Print

Author Topic: Il Piantissimo's Identity REVEALED!  (Read 35202 times)

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2006, 07:57:01 PM »
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2006, 08:28:55 PM »
Corona is actually an english term, too. I can't remember exactly what it means, though. Something like 'red circle'.

« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2006, 12:31:36 PM »
I believe Nokis are another variation of "Noko noko", shelled characters. Koopas.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2006, 02:49:09 PM »
Also, notice the archetecture in Dolphino Square. The buildings, colors, and shapes really seem like italy, and with the canal in the middle close to noki Bay's starting point, Venice.
Most Wishy-Washy

« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2006, 03:09:42 PM »
Also, notice the archetecture in Dolphino Square. The buildings, colors, and shapes really seem like italy, and with the canal in the middle close to noki Bay's starting point, Venice.
Has anybody been to the Portofino Bay hotel? It looks like just Delfino Plaza in Super Mario Sunshine. Note that in SMS, the music in the Plaza is kind of Italian. Also, isn't bianco an ingrediant for making certian foods?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 03:11:38 PM by cantthinkofaname »
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2006, 05:05:25 PM »
The boats look Italien but the music is more french.
Senior Mariology professor

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2006, 06:22:15 PM »
I cannot believe you guys. I'm sorry, this is just amazing.

"bianco" means "white"
"corona" in Corona Mountain probably means that it's the highest point on the island, because the word "corona" is where we get our word "crown"
As for Il Piantissimo, Sapph is at least in the ballpark. It's something probably like "the real Pianta-ish guy" because -issimo is simply an intensifier of what would logically be "pianto," but isn't.
Also, Vid is right about Nokis.
Isle Delfino is based on Italy, and that should be obvious if not from anything but the insane amount of Italian words everywhere.
That was a joke.

« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2006, 07:59:58 PM »
Well, nobody will know until they have full proof of what these words actually mean. And there are a lot of different meanings for some of the words, so you don't have to argue with a %100 believed opinion when you don't have evidence or support of any kind. In a way you're doing what Yoshi55 did-- 'Forcing your opinions without any backup references'.

If I sounded insulting, I apologize. I just don't like it when people state an opinion with an unneeded remark. It just makes everybody else feel stupid.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2006, 09:19:37 PM »
Empirical evidence is not an opinion.
That was a joke.

« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2006, 12:50:07 AM »
I know of a fair few video games that are based on real places in the world. Pokemon XD is set in an Arizona clone, for example.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2006, 09:46:14 AM »
What a great cameo! :)

- Fuzmeister

« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2006, 07:29:57 PM »
i'd know that face anywhere but he's much shorter in sms werid
Somewhere somehow a duck is watching me.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2006, 07:33:48 PM »
Way, to revive a topic that was last posted in a month ago, Mr. Mad.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2006, 07:54:49 PM »
It's okay, it's okay. What's a month, anyway?

« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2006, 08:01:50 PM »
*insert witty reply to LD's post here*

Anyway, Mr.Mad does have a point. The height difference is quite strange.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Print