Print

Author Topic: What's for breakfast?  (Read 19997 times)

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #75 on: July 12, 2006, 01:37:26 PM »
It's just that he posts things for the wrong reasons. And uses the wrong reasons to try to get people to listen to him.

Explain.  I just like to post interesting things.  I am a Factoid. 
"If you want to make enemies, try to change something."--Woodrow Wilson

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #76 on: July 12, 2006, 02:03:56 PM »
If you read that study carefully, you'll see several critical points, which were not addressed, and thus baseless generalizations were made.
Breakfast habits, nutritional status, body weight, and academic performance in children and adolescents.
Breakfast eaters generally consumed more daily calories yet were less likely to be overweight, although not all studies associated breakfast skipping with overweight.

Man, fuzzy sure gets the shaft around here, even though he almost always says factual things.

My point being he says lots of things that may have some basis in fact, but are mixed with a lot of twisted/unfactual things used to strengthen his arguments.  And he definitely doesn't know anything about persuasion... far too confrontational.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 02:48:14 PM by MEGAߥTE »

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #77 on: July 12, 2006, 03:22:45 PM »
My point being he says lots of things that may have some basis in fact, but are mixed with a lot of twisted/unfactual things used to strengthen his arguments.  And he definitely doesn't know anything about persuasion... far too confrontational.

Persuade you to do what Mr. Megabyte?  What twisted things?  All I said was that don't think you can lose weight by skipping breakfast every single day.  It will be much harder to burn calories if that happens.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 03:27:59 PM by fuzzy »

« Reply #78 on: July 13, 2006, 10:25:35 AM »
On topic, I had Eggo Cinnamon Waffles this morning.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #79 on: July 13, 2006, 11:03:20 AM »
Persuade you to do what Mr. Megabyte?
I think he means that when a person tries to express their views, they are trying to persuade people to believe what they believe, and he's saying you're not doing a good job of accomplishing that.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I had three pieces of pizza.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 11:12:57 AM by Mr.Melee »
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #80 on: July 13, 2006, 11:10:54 AM »
I am tempted to quote and reply to fuzzy's post, but will instead simly say that I had orange juice and dark chocolate for breakfast.  I'm now having an energy vitamin water.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #81 on: July 13, 2006, 11:15:24 AM »
I had Corn Pops.  Did you know that they used to be call Sugar Pops?  Huh, what?  You don't believe me?  Big suprise.

believe what they believe

What the scientific and health community believes.  You can deny the facts just as people always do with religion.  Now that I think about it, I wouldn't expect simple minded gullible people like you to believe me.  Happy now?

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #82 on: July 13, 2006, 11:18:24 AM »
Hmm, I think I had... something out of a can today.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #83 on: July 13, 2006, 11:19:17 AM »
simple minded gullible people
Why again am I simple-minded? Because I don't believe what you or the scientific people do? And why the heck am I and the rest of the forums considered by you gullible? Seriously, back up what you say instead of just saying it.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 11:21:34 AM by Mr.Melee »

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #84 on: July 13, 2006, 07:12:24 PM »
Ok, this thread is for breakfast things, not arguing about facts and gullibility. I split those off into their own thread.

I just don't eat breakfast because I'm never hungry in the morning after I wake up. And when I am, I usually eat Burger King LUNCH items for breakfast. Or eat some cereal out of the box.
~I.S.~

« Reply #85 on: July 13, 2006, 09:01:11 PM »
I don't eat breakfast, simply because either:
A. I wake up around lunch time, missing the meal altogether
or
B. Wake up and be out the door before I can even THINK of eating something.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #86 on: July 14, 2006, 08:44:00 AM »
Today, I can hear the bread, butter, and toaster calling...

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #87 on: July 14, 2006, 11:31:55 AM »
Hungry Man Sports Grill. A bunch of chicken with cheese fries; it's the best one they make.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #88 on: July 15, 2006, 08:46:07 AM »
Anyone ever take two pieces of peanut butter toast and make a sandwich with them? That's what I'm having for breakfast today.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #89 on: July 24, 2006, 02:06:51 AM »
What twisted things?  All I said was that don't think you can lose weight by skipping breakfast every single day.  It will be much harder to burn calories if that happens.

Sorry, I was away and didn't reply to this sooner.  What twisted things?  For example, you did it again right here.  That was not what you said.  What you said was that everybody that skips breakfast will get fat.  Big difference.

EDIT: I suppose this was mostly covered in Steve's topic.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 02:33:03 AM by MEGAߥTE »

Print