Poll

When you have the chance to wake later than normally, what do you do?

Stay up later and sleep just as much as always.
6 (30%)
Go to sleep at the same time as usual and get more sleep.
3 (15%)
I sleep and wake at normal times, and spend the extra time in the morning doing other stuff.
2 (10%)
I don't even have a steady sleep schedule in the first place!
9 (45%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Print

Author Topic: Sleep irregularities  (Read 2954 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« on: October 30, 2007, 01:38:34 AM »
The weekend, liberation from daylight savings time, etc... there are times you are allowed more time in the morning to do whatever before having to become active. How do you take advantage of this luxury? (I know some of us don't go to bed and wake at any particular times, so there's option 4)

I'm an option one kind of guy myself. I get roughly six hours of sleep every night and I'm used to it. If nothing external wakes me up, I'll get up at noon regardless of when I went to bed, so in theory I would stay up until six in the morning on weekends... but I'm tired by one or two.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 07:13:55 AM »
I guess I lean towards the first one, though unless I'm having a party or something to keep me awake, I don't cope well with staying up just 'cause.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 07:42:28 AM »
I think it's a mix of the second and third choices for me. I try to go to bed at midnight and wake at 9AM, but it seems more like I fall asleep at 1AM and wake at 8AM. It's pretty annoying and it's even worse when I wake up in the middle of the night.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 10:28:36 AM »
I usually stay up till 12:00 or 1:00 and get up around 10:30 everyday, since I'm homeschooled. So there's really no option that fits me.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 10:51:59 AM by Rao »
What's your problem, Cambodian?

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2007, 12:38:17 PM »
On my lovely weekends at WSU, I go to sleep later, AND get more sleep. So I end up eating breakfast at 2:00 PM.

Never in my life have I felt so lazy. Or so good.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2007, 01:18:17 PM »
I picked the last option.  There have been times on weeknights where I don't get to sleep till 2 or 3 AM and I have to get up at 6 or 7 for my classes.  On weekends I go to bed when I get really tired then sleep in for as long as I need.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2007, 06:56:20 PM »
It really doesn't matter how much sleep I get. I always feel sleepy/tired throughout the day.

Though generally, I don't stay up any longer than 12am and I don't stay in bed past 8am.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2007, 08:42:52 PM »
I usually go to bed at 12:00 or 1:00 and get up at 8:00 no matter what.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2007, 10:40:31 PM »
School week: Bed at 10:30pm-1:30am... sometimes as late as 3:30 or 4:00 (only if i have those crazy nights where I can't sleep.)
                    Wake up at 7:00am for school, get out at noon because I'm smart haha... I have half a credit till I'm done with senior year!

Weekend: Bed whenever, unless I'm out with buddies or my girlfriend, I try and get to bed kinda early, so I can get up early.
                I like waking up very early so I can get a lot of crap done before noon and have the rest of the day to fool around.

I HATED back then when I couldn't sleep till 5 AM or even till the next morning (only getting about 30 minutes of sleep before I had to get up for school). Then with that bad sleeping deal I'd wake up at frickin' 3pm or 4pm normally, sometimes almost 6PM. I was nocturnal.. it sucked.

Yeah, it's 11:33PM in central Texas right now.. I need to be in the sack.
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2007, 10:58:43 PM »
Recently I've been going to sleep around pretty much the same time every day, around 2-4 AM. I try to go to bed earlier in that period Monday and Wednesday nights, so I wouldn't have to be tired when I drive to my 11 AM class in college (I like lots of sleep). Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays are a nice breath of fresh air for me, the former two days because the only class I have that day is at 3:30 PM and ends at 4:45, and the latter day because I have no classes on Fridays. As you can see, though, I don't mind having a class at that time, because the going to school before 7 AM thing was tiring for me.

Though I do like to get up in time to watch The Price is Right those three days. Tuesdays and Thursdays, I video tape it and watch it when I get home.

Saturdays and Sundays I sleep in, recently until around 2:30 PM.

Honestly? I still feel like I'm on Summer vacation. Except it's not hot anymore. =)
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2007, 07:16:13 AM »
Weekends, it doesn't matter, because I'll sleep for about nine hours anyway. When I have school the next day, it sometimes gets really odd (I stayed up until 4 AM Monday morning; I fell asleep at about 10 last night).

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2007, 11:54:29 PM »
I don't even go to sleep on a regular schedule, even though I leave the house everyday at 8:00 (Monday through Thursday) and at 7:30 on Fridays. I can't go to sleep at a regulated time. It's impossible.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2007, 07:57:55 AM »
-
« Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 12:21:20 PM by Yoshikév »

Print