Print

Author Topic: Pokemon Topic  (Read 369216 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #975 on: July 12, 2013, 06:33:19 PM »
I love Swirlix.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #976 on: July 13, 2013, 11:26:37 AM »
Me too; definitely getting X. My brother will be getting Y, so we'll trade the exclusives when we catch them.
I'm a horrible person.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #977 on: July 14, 2013, 05:43:43 PM »

For wegetable
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #978 on: July 14, 2013, 05:49:47 PM »
I'LL TAKE TEN
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #979 on: August 20, 2013, 08:32:41 AM »

oh my god fighting game

oh my god this is like the exact degree of realism i've always wished to see in a pokémon game and oh my ggggggggg
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #980 on: August 20, 2013, 09:56:38 AM »
^ That can't be real....can it?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #981 on: August 20, 2013, 10:20:37 AM »
Does it look fake?

We don't know for sure what it is, but it was in Pokémon Game Show and "Siliconera recently checked on trademarks and found out that 'Pokkén Fighters' and 'Pokkén Tournament' have been filed by The Pokémon Company in the US." Pokkén was filed in Japan as well.

That's good enough for me.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #982 on: August 20, 2013, 10:52:23 AM »
"Featuring eight playable Pokemon!"

« Reply #983 on: August 20, 2013, 11:06:53 AM »
Cool! I don't have much experience with fighters that aren't SSB, but this might change that.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #984 on: August 20, 2013, 11:09:43 AM »
"Featuring eight playable Pokemon!"
Including all your favorites: Bidoof, Remoraid, Pelipper, Burmy, Cherrim, Surskit, Ledian, and Mewtwo.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #985 on: August 20, 2013, 11:15:48 AM »
QUICK, EDIT THAT BEFORE BLACK MAGE GETS HERE

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #986 on: August 20, 2013, 11:26:12 AM »
I hope players will go into this without any dumb personal ultimatums--"I won't play this if [such and such] doesn't make the roster," "How did [blank] get in over [variable]," etc. My favorites are generally cutesy or goofy-looking before tough and badass, and I can accept that while literally anything is viable, they probably won't be in... some people will hit the jackpot. It happens once in a while. But everyone should go into it ready to make new best friends, so to speak.

Which I think is what people who are gen 1-# purists don't do with the main games.
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #987 on: August 20, 2013, 07:24:07 PM »
So... it's real, then! Well, whatever, I'm excited.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #988 on: September 04, 2013, 12:58:58 AM »
A Pokémon fighting game; I would've never expected that! Hopefully it turns out well.

As for X and Y, I'm not completely sold on them yet until I see more gameplay and how they utilize the 3D world to do things they couldn't with 2D.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #989 on: September 04, 2013, 03:13:00 PM »
You get a Gen 1 starter at the beginning of the game and their final forms have mega evolutions now.

The transference system from 5 to 6 is a cloud storage thing that costs a subscription fee to use. Part of its purpose is to crack down on illegal and hacked pokémon. Hope Game Freak doesn't make any mistakes with the more obscure reaches of pokémon learnsets, from FRLG tutors and events and such... technically any gen 4 or earlier pokémon can learn a moveset consisting of any combination of gen 4 moves, a gen 5 move, plus any gen 5 move they can learn legitimately, from the Mimic Glitch. But of course that won't be accounted for.

I'm only disappointed at how much attention past generations are getting, again. I think gen 5's strongest point was how recklessly it left everything behind. Almost everything got new toys in the form of hidden abilities, but as far as hype went, it was all new. Not that the new gen 6 pokémon are disappointing me. It's just the opposite. I want to see more of them, and not evolutions and pre-evolutions of old ones. A new pokémon was seen in a screenshot today but it looks very much like a pre-evolved form of Absol... Other than that it's been all about mega evolutions, and so far none of them have been given to gen 5 or 6 pokémon.

So, I'm not going to be using the gen 1 starter, myself. I'm really super-tired of Kanto to the point that even using one of the starters again is more retread of it than I need.
It's YOUR problem!

Print