Print

Author Topic: Most ANNOYING Moments in Mario Kart Games  (Read 34379 times)

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #105 on: July 26, 2007, 06:05:45 PM »
I don't like Daisy.
I don't like the character selection for current games (not just MK series).... I mean come on... Blooper for MP8? King Boo downsizing 10000x to be fit for DD? Petey for TT and DD?!?!!?!? Gah, pick some better folks.... like... hmm.... not Petey or Blooper? Next they'll include Micro-Goombas, Bob-Ombs, and Pokeys as playable characters on MK Wii or the next Mario Party.

Usually, if I'm pwning MKDS, I'll get hit with 3 to 4 blue shells in a straight row right before the finish line, but I still win. It just takes forever to fly up in the air, regain your composure, and go.

MK64, I hated having triple shrooms and using them next to someone like Mario (I always am Luigi) or anyone for that matter... because he would keep up with me!!! and if using them inbetween the shroom ramps right before the big jump at Peach's Raceway, Mario is going faster when he hits the ramps!!!! It sucks. I also hate when Peach or Toad magically gets half a lap ahead and you can never catch up. One last thing, them catching up on a straight-away, getting about half the screen in front of you.... and then they suddenly top out and start slowing down but you can still never catch them unless you get a star and triple red shells.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 06:11:27 PM by Trainman »
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #106 on: July 26, 2007, 08:05:03 PM »
I don't like Daisy.
I don't like the character selection for current games (not just MK series).... I mean come on... Blooper for MP8? King Boo downsizing 10000x to be fit for DD? Petey for TT and DD?!?!!?!? Gah, pick some better folks.... like... hmm.... not Petey or Blooper? Next they'll include Micro-Goombas, Bob-Ombs, and Pokeys as playable characters on MK Wii or the next Mario Party.

I agree. The character selection in the spinoffs since after Mario Sunshine has been extremely lame. King Boo was ok, but using a generic Boo as playable in the MP series? C'mon! At least it wasn't Petey, who they seem to be shoving down our throats at every opprotunity. Blooper for MP8 was ok, because that's another spot that could have been Petey or Bowser Jr, but wasn't.

I want to see the Koopa Kids make a comeback, as well as some other classic enemies. I won't list them all here, but Boom-boom, the Shyguys, and Wart are among them (in no particular order).
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

volbound1700

• Banned
« Reply #107 on: July 31, 2007, 02:28:02 PM »
I get annoyed on Mario Kart DD how the same computer always gets 2nd and there is not much competition.  I know they do it to keep you from winning but I would like to see a race where all 8 players are competing for first and it is tough. 

Getting hit by stuff is a part of the game, annoying to you while you play but that is part of the fun. 
Go Vols!

volbound1700

• Banned
« Reply #108 on: July 31, 2007, 02:37:23 PM »
Double Dash was too easy also btw... took me less then 2 weeks (and only playing it maybe an hour a day, some days didn't even play it) to beat it on 150cc and Mirror Mode and unlock everything.

I picked it up and won the first 50cc race right away.

I like the characters for this game, but I would also like to see Bowser Kids from SMB3 in Mario Parties rather then those other Koopa Kids.

Also another annoying moment is when the computers on 150cc get nailed with a turtle shell and then 2 seconds later come back and pass you.   
Go Vols!

volbound1700

• Banned
« Reply #109 on: July 31, 2007, 02:55:14 PM »
Advice for beating it:

For each cup there are certain must win levels and hard ones

Mushroom Cup

All are about easy but the baby course is the best, because you can usually not only get in first but also screw up the computer slotted to be in 2nd everytime.  Keep nailing him with items and he will sometimes finish in 4th and 5th which pratically gives you the cup.

Peach's beach and Desert are easy as long as you don't get hit by obstacles.

Toughest Course: Mario course, although it is not that hard, just hardest of 3 since straight course.  Overall easy cup to win.

Flower Cup

The two must wins are the bridge and daisy's cruiser.  The computer will fumble around on these courses and give you opportunities to win.  Luigi's course can be tough but you should at least get in 2nd.

