Print

Author Topic: Pi Day  (Read 11316 times)

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« on: March 14, 2008, 03:04:26 PM »
If you don't know what it is, look here.

Did you do any celebrating? I nearly completely forgot about it, since last year I had to do some stupid diorama in algebra class for it.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 03:09:34 PM »
Oh, right! Pi day! I forgot, too. I was planning on wearing this Pi T-shirt I've got; I'll go change into it right now, lest my geek level drop.
every

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 04:21:03 PM »
Good ol' Pi Day. The only celebrating I do is acknowledging it when it comes around.
What's your problem, Cambodian?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 07:17:29 PM »
And I had, for dessert, PIE!
Regards, Uncle Dolan

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 07:33:28 PM »
Pie sounds good right about now, but all I have is yogurt. Oh well.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 08:16:03 PM »
I'm salivating right now at the thought of some apple or key lime pie.
Bowser and Bowser Jr: best villains EVER.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2008, 08:50:02 PM »
Look what I found. All the words correspond with the digits of pi.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2008, 09:09:28 PM »
I love Key lime pie!  In fact, that was the kind of pie I had for dessert! =D
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2008, 09:17:37 PM »
Ooooohh, my math class had a Pi Day snackfest!!! We all brought in round things to eat. I brought some of those white fudge chunky Chips Ahoy that I love so much and this one girl brought in two homemade cheesecakes! Though one guy snuck off with the dutch apple pi... ("pi/pie" pun totally intended) OOH AND DONUTS. And more cookies! *salivates at the mere memory*
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2008, 09:24:51 PM »
I also love key lime pie. However, it's no good if you don't make it with key limes.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2008, 10:17:36 PM »
I also ate pie, but I would have had it even if it weren't 3.14.

My high school used to celebrate it big time. All the guys in physics would make pi day shirts and the math teachers would try to sneak pi into the lesson somehow.

I went out with my buddies and one of them brought it up, some old memories came back. We joked that we missed the time of 1:59, which would have made it a bit more accurate (3.14159).

BTW: My pie was chocolate cream pie.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2008, 10:26:40 PM »
My Algebra 2 teacher actually has her students bring in pies/drinks/stuff to eat them this day every year. Conveniently, I didn't have breakfast, and a slice of pumpkin and a slice of Oreo pie were just dandy.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2008, 11:25:59 PM »
What's your problem, Cambodian?

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2008, 12:49:14 AM »
I realized it was Pi Day only this evening when I signed and dated my 1040.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2008, 08:24:41 AM »
We didn't do anything for it in my Number Theory class. We did, however discuss the continuum hypothesis, which I guess has to do with Pi, because the irrationals are a larger infinity than the naturals.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Print