Print

Author Topic: Mario movie concept  (Read 5582 times)

« on: October 17, 2005, 05:30:13 PM »
For a while now I've been creating a story based on the game Yoshi's Island that would connect tons of things with the Mario universe. A war by Bowser's father and Mario's father. And some Dinosaur Land locals.

I want you all to take this VERY seriously. If I'm ever as lucky I might be able to make this a 3D animation movie. I've drawn most of it out in comic form.
This is not just another fan fic. I'm making this for anyone that's wondered what the Mushroom World was like before Mario was born.

It’s the graphic and dramatic story about Bowser’s father, and how he tried to enslave Dinosaur Land. It tells about the Power Stars and the story behind the Mario Bros movie and warps and everything else you can think of. Many good theories and ideas have gone into this. Most of these ideas have come from the site in my signature.

If anyone wishes to help or if you have any questions or comments, or shoot the breeze feel free to contact me at yoshimastar@hotmail.com

Remember, this is going to be a huge event in Mario Bros history. I don’t want any Mario Bros. and Yoshi fan to not see this.
Senior Mariology professor

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 07:33:13 PM »

I'm not sure what to say....

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2005, 07:56:44 PM »
 It could be an interesting read.

I say, if you have some stuff to post, go for it. There'll definitely be interested people here.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2005, 08:42:33 PM »
I certainly would be interested to see what you have.

“Of all the people I know, it is expected that Watoad will say ‘cheese’ first.”
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2005, 10:27:06 PM »
Don't worry this ain't like anything you've ever seen. Now, all I need is your opinions on content. Submit some opinions and they might be noted. I don't need to know what you think the movie should be about. I'm still looking for full time helpers though.

This is what I don't want:
-gore, excessive blood ect.
-dead Yoshi's
-elemental based charecters
-impossibly skilled anime like moves
-Yoshi's not being treated like equals i.e. treated like pets
-Yoshi's not speaking english since they do
-guns
-love affairs
-the idea of clones

Would you guys be okay with these if the above rules applied?:
-swords
-arrows
-blade based weapons
-crying, angry, dramatic stuff
-deaths but with no blood or gore
-detailed game references
-cheap martial arts
-baby Bowser being smarter than he is in the game
And several other things I forgot.

THIS IS NO PLOTLESS GORE FEST CHEAP RIP OFF OF ROTMK.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2005, 12:51:31 AM »
No elemental creatures? So Lava Bubbles (aka Podoboos), Embers, and Boos are out?

Corn is no place for a mighty warrior!
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2005, 12:54:00 AM »
Not to mention Mario and Luigi's hand powers...

I''''ve noticed something amongst some people''''s signatures- they''''re not always perfektt.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2005, 03:36:41 PM »
I like those powers.

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2005, 06:42:50 PM »
How can you have detailed game references if this fan film takes place before Yoshi's Island? It wouldn't make sense.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2005, 07:24:32 PM »
How is a boo an elemental?
This film looks cool. If you make it, I'll watch it.

"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2005, 08:37:00 PM »
I hardly call Boos "ghosts," mind "elementals."

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2005, 08:45:29 PM »
I mean elemental in the sense of things that have control over wind or fire you know, bionical, stuff like that.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2005, 10:27:46 PM »
Lava Bubbles have control over fire.
Boos, I don't know... When I said "Podoboos" I thought of Boos, and they turn invisible... I don't know.

Corn is no place for a mighty warrior!

Edited by - Bird Person on 10/18/2005 9:31:48 PM
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2005, 07:21:38 PM »
Are there any enemies in the water?

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2005, 09:07:09 AM »
Cheep-Cheeps, Banzai Bill, Water Piranha Plants, need I go on?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2005, 01:01:34 PM »
Sounds cool.  But also probably something that would never happen just because... it would never happen.  I guess I'm a bit pessimistic when it comes to Mario movies or cartoons.  They have happened in the past and most aren't really too great (at least not the movie as far as accuracy goes).  But you never know.  Who knew that one movie would come from the game?

Could you email me your comics or maybe show them to me somehow?  I'm kind of interested in this (especially if it's as clean as the video games are :D)

(E I):o{D___(--I I):o(D___(o 8(= P)___(= (:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2005, 09:21:58 AM »
Please tell me you have a team of people helping you or else this won't end well.

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2005, 09:39:39 AM »
Not always when you have a team, things work well, like somthing I saw on Mario Fan Games Galaxy, two people make a Yoshi game with Games Factory or somthing, and it turns out you can almost fly forever! But thier were plenty more mistakes where that came from .........

Edited by - bigmariofan1.0 on 10/21/2005 8:40:41 AM
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2005, 03:23:07 PM »
If you're trying to make an animated cartoon or film a team is essential. 2 people do not make a team. 1 person could make a pilot but it would be short, cheap to produce and very sloppy. Yoshimaster is trying to make an animated fan film which would require a group.

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2005, 08:26:12 PM »
I'm trying with either flash or just drawn comics.
I don't have an official team so I'm looking for volunteers. I'll say when I need help though I'm way in the begining process.

I have these not so related comics about Kameks vision about the Mario Bros. which I might show this year but meh.

Edited by - YoshiMastar on 10/22/2005 6:56:31 PM

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2005, 11:27:20 AM »
Yeah, if anybody is intrested you can contact me...

Print