Toughest Course:  Waluigi by far, the rest are very manageable but this one can mess you up.  Watch out for traps that will push you into the tar (bananas or fake blocks).  Try to hit computers on the turns near the tar and it will mess them up more.

Flower Cup is not too hard, but could mess you up if you run into problems

Star Cup

Star Cup may actually be easier then Flower Cup.  The city level and DK Jungle are the best for beating the computers.  Computers don't handle the curves well in the city and don't go the short cut.  In DK Jungle they stay on the path while you don't have to (just go straight down hill, it is better).  DK Jungle is hard for beginners but once you learn to handle curves, it is best for beating computers. 
The Ice level is also fairly good to beat computer on as well if you can dodge the shyguys and iceblocks. 

Hardest Course:  Yoshis Course, probably 2nd hardest in game.  Yoshi's course looks easy and straight on at times but the curves can kill you and for some reason the computers are always really good on this course (a lot better on the others).  Do not be suprised to find yourself in 3rd or 4th during most of the race.  For some reason, if you can stay in the race the computers will sometimes fold at the end and allow you to pass them to finish in first or second. 

Actually this cup is fairly easy to win, probably easier then the flower cup if you can take advantage of the shortcuts.

Special Cup

There are two levels that at first glance look really hard but once you play them a few times, you can rock the computers at them.  Dino level is the best to beat computers on if you can avoid getting hit by the dinosaur and knocked off on that bridge towards the end.  The computer takes the outside in the cave, so if you can avoid the gysers and take the inside, you can have a huge advantage.  Wario course also has an advantage if you take the jump pad rather then the hole.  L and R buttons are your friend here and vital to winning.  This course is daunting at first and expect the computers to jump off to early lead but once you get to that pit and the rest of the way, the computers struggle with that area given you an opportunity.
Bowsers palace is not to hard as long as you can avoid turning to hard and bumping into walls and avoid falling in lava near the end.  I suggest slowing down near the end.

Rainbow Road:  Toughest level in the game, but Yoshis island is close.  The computer NEVER FALLS OFF on the harder modes.  This means you must almost be flawless, even at expense of speed.  Key thing is to just stay in top 3 and your work from the other 3 courses should get you through.  If is very possible to get in first if you use your items right or avoid falling.

Tough cup, but not too tough.  Use opportunities wisely and you should beat this one.
Go Vols!

« Reply #110 on: July 31, 2007, 04:00:33 PM »
Agh, triple post! :P
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #111 on: August 13, 2007, 12:41:01 PM »

:D I laughed so much...

but yeah that annoys me too. Daisy's voice. It's so annoying...

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #112 on: August 14, 2007, 09:44:48 PM »
I remember once in MK64 while vsing computers...out of nowhere, a FLYING red turtle shell comes and hits me off the cliff in Yoshi Valley. I was cracking up for at least 5 minutes.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #113 on: August 15, 2007, 04:28:11 PM »
"cracking up" in laughter or "cracking up" going insane?
OH, NO! There goes Tokyo! GO, GO GODZILLA!
------
Yinzers Rule!

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #114 on: August 16, 2007, 05:29:50 PM »
When your in first place, someone shoots a blue shell, so you let someone pass you, hoping that it will hit the kart in first place, and it hits you, even though your in second place. Thats happened to me many times.
"it's always the present"

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #115 on: August 16, 2007, 06:22:51 PM »
Actually, It'll hit whoever was in 1st place when it was fired.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #116 on: August 17, 2007, 08:32:26 AM »
"cracking up" in laughter or "cracking up" going insane?

Cracking up in laughter.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #117 on: August 31, 2007, 05:37:40 PM »
Uhhh...That comic Isn't about Mario Kart...Even so it is FUNNY!!

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #118 on: September 23, 2007, 06:49:43 PM »
In MK64 on Warios Stadium sometimes I would pin out just for using very ligt turns.

« Reply #119 on: July 05, 2008, 06:42:33 AM »
I hate it when I get bombarded with shells, banana peals, spiked shells, etc. constantly.
"Floor ice cream gives you health!" - Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising.

Print