Print

Author Topic: What've you been reading?  (Read 30280 times)

« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2006, 10:48:35 PM »
Loosely.

Ever read the Bartimaeus trilogy? Er, actually, I guess it's a duo-ilogy, because the third one isn't out yet, as far as I know.

« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2006, 10:50:33 PM »
The only thing I've read recently is the Bible, I think.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Jman

• Score
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2006, 03:50:21 PM »
My English class is currently reading "To Kill a Mockingbird."  We just started, so I have nothing to say yet.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2006, 09:23:46 AM »
I recently read a ginormous compilation book of every single Aliens vs. Predator comic by Dark Horse, and it's pretty cool. It even has a section with little bios for both the characters and the staff who made the comic.
every

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2006, 06:34:15 PM »
I finished The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy, and continuing on that very hillarious series with The Resturant at the End of the Universe. I've also been reading FoxTrot treasuries and the Rock and Roll Encyclopedia on the side.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2006, 10:30:23 PM »
Nancy Drew and Little House of the Prairie. I finished reading them when I was 11 but I read Little House in the Big Woods over again. I just didn't get it.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2006, 02:40:43 PM by pt_peach »
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2006, 04:09:57 AM »
Just a note: titles are books are supposed to be italicized. You only underline them when writing by hand since you can't really write italics by hand, but on computers like this, we can all italicize!

The last thing I read was The House of the Seven Gables. Someone got it for me at the actual house it was based on.

« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2006, 04:41:57 PM »
   I had to work a month in Texas (I live in Ohio) so I bought the Narnia audiobooks and I gotta say... there are few authors as good as C.S. Lewis.    Also, I'm reading "Which Lie did I tell" by William Goldman... which is also great.
My short film sucks.

« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2006, 01:34:24 AM »
Currently re-reading "Martin the Warrior", a Redwall novel.

"Watership Down" will remain my favorite book of all time, but the Redwall series has come awfully close.

My favorites in the Redwall series:

1. Taggerung
2. Rakkety Tam
3. The Legend of Luke
4. Martin the Warrior
5. Redwall
6. Mattimeo
7. Triss

About the ones I don't like... well, Loamhedge is almost universally considered the worst of the Redwall bunch. I have also despised three other Redwall novels that many people like: The Long Patrol, The Outcast of Redwall, and Mossflower.

For favorite book based on a true story, without a doubt Alex Kotlowitz's "There Are No Children Here", for its portrayal of "the other America" where the Rivers family is stuck in the poor, violent neighborhood of the Henry Horner projects. Very powerful story, and the movie did a great job following the book (geez, it even had Oprah in it). Of course, now I can't hear "Henry Horner" without thinking of "Danger, Will Robinson! Danger!"
You didn't say wot wot.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2006, 10:21:24 PM »
How could you have forgetten about the Pearls of Lutra? Goodness sake!

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2006, 10:27:00 PM »
Hmm, somehow I think MLA accepts either underlining or italicizing in typing, but I could be mistaken.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2006, 10:48:11 PM »
Lately I have been reading the Lord of the Rings trilogy while reading Lord of the Flies.  Both are very good, and I also want to read a few others this year as well, such as Treasure Island, Of Mice and Men, Farenheit 451, and some others.
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2006, 05:47:39 PM »
I strongly dislike Fahrenheit 451. I didn't like all the required analysis in order to understand what was going on.

« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2006, 06:34:24 PM »
I'm not really reading anything new right now, but I enjoy the Artemis Fowl series.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2006, 09:51:32 PM »
Meh, reading a book.  I'm WRITING a book.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Print