Print

Author Topic: Harry Potter 4 (don't click if you haven't seen it!!!)  (Read 2474 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« on: November 19, 2005, 12:58:45 AM »
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire chat!
I saw it today. It followed the book a lot more than the 3rd movie did. It also had WAY better acting. But the Quidditch World Cup at the beginning was too short. (I guess they had to make it short since it ended up being 3 hours long anyway.) It's hard to give spoilers if the book's been out for 5 or 6 years now.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

TMS

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2005, 03:51:10 AM »
I watched it today.

I wasn't too impressed though. I thought the "Important" scenes were cut short and the more "Tedious" scenes were spread out.
Try finding a witty comment in this sentence....

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2005, 11:54:02 PM »
Only one post and over 12 peeks. Read the subject first.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2005, 01:13:27 AM »
GOD!! It was sweet :D I mean, man, it was the best one out so far, the acting the graphics and how well it followed the book.

I actually know someone who refuses to read the books b/c they're too lazy and hate reading. hehe. . .but I've already read all of them that are out.

I took Screech to see this movie recently, he told me that it was pretty good, but I'll let him post if he feels the need. :)

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2005, 01:24:00 AM »
All I heard was Hermione's S.P.E.W. subplot was cut and I danced for joy. Now let's just see how they handle Order of the Phonix and The Half Blood Prince.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2005, 09:47:16 AM »
I saw the movie the night Bird Person posted this topic, I didn't even know it was out yet. The movie was good, it ties in to the changes that happened in the third really well, I don't read the books much because I don't want it to spoil the movies, but every time one of these comes out I really like the newer one, now I don't admire the first as much as the rest.
I'm a horrible person.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2005, 10:35:31 AM »
It was good. I especially liked the graveyard scene at the end, that was cool. Oh, and I laughed at all the scenes with that one midget music director. HA!
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2005, 10:38:04 PM »
Least favorite of the ones released.  It made some scenes drag on (The first task), and left important sub-plots out (the Weasly Twins, making joke stuff, and Hagrid being a Giant).  They really rushed a lot of things, and it wasn't as long as the others.  They likely could have made it about 3 hours, put in some important parts, cut down on the dragon and maybe the ball, and it would have been much better, in my opinion.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2005, 02:43:05 AM »
The night I made the topic was right after I got home from seeing the movie, which was opening night. My sister commented on how everyone knew what was going to happen; because the only people who go on opening night are the people who actually read the book.

Least favorite of the ones released?! Did you see the third movie? It didn't even follow the previous movies, let alone the book! Where'd that hill that Hagrid's house was at the bottom of suddenly appear from? Why's the Whomping Willow so much more viny? Was Harry supposed to be crying when he overheard the conversation about Sirius Black? The Goblet of Fire was not bad at all.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2005, 02:48:52 AM by Bird Person »
It's YOUR problem!

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2005, 02:12:00 PM »
Yay! I saw it last night! It was sweet. They shouldn't have cut 99.99999% of the Quidditch World Cup. That stunk. The movie was still awesome, though. That's just it. Awesome. Period.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2005, 12:37:36 AM »
I saw it and liked it.  It seemed that they made some things more thrilling, like the first task of the triwizard tournament.  They did leave out a lot, like Charlie and Bill, Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes, most of the Quidditch World Cup and third task and the whole house elf thing.  Out of all the moives so far, I like the third one better, as far as telling the book's story accurately.  But the four book was longer, so it was probably harder.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Print