Print

Author Topic: What's for breakfast?  (Read 19995 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2006, 07:58:00 AM »
My grandfather once told me this saying that goes: "Eat like a king at breakfast, eat like a prince at lunch and eat like a peasant at dinner".

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2006, 09:35:11 AM »
That sounds right, actually.
Yesterday, I needed the energy to mow the lawn, so I had two pieces of butter toast.

Today, I needed the energy to loaf around, so I had eggs, bacon, and an English muffin.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2006, 09:51:29 AM »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2006, 05:08:40 PM »
Cruel irony. It's goes similarly for unhealthy foods, which usually taste better than healthy ones.

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2006, 06:55:57 PM »
Seriously, retake health class.  Any doctor who knows about nutrition will tell you that if you don't eat breakfast, than you will have a hard time burning calories until you eat again.  All those days will start to add up until you are a big tubby monster!  Seriously folks, breakfast is the most important meal of the day!  You learn this in Paper Mario.
"If you want to make enemies, try to change something."--Woodrow Wilson

« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2006, 09:28:39 PM »
ROFL to LD's post.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2006, 09:40:02 PM »
More Pop-Tarts today. I think I need some more.

ROFL to LD's post.
Huh? Lizard Dude hasn't posted here.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2006, 12:50:14 AM »
Sometimes I get Luigison and Lizard Dude's posts mixed up too.
I still don't know what fuzzy is on about, saying lack of food results in inability to burn calories. How does that even make sense?
That was a joke.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2006, 01:01:18 AM »
I think he means that if you don't eat, your metabolism slows down to conserve calories for energy. With a slower metabolism, it makes it easier to gain weight when you do eat.

Of course, that happens if you continually don't eat when you're hungry. It doesn't happen if you "skip a meal" now and then or don't eat when you're not hungry, regardless of the time of day, which is what fuzzy seems to be claiming.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2006, 04:35:22 AM »
I usually skip lunch when I'm not in school beca-... oh, right. I wake up at lunch time, and I eat breakfast. Well, yeah. I eat wen I get hungry, but I'm ALWAYS hugry when I wake up.
Today I had a breakfast burrito (I could live offa those things) with some tiny pancakes. Unfortunately, the pancakes went to waste because the syrup didn't taste like anything, so it was like pouring very very thick water on them. I saved two pancakes, which I tossed into the toaster to make into a PB&J sandwich for dinner (accompanied by some leftover-from-breakfast bacon). Breakfast seriously is the leetest meal. It will pwn any other food you eat.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2006, 01:49:21 PM »
fuzzy is right, in a way. If you do not eat breakfast, it is proven that you will gain weight. The fact is you shoud eat the most calories at breakfast, and less and less calories for the rest of the day. If you consume more calories later in the day and skip breakfast, you will gain weight. If you consume the most calories early, then you will lose weight.

Oh yeah. I had a '70's style strawberry Pop-tart today, dated from the '70's. Mmmmm, aged to perfection.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2006, 02:56:35 PM by Mr.Melee »
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2006, 02:52:38 PM »
I had a pancake.  Since you haven't eaten the whole time you were sleeping, the body thinks that it is starving so it conserves as many calories as it can.  Once you eat your body will get back on normal schedule and burn calories like normal.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2006, 02:54:22 PM »
Hair color is based on what hour of day you're born.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2006, 05:15:16 PM »
LOL

Uh, fuzzy, if you're not hungry when you wake up, I'm pretty sure your body doesn't think it's "starving". Because, well, sleeping is kind of a normal activity. If you stayed up all night and didn't eat, then you would be abnormally hungry. But sleeping is different since your body knows it needs to sleep. "Starving" only begins to occur long after just a few hours of not eating.
What makes you fat is eating large meals before sleeping, because then you don't have any chance to digest well or work it off, instead you sit in the same place and it doesn't get processed efficiently.
Moral: Eat when you're hungry, not when you're not. And don't make dinner your largest meal.
That was a joke.

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2006, 06:33:14 PM »
But always eat breakfast when you get up.  Why doesn't anybody ever believe me or think I am making a good point when I am stating facts?  My CT should be changed to "liar" or something.

Print