Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1273963 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #885 on: January 18, 2007, 07:28:08 PM »
By disk drive, people usually mean a drive dealing with floppy disks. CD drive (or sometimes disc drive) or DVD drive or whatever is for optical discs. The magnetic=disk and optical=disc spelling is not always used, but most people agree that is the way to spell them.
That was a joke.

« Reply #886 on: January 19, 2007, 07:11:22 PM »
I've been listening to a lot of Yes lately, and hopefully my recently earned capital will go towards buying a few of their albums soon.  I think I'm going to be spending a little bit more time here than I have recently.
I only watch [adult swim]

« Reply #887 on: January 19, 2007, 09:42:23 PM »
I plan to nab one at 8 am at Target and then go to church

Sorry for being late to the party, but wouldn't it be wiser to get one at Best Buy, since you said they're getting 10x+ more systems than Target?

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #888 on: January 19, 2007, 09:44:09 PM »
If they release theirs earlier, then yes. But, church starts at 9 am, and Best Buy supposedly opens at 10 am. Also, the 150+ units prediction is just a myth. I will still try to get to Target early enough (I called and they said they would hand tickets out at 7 am) to finally get Wii.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #889 on: January 20, 2007, 03:42:46 PM »
I got a cellphone todaaaaay! :D I'm no longer the only person in my school who doesn't have a cellphone!
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #890 on: January 20, 2007, 05:49:46 PM »
lol, cellphones.

Anyway, I have no classes next week, and I have pit orchestra for three hours straight (fun!) on Friday.

Oh, and Heroes comes back on the air on Monday. :D
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #891 on: January 21, 2007, 01:28:12 PM »
My first part of the trip to Mexico:

It was so much fun! The drive was wonderful. The scenery was specatcular. The food was good. We rode down the streets on Ensenada in a carriage and walked around. The people were friendly. The fresh shrimp was jumbo. Summed up, it was fun. Now for the second part, look into the angst thread.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #892 on: January 21, 2007, 02:07:48 PM »
Most fantastic Birthday I have ever had.  Well, okay, so my birthday isn't until Thursday, but my family celebrated last night, since my sister is leaving tonight and wanted to be here for it.  Anyway...

The start of the day was normal.  Then we (My parents, my aunt and uncle, my sister, and her boyfriend) left to go to the restaurant we always go to.  Got there, and even though we called ahead at about 6, at 7 we still had a 30 min wait.  Alright, we knew that would happen, it's a busy place all the time.  Standing with my sister and her boyfriend in the bar area, and I realize that my teacher is coming towards me.  It's alright, since he's pretty cool and I can usually talk to him for a little while.  Still odd to try and force a conversation with people I barely know though.  Speed this up a bit, we finally sit after 40 minutes, order some appetizers, try calamari for the first time (not bad, just kinda chewy), order the 1 1/2 pound steak, have a good time.  Other than being very proud of myself for eating the whole fatty, bloody thing (with a bit of effort for the last few bits), there really wasn't much else of excitement at the restaurant.  We all get back to the house, and my mother and sister run upstairs saying, nay, yelling "DON'T COME UP HERE MIKE!  DON'T COME UP!  LIVING ROOM, NOW!"  With my coat still on because I didn't even get to put it away, my mother and sister try and fit a big bag on the table.  After some moving of mail, and a camera knocked down, they get it.

I reach in, pull out a blue-wrapped square, Madden 07 for the Wii.  Very cool, I've been wanting to buy this for a while, but my mother said that I couldn't buy any new games until after my birthday.  My sisters boyfriend, who I'm pretty good friends with, has been itching to play it, is almost in tears when my mother reminds him he has to play Monopoly with everyone.  Reach in, pull out a heavy jacket.  Good, since the thin ones don't work well in the bitter cold.  Reach to the very bottom of the bag, pull out the most incredible movie ever, The Karate Kid!  Oh, the love for this movie is hard to say in any language I know.  Great gifts.  My sister then says she forgot to wrap it, and hands me a yellow duck pen.  Sweetness, I love the little ducky pen.  I'm very happy with everything when my mother pulls another box out of her room.  Big, heavy, 'fragile' according to the side.  I rip off the Christmas paper turned around, making it white, pull open the box, and see... a bag.  I pull it out, reach back in.  I pull out a almost triangular box (it's called a trapezoid, right?  Never mind.)  Excitement, anticipation, really really full feeling...

