Print

Author Topic: Most ANNOYING Moments in Mario Kart Games  (Read 34377 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #90 on: March 10, 2007, 07:45:28 AM »
That was him!? I thought that was just some generic announcer's voice! There's actually three different voices in Wario's Woods.

« Reply #91 on: March 10, 2007, 05:24:49 PM »
I always just assumed it was him, since the voice only talked after getting combos, or on the results screen, after beating a rival (in any mode where you're playing against somebody).
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Jman

• Score
« Reply #92 on: March 12, 2007, 12:02:08 AM »
When you have no coins in Super Mario Kart, and the other cars can push you around like a scrawny little 50 lb. kid trying to fight a 150 pound bully.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #93 on: July 02, 2007, 10:06:06 PM »
I am surprised none of you mentioned battles against other humans. I really hate when a lost green shell comes out of nowhere to hurt you (3 Extra frustration points if it was your own shell). Another one is when you get hit just after inflating your balloon again and again, going from 5 to 1 balloons instantly without anything to do.

I discovered a glitch that lets you hit an invulnerable opponent with mushroom, killing him without a chance if he/she only had 2 balloons (unless they predict you doing the glitch and move, but that means they will be running around with just one balloon, and that is not safe). My friends don't do it often, but it is not hard to know how someone feels after being glitched.

Another thing I find annoying is when someone stays in the second floor in Pipe Plaza shooting red shells. But when you successfully hit them with a bomb, it is priceless... "[wtd]WERDATVOMBCOMFROM???'!" Good times. In that same stage, we usually put bananas in the exact spot you would fall after taking the pipe, making them unavoidable traps. It is quite annoying falling on them, mainly because it could be avoided by paying attention to the touch screen.

The last one I can think about is when something penetrates your triple shell shield. Not like destroying one one attacking in that spot, I mean literally squeezing in the space there naturally is between two shells.
Don't use real life to avoid videogames, it is not healthy to escape from problems.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #94 on: July 02, 2007, 10:31:28 PM »
I was going to say that my step-dad screwed me over while I was doing MK:DD 150cc All-Cup Tour Rainbow Road, but it seems that I already did. So instead I'll just say that beating my boyfriend's time trial record on MKDS Luigi's Mansion was rather annoying. Things would go just fine until a powerslide malfunctions or a tree just goes out of its way to block me or some other crap. I swear those trees are random sometimes.

Yeah. I did beat it. My boyfriend and I usually are rivals, but I can not allow Mario to have the record on Luigi's track!
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #95 on: July 03, 2007, 03:20:45 PM »
I can not allow Mario to have the record on Luigi's track!

Ahh, another person that does the same thing I do (I'm sure others do it too, but this is the first I've heard): Making a character tops on his or her track in time trials.

Essentially, that means that Toad gets several tracks in my game, since he doesn't have a track of his own (though, I have never bothered to make Yoshi tops on Yoshi Falls or GCN Yoshi Circuit. I just don't care much for Yoshi..)

Daisy and Peach can share tracks,  but I've made Daisy tops on the GBA Sky Garden, just because I think she would like the track. Don't ask me why I ever thought that, the truth is I don't remember why I thought it..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #96 on: July 04, 2007, 05:30:48 PM »
Daisy and Peach can share tracks,  but I've made Daisy tops on the GBA Sky Garden, just because I think she would like the track. Don't ask me why I ever thought that, the truth is I don't remember why I thought it..

I think Sky Garden belongs to Luigi, because you can see a Luigi blimp somewhere there.
Don't use real life to avoid videogames, it is not healthy to escape from problems.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #97 on: July 04, 2007, 06:36:56 PM »
ALL your tracks are belong to Yoshi, man. Daisy deserves NOTHING for cheating.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #98 on: July 05, 2007, 07:31:28 PM »
I think Sky Garden belongs to Luigi, because you can see a Luigi blimp somewhere there.

Oh, yeah! I completely forgot about the blimp!

ALL your tracks are belong to Yoshi, man. Daisy deserves NOTHING for cheating.

Meh.. I never cared much about Yoshi, but how does Daisy cheat? Distracting us by yelling "Hi, I'm Daisy!" every five seconds?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #99 on: July 05, 2007, 08:37:24 PM »
That and she has one advantage no other character does--that eye.
It's YOUR problem!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #100 on: July 05, 2007, 09:30:54 PM »
Except her hair is covering it. She'd have to have a bald spot to gain any advantage from the eye.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #101 on: July 05, 2007, 10:34:15 PM »
You forget, she'd be able to see through that side of the 3-D model that makes her hair, if there's not another part to obscure what that eye can see. Even if that's not the case she's obviously an x-ray-enabled freak demon from space.
To be on topic, any moment involving Daisy.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 10:35:52 PM by Bird Person »
It's YOUR problem!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #102 on: July 05, 2007, 11:00:54 PM »
Is Daisy really that annoying?  Okay, I admit, she can get annoying.  I played Wi-fi on MKDS a while ago, and on the character select, one person kept clicking on Daisy, so we'd all keep hearing that "YEEEHOOO!" or whatever she yells when you first click on her.  Just be glad you weren't me when that happened, BP. :)
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #103 on: July 09, 2007, 08:48:29 AM »
My most anoying moment was on mario circut. I had just crossed the bridge in 1st when suddenly Wario and Diddy Kong ram my car into a pirrahna plant (now in 3rd place)  next i tried to reverse away  and Toadette knoks me into the other plant with her super mushroom (now in 4th) and suddenly a few cars pass by  (now in 6th)  Waluigis bob-omb blows me back onto the bridge  and Bowser + king boo knok me into the pirrahna plant. i hate those flowers.

« Reply #104 on: July 25, 2007, 12:34:06 AM »
Is Daisy really that annoying?  Okay, I admit, she can get annoying.  I played Wi-fi on MKDS a while ago, and on the character select, one person kept clicking on Daisy, so we'd all keep hearing that "YEEEHOOO!" or whatever she yells when you first click on her.  Just be glad you weren't me when that happened, BP. :)
I do that all the time! And Daisy isn't annoying at all in mkds, compared to her MKDD self.

Print