Print

Author Topic: the worst video game glitches of all times--post 'em here  (Read 8670 times)

« on: December 28, 2005, 06:04:55 PM »
i was playing harvest moon 64 and one day when i put the character to bed, he woke up sick in the field of grass adn stu and the other little boy were visisting me and it continued ot the next day which was complete darkenss and i had  to restart my whole game. it was crazy. how bout your worst glitch moments?
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 07:42:25 PM »
There's a game called Golvelius on the Sega Master System.  It's sort of a Zelda-esque 3/4-view swords-and-dungeons game.  You start off with one kind of sword, and there's also a Legendary sword, the best in the game.  Additionally, there's an intermediate sword called the "Sword of the Valley" which you kinda need if you want to keep defeating enemies at about 1/3 of the way through the game.
Apparently, on some copies of Golvelius, buying the Sword of the Valley will cause the game to reset.
I own one of these copies.
Go Moon!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2005, 07:54:56 PM »
Sometimes I turn on my SNES and some save files are gone. This has happened on SMRPG, SMK, and a couple of times on SMAS.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2005, 08:13:23 PM »
That happens to SMW for me.

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2005, 08:29:48 PM »
My game files repeatedly erase themselves in:

Pokemon Emerald: After beating the Elite 4 and catching Rayquaza and Latios
Sonic Battle: After unlocking E-102.
Mario Kart 64: It erased itself, then it was fine. Weird...
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Yoshi55

• Banned
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2005, 09:21:42 PM »
Sometimes I turn on my SNES and some save files are gone. This has happened on SMRPG, SMK, and a couple of times on SMAS.

It always happen on my SMW cartridge from 1991 (I traded an extra SNES and the cartridge to someone for an NES). The player's choice million seller copy of SMW that I own doesn't do that. I don't have that problem with any of the other 3 SNES games I own (Yoshi's Safari, which has no save battery; Super Mario Kart, which I lost as soon as I got it used; and Donkey Kong Country, which I never lose data on)
He's back. All you had to do is ask. Super Mario Bros. 3 from Nintendo. Now you're playing with POWER! (SMB3 NES commercial)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2005, 10:30:53 PM »
Oh, and one day the only button that worked on my SNES controller was B, and it didn't even work right! It would make the SMAS menu go left, sometimes even start a game. I need to buy a couple of new ones, now that I've got money. SNES controllers always meet their ends, I've gone through about 4 now...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2005, 10:43:41 PM »
This is a good topic. I have a long story one, so I'll post it later when I feel like it.

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2005, 12:38:15 AM »
i just saw a snes at goodwill, from '92, that had 2 contollers, about 6 games which included super mario world, and it had all the plugs. it was 30 bucks and my ma didnt buy it cause she had just got us a gamecube, brand new, and she was afraid it wouldnt work.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2005, 01:11:23 AM »
When I was little, I was playing a batman game, and it was taking me a REALLY long time to do everything, and I got through most of the stuff by pure luck, and it was fairly frustrating.  Hey, I was young and sucked at video games.  So, I was also stupid because I never really took the time to stop and save.
So I was FINALLY up against Mr. Freeze, after countless tries of getting up to him, and Batman got stuck in a freezer....
I'm sorry, I don't believe I emphasized:  Batman got STUCK in a FREEZER.
So after too many tries of trying to get out, or have Mr. Freeze just kill me, I had to shut off the game.  I didn't replay the game though, because it wasn't that great anyways....
But still, a freezer.  Let it be known that the coolest super hero (in my opinion) was beat by a freezer. 

(Okay, Spiderman might be a tad cooler...)
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2005, 01:29:53 AM »
that's funny...imagine that, batman in a freezer

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2005, 07:52:38 AM »

I blew on my sm64 cartriged then all of my data was gone.......i panic!(cause 1 of them was 'bout 110 stars!)blew it again it was fine.

odd........
if u want to find me on runescape...its linkloz01 or royfe02

Yoshi55

• Banned
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2005, 07:58:49 AM »
Oh, and one day the only button that worked on my SNES controller was B, and it didn't even work right! It would make the SMAS menu go left, sometimes even start a game. I need to buy a couple of new ones, now that I've got money. SNES controllers always meet their ends, I've gone through about 4 now...

NES controllers (the old '80s style ones, not the new '90s ones) can last 20 years even in the household of an angry gamer that throws the controller. One time I forgot to hold reset when playing Legend of Zelda, which caused all my data to be erased.
He's back. All you had to do is ask. Super Mario Bros. 3 from Nintendo. Now you're playing with POWER! (SMB3 NES commercial)

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2005, 09:32:02 AM »
I blew on my sm64 cartriged then all of my data was gone.......i panic!(cause 1 of them was 'bout 110 stars!)blew it again it was fine.

odd........

that happened to my niese's sm64 game

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2005, 11:27:27 AM »
Yeah, I had Mario Party2, It was erased, then the next time the data came back! (Such a relief I completed Mini-Game coaster on hard.)

Print