I FINALLY GOT A BANJO!  Over a year of drooling over the banjo in the window of the instrument store.  I was so excited, when I went to hug my mother, got tangled in the wrapping paper, tripped, and got a black eye from the chair she was sitting in.  But it doesn't matter, because I actually own a banjo!
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #893 on: January 21, 2007, 05:32:40 PM »

Yes, I finally got it! Wii!!! YES!. Okay... I'm done. Now for the story...

Well, I woke up at 5:50 am, quickly got dressed, and left with my grandma around 6:05 am. From there we drove in a frozen van to Best Buy to see who was there. Would you believe it, but the store expected to receive 150+ units had no one there! So, we journeyed (sp?) to Target. As we approached the front doors, we saw a short line of only eight. We immediately got out and took our places in line, and received insight that they had 40+. Then I thought, "this must be it. This must be the day I will get Wii." And, sure enough, after standing in the cold for fifty minutes (quite awkwardly, as I was in a dazed state, not wondering whether or not I really would get Wii), a woman came out from Target with tickets in her hand around 7:05 am. "Okay, we have forty-eight units." "YES" was the immediate thought. So, she handed out the tickets, and we left.
We drove to McDonald's next confidently, knowing that we had a Wii waiting for us for as long as 8:59 am. After a medium cappacino, hash brown, and sausage, egg and cheese McGriddle for me (steak, egg and cheese bagel & cappucino for my grandma), we left to go back to Target around 7:45 am.
So, we arrived back at the sacred place about ten minutes before the arches to electronic heaven would open, We were greeted by many people without tickets who were waiting outside for Wii (wimps). Then, right at 8 o'clock, the previously-mentioned woman opened the doors and lead us inside. Walking down the aisle to the electronics department, I knew that I would have Wii, but I just couldn't believe it. We approached the Wii section, and everyone dove for the controllers (too bad I only had JUST enough for the console alone with tax). I went to the electronics desk next and got into a line, where I could see the many Wii consoles stacked behind the cashiers. After one person in front of me left, I approached the cashier and handed him my "golden" ticket. And, after confusion with the three Visa gift cards I had ("Sorry, but you must know the amount or you can't use it"), I gave up all of my bills, was handed a hundred by my grandma, and collected my prize (rather heavy it was, I might add). Walking out of the store in triumph and glee, my grandma and I headed home to get ready for church. And, here I am at home, playing Wii Sports and exploring my new world.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #894 on: January 21, 2007, 07:11:40 PM »
In other Wii related news, I may be getting one for my birthday. :o

I'm also hoping to buy Multimedia Fusion 2 with any birthday money...
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #895 on: January 21, 2007, 08:46:42 PM »
Yay for the Melee Man! He got his Wii! Now, I should be the next one. Note that I said should...that is if you care, which I do not expect you to do XD.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #896 on: January 22, 2007, 10:07:30 PM »
I finally got a cutom title!

Big thanks to who is most likely Chupperson.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #897 on: January 22, 2007, 10:13:40 PM »
Cool PL, but I like Nintendo Bros.' new CT a bit more.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #898 on: January 22, 2007, 10:14:36 PM »
<MaxVance> Chup, did you give PL his CT?
<Chupperson> I did not do it

Hmm. Come to #tmk and ask if you're curious.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #899 on: January 22, 2007, 10:16:27 PM »
Thanks to whoever, then.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 10:20:23 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Print