Poll

Who should win second place for Dynamic Duo?

Chupperson Weird & TEM
Sapphira & Watoad
Print

Author Topic: Winter 2006 ADVANCED Poster Awards  (Read 33359 times)

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #105 on: January 21, 2007, 07:16:31 PM »
Voting is closed. You'll have to wait for next year.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #106 on: January 21, 2007, 11:40:18 PM »
...Which is when they'll announce the results for this year! I can't wait.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #107 on: January 22, 2007, 06:07:54 AM »
Well, if you're curious enough, you could count the votes yourself.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #108 on: January 23, 2007, 07:07:14 PM »
Patience is a virtue, my friend. I recently experienced a death of someone to whom I was very close. I have been busy with that. I promise that we will have the results up soon.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #109 on: February 03, 2007, 01:48:56 PM »
I would just like to say that you are all winners, TMK.  And I apologize that I have to announce that I won.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #110 on: February 03, 2007, 07:57:23 PM »
Yipee. *throws streamers.*
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #111 on: February 04, 2007, 09:31:01 AM »
Well, wait...so that means no gladitorial deathmatch to determine the ultimate winner? Aw, but I made my own costume and everything!
every

kirbyman

• Tourette's
« Reply #112 on: February 06, 2007, 08:25:12 AM »
Patience is a virtue, my friend. I recently experienced a death of someone to whom I was very close. I have been busy with that. I promise that we will have the results up soon.

That's Really sad... ;*(

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #113 on: February 07, 2007, 06:22:32 PM »
Hark! I have returned from my slumber. The awards are nearly complete. I am just waiting on several more award images, and I will be amending this post with the winners within the next few days!
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #114 on: February 08, 2007, 06:44:38 AM »
The awards will have images? I asked Sapph about that once and she suggested that there might not be any this year.

« Reply #115 on: February 09, 2007, 04:24:24 PM »
Hehe, I remember printing out my Funniest Poster award and hanging it on my door.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #116 on: February 09, 2007, 10:05:15 PM »
Welcome everyone to the Winter 2006 ADVANCED Poster Awards Final Round. 2006 was quite a year indeed. The forums experienced a great growth, while discussions became as deep as ever.  With so many categories this year, the awards are sure to please everyone! So without delay, I present to you all your choices for the Winter 2006 ADVANCED Poster Awards. Again, I do apologize for the delay in the awards. But enough about me… Now for the awards!

THE CEREMONY [/b]

-Poster of the Year-
Each and every year there are those posters that just happen to shine. This year is no exception. While there were many candidates in the running two, simply took the cake. During the entire course of the voting, the voting was neck-and-neck, but eventually, one of the guys pulled through to earn the coveted poster of the year award…

And, coming in a close second is…

-Best Moderator/Admin-
It seems that everything just falls into place here at the good ol’ Fungi Forums but there is a lot of hard work and energy that needs to be put into the forums. The Moderators and Admins definitely know how to handle most every situation. Among the best this year were…

But also, who could forget our runner-up!

-Best Regular-
Now we come to one of the coolest awards, because it does not go to somebody in a position of power. This just happens to be just your regular “run of the mill” poster. But this guy just has that extra something that makes him a joy to be around….

This was a close one, so here is the second most regular person… erm… runner-up…

-Best Newbie-
Most of the time, when somebody thinks of the word noob, they think of an 8-year-old child who is absolutely crazy and has absolutely no self-control. While this is typically a good description, this year’s candidates were nothing of that sort. They displayed a great amount of maturity and added greatly to the forum’s atmosphere throughout the entire year…

Even though there was sone winner, another poster was good enough to merit the runner-up spot…

-Topic of the Year- 
Hundreds of topics are created each year. There are always a few that just stick out. They generate some great conversations, and stand the test of time. Some are just amazingly silly. Either way, the winners of this category have proven to be your favorites…

This award was also a very close second. I love both topics equally, actually >_<

-Post of the Year-
Out of the THOUSANDS of posts made in a year, people will often nominate one or two that were just so excellent that they could be the potential “posts of the year.” We had several of such this year. You have all voted, and now lets see what the results for this one are… 

TEM should get another award for coming in first and second…

-Best Signature-
This year, the sigs were a little different. They changed with time, and old posts would contain new sigs. That didn’t stop you all from voting for sigs this year, as they have proven to be among the best on Fungi Forum history. Hmm... Thought provoking.

And I didn’t think it got much better than Push Button… Receive Bacon…

-Best Custom Title-
The latest craze on the Fungi Forums brought much controversy to the community this year. No matter how you slice them though, Custom Titles are among the most amusing elements on any forum. Some of these titles, however, were too good to pass up…

Wow, sometimes these things are very funny. This is one of those times.

