Print

Author Topic: Yoshi's Island world 1 extra help!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 3290 times)

« on: April 14, 2006, 07:47:19 AM »
this level is so darn hard. how do i beat it?

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 08:07:22 AM »
Poochy IS Stupid. I don't care what the level title says. One thing you'll find about the Extra stages is that that odd numbered ones are all really hard (probably the 3 hardest levels in the game), and the even numbers ones are relatively easy.

Anyways, the most important things to remember are that Poochy always runs in the direction you are facing when you're riding him, and that Poochy always runs faster than the screen scrolls -- thus, if you face the same way too long, Poochy will run off the screen and kill you. (Thus, change direction every so often if you're about to run off the screen, or jump off Poochy for a short time and land back on him to stop him altogether. The trick is just memorizing where all the "level traps" are and preparing for them one at a time.

Even knowing this, I fail this level quite a bit myself. This level can be really hit or miss, especially with how erratically Poochy moves sometimes. Perhaps Fifth has advice that may help you more than mine?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 08:09:17 AM by Insane Steve »
~I.S.~

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2006, 10:20:31 AM »
Keep jumping up and down on Poochy unless you have to stay on. That way you won't lose control.

Eat all the bats that are in your way, stay on normal ground as much as possible, and don't blink.
Senior Mariology professor

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2006, 11:10:55 AM »
The Ball n Chains at near the end of that level always throws me off of Poochy. Try to go RIGHT through it, not letting Mario fly too far from you. then use a star powerup at the end. Best I got for THAT trap. :S
I bet I'm better than you at Yoshi's Island 64!

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006, 01:44:43 PM »
One last bit of help.
When you get to the Ball and Chain launch an egg at the three coins underneath it.  It is significantly easier then trying to pick them up while dodging the trap.

Print