Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1273585 times)

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #1575 on: April 27, 2007, 11:20:06 PM »
Hey Pt, what happened to your "Spys and sleepovers" Story? That rocked!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #1576 on: April 28, 2007, 01:05:17 AM »
Haha, I remember the last complete fanfic I posted here. Now that I look at it, it's quite outdated; some of the featured members have long since left. Heck, it even has Ledzeppelinrocks instead of Hyrulian! :o

Anyway, I beat Darius and the rest of Stacked Deck in Need for Speed: Carbon. :D I found Wolf, Kenji and Angie to be easy, but the Canyon Duel against Darius and his Audi was another matter entirely.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #1577 on: April 28, 2007, 12:59:01 PM »
I remember when Hyrulian was LZR. Ah, those were the days...
every

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1578 on: April 28, 2007, 06:10:39 PM »
I hope that my father will give my that $20 earlier than usual and that whoever drives me to church on Wednesday will stop at Gamestop first so that I can buy a copy of Pokémon Diamond and start my conquest of Sinnoh/start sending out Ditto to people.

« Reply #1579 on: April 28, 2007, 08:52:05 PM »
Today must be my lucky day.

First off, I actually made it to my FastTrack orientation class today (after no-showing my previous two chances and subsequently being dropped from the program). I scored pretty high on the assessment tests, high enough that I qualified for the Honors English courses, though I have to talk to my counselor about signing up for it.

Second, I beat Super Paper Mario today. I won't delve into any details but it felt great to finally complete the game (ok so it's not 100% complete but whatever I still want those PM1 and 2 Catch Cards).

Thirdly, I managed to get Pokemon Diamond today despite having 70 dollars prepared yesterday to get both versions yet blowing almost all of it just before actually going to the store. Luckily, my mom was nice enough to lend me the extra 30 bucks to buy the game. I went to Fry's and got the last copy of it on the shelf (Pearl version was completely sold out lol). I hung around an hour or so as my brother got some PSP and DS games and I felt kind of bad seeing all these little kids coming in, asking the associates where the new Pokemon games are, being pointed towards the third aisle, and leaving disappointed because there were no copies left. Oh well, knowing kids, they probably managed to get it (at an inflated price of 39.95) at the Wal Mart next door (Low prices is a scam marketing tool when I got it for 35 bucks).

Fourth, when I first started out, I chose the boy (though I was really tempted to use the girl character because the guy has a butt ugly design) and when I chose Piplup for the first time, it came out a female. I was like "dfdfdfd, I has a female Piplup. Heck yes, sup breeding couple".

Fifth, the "Last Episode" (air quotes around last because there's still a sixth season, a tv movie, and a new episode next month) of Ed, Edd n' Eddy was actually good. It completely made up for some pretty crappy episodes produced since its 2005 return. I officially rank it up there with 1 + 1 = Ed and Honor Thy Ed as one of the best episodes ever.

I'm so happy right now. I love me. <3.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1580 on: April 28, 2007, 09:09:33 PM »
Inflated price at Wal*Mart? They have it for $35 here, though I'll probably buy it at GameStop just because I can trade in a game or two and get an extra 20% trade-in credit due to promotions.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #1581 on: April 28, 2007, 09:31:39 PM »
Wow, haven't posted in a while (don't want to become a Sapph, now, do I?) Well, there are many things I have to be HOPEFUL for that have occurred in the past few months. Here's a list:

-I plan to get a summer job at a hot dog/ice cream place to earn money for a new guitar amp, bass guitar & amp, Onyx DS Lite, 12-string Alvarez acoustic guitar, and many other things as well.
-I have gotten my Wii back [a long time ago, actually. Nintendo has extremely-fast service] and am back online and playing games.
-I received a free very much-used drum kit w/ three tom-toms, a hi hat without a foot pedal, a bass drum & pedal, and a snare drum & stand. Even though it is very worn, you'd be surprised at its great sound.
-I have Pokémon Diamond and am gaining fast progress on beating it.
-School is almost over and I have a growing action plan to get all of these end-of-the-year final projects done.
-It is slowly getting warmer out.

That's about it for now. I guess I'm just bursting with old and new HOPEFULNESS. I HOPE that it lasts.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #1582 on: April 28, 2007, 09:44:51 PM »
I hope the internet doesn't cause eye cancer... Sorry, that wasn't very positive was it.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 11:04:35 PM by Boo Dudley »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1583 on: April 29, 2007, 01:58:24 AM »
- Beat the Duel of 100 in SPM yesterday (since it is 12:54 AM now).
- Newborn second cousin. Abby has a little sister now. :D
...I was hoping it'd be a boy... sniff.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 03:40:18 AM by Lizard Dude »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #1584 on: April 29, 2007, 02:51:03 AM »
Aww, be happy BirdPerson! I wanted a nephew but look at my niece! All smiley and giggly and 9 months old and walking by herself...the joy of babies...and the cries :D XD
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #1585 on: April 29, 2007, 06:03:58 AM »
Oh, it seems as I may have forgotten about two important things that should be on that list. They are:

-My dad and I fixed our anti virus program (Dad originally downloaded the one for Windows 2000 and below XP) and are once again protected from teh Interwebnet's nastys.
-I have downloaded Mozilla Firefox and it's great! I'm using it right now, as a matter of fact.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #1586 on: April 29, 2007, 09:36:05 AM »
I'm happy because I'm this close to developing the cure for cancer.
every

« Reply #1587 on: April 29, 2007, 10:34:54 AM »
Too late, I already did!
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #1588 on: April 29, 2007, 10:50:21 AM »
Some guy collapsed at church today- I think he was having a heart attack, because he was screaming and gasping loudly. The ambulance came and took him, so I hope he's okay.

« Reply #1589 on: April 29, 2007, 12:05:40 PM »
My final band concert is tomorrow night. I'm performing in the ensemble that plays the hardest pieces in this one. :D
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Print