-Most Amiable-
Had a bad day? This poster is sure to cheer you up! It’s always good to have that certain someone in any group of people who is just an all-around nice person. Though most of us have never met in real life, the most amiable posters allow their friendly personalities shine through their posts…

I suppose that if you were ever in a bad mood though, the runner-up in this category could also cheer you up a bit…

-Most Average-
Perhaps I gave a poor definition in the beginning of the Awards back in December. These members DO strive for excellence. They just blend in so well, their excellence is often overlooked…

I guess that you could call this person below average, but only the second most below average than anyone!

-Cleverest-
It takes clever posts to keep the forums somewhat interesting around here, and we have a few creative geniuses floating around here…

I would like to think that this guy also has a few tricks up his sleeve. Always a cheer to be around.  And to think that he left for a little bit.

-Blast from the Past- 
Surprisingly 2006 witnessed some of the most unexpected comebacks in Forum History. Who would have known that members who seemed long gone would come back in 2006…

But, 2006 being the year of surprises, we also had another person who was so utterly shocking in his re-appearance that he must be mentioned as the runner-up…

-Most Missed-
Though 2006 showed a great growth in the forum “population,” some people just couldn’t quite stick around for various reasons. They will be missed greatly, but who knows? This year’s most missed might become next year’s Blast form the Past…

Let me tell you, this was the hardest one to score. Both people had such an impact on the community, that it was hard to let each of them go!

-Wisest and Most Mature- 
Wow. These guys are smart. We don’t go to school together. We don’t see each other very often (if at all). Somehow, though, we can pick the smartest sheep from the rest of the flock. I happen to believe that the voters sure hit the nail on the head again this year…

I’m definitely not surprised about the runner-up!

-Social Butterfly-
It seems as if there is always that one person that’s got to have the last word in any conversation. They talk to anyone around, no matter who it is. They hold no grudges and are among the easiest going people around. We have several people like that here at TMK’s Fungi Forums…

Talking Excellent Man…

-Most Improved-
The Byronic hero comes down to us from the 19th century poet, Lord Byron. In a nut shell, this hero overcomes some sort of difficulty to be able to become a hero. While maybe not “heroes” in the true sense of the word, the most improved posters overcame some of their difficulties to become much, much better posters…

From the Prolific Talker to the runner up in the most improved category…

-Most Helpful-
Isn’t it the worst when you can’t figure something out, and you have no one to help you? Good thing that on the Fungi Forums, someone is always willing to lend a helping hand…

If I were trapped on a desert island, and I needed someone to make an invention to get me off, this would be the guy…

-Funniest-
So two guys walk into a bar, and they fall down. Hahahh… No, but seriously folks, there is this one guy and he happens to be really funny…

The Egg Man “cracks” me up…

-Dynamic Duo-
This was by far the most stressful award to do. Obviously there are some good friendships here, and a lot of similarities between so many of the members.

Well this was arguably the hardest vote to decide. We actually had to have a poll for this one. Grargh… I hope the results are worth it though! I think TEM deserves a bonus award for being in both.

-WTD Award-
Some people are very easy to understand. Some people are very straightforward. Some people aren’t. They aren’t at all…

I don’t have anything witty to say that is odd or will make you go WTD. Alas, the runner-up…

-Deezer Award-
We all know that this awesome community could not go on if it were not for the man behind the madness, Deezer. Putting hours upon hours of hard work into TMK, he constantly strives to make this site one of the best on the net!

Again, a special thanks to you all for your patience, and especially to Sapphira who was really the backbone of this year’s awards. I definitely wouldn’t have been able to do this without her. I think this year’s results were fantastic (although super delayed). I look forward to the awards again next year, and I hope that YOU might be the next Poster of the Year!
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #117 on: February 09, 2007, 10:41:25 PM »
These certificates are awesome Koop! I love that they have sprites from games to show which catergory it is (I got a Fawful on mine!!) I can't believe I got an award already, I haven't even be here for a year. You two did a great job!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #118 on: February 09, 2007, 10:49:13 PM »
Congrats everyone!!! (and thanks for the votes!) I knew I should have asked you all to capitalize the "P"s in my username before this XD.  Let's hope that 2007 is as great a year as 2006 was!

Thanks Sapph and Koop! A great job well done!

A great thanks to all of the moderators here! You're all very much appreciated! This place wouldn't be the same without you all...or BirdPerson...or any of our members for the matter, so a shout-out to ALL of you!

Deezer got his own award. How charming! I must go...change my signature.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 10:51:32 PM by pt_peach »
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #119 on: February 09, 2007, 11:05:30 PM »
Yeah, I gotta' go change my sig too! *runs off*
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Print