Print

Author Topic: Goriest Game  (Read 12796 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« on: February 21, 2006, 12:18:08 PM »
Over the years, there have been plenty of games that rely on shock value more than anything else. The game quality really has no factor. In my opinion, F.E.A.R. had the most gore in recent years, and the game itself was good. For instance, you could blow off an enemy's arm, then slow down time and shoot it again while it's airborne, then shoot the enemy in the head. What game do you think has the most gore?
every

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 04:02:35 PM »
Mortal Kombat is comletely focused on gore. I hate games that have gore...

Some friendly advice: You shouldn't get into too much detail, because it might be against the rules.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 06:17:44 PM »
Swearing is against the rules, but I'm not sure mildly describing gory scenes is. But I wouldn't go into too much detail anyway.
every

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 06:23:57 PM »
Hmmm....this is a tough one. Resident Evil is somewhat gory, but it's not the worst I've ever seen. Mortal Combat is pretty bad too. I just dunno.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2006, 06:29:53 PM »
Don't forget Kill Thrill! The whole game was completely focused on shock value, so much so that it was never even released. This means that quite a few stages involved commiting lewd acts with a midget on stilts and/or dismembering a French maid. It was never released on account of most people have good taste, or something resembling thereof.
every

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2006, 08:37:41 PM »
:D :D :D
Lewd acts with a midget on stilts?!?!?!? What kind of a game would have something as ridiculous as that?

* MaxVance faints from laughing so much
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2006, 10:12:30 AM »
Don't forget Kill Thrill! The whole game was completely focused on shock value, so much so that it was never even released. This means that quite a few stages involved commiting lewd acts with a midget on stilts and/or dismembering a French maid. It was never released on account of most people have good taste, or something resembling thereof.

Holy crap....I've got to find this game.

The only gory game that comes to mind right now is Mortal Kombat, which is a pretty good fighting game though the continues additions of more and more random people is getting annoying.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2006, 06:12:54 PM »
It wasn't released, Mr. Wiggles.

I'll go with Postal 2 for gory game award or whatever.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2006, 06:42:41 PM »
Considering how insane it sounds, I'd be suprised if Kill Thrill was even in development. Was it really?
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2006, 06:49:01 PM »
There's some game out for PS2, I think it's called Nanobreaker. It's so gory, in order to avoid the ESRB, they call the blood "oil."

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2006, 02:26:25 PM »
Yeah, Nanobreaker was the goriest game ever for PS2, though the blood was called "oil" (though it was red) because it came from "robots" (who looked like living things). Wimps. If you call blood oil due to the excessive amounts of it and the game STILL gets an M rating, then you should tone it down a bit.
And yes, Kill Thrill was actually in development, and the engine was later used to make Wu Tang: Shaolin Style, also for the PlayStation. The legacy of crap lives on.
every

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2006, 06:51:23 PM »
This is a tough question, but I'll go with Killer 7. You actually use the blood from enemies as power-ups.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2006, 09:38:20 AM »
Well, that was stylized blood...and besides, Killer 7 is so freaking wierd that, for all we know, "blood" could mean "health drink" or something like that. Regardless, Killer 7 gave me nightmares. It's just so...wierd.
every

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2006, 11:44:06 AM »
Turok scared me when I was a lil bop, like between 8-10.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2006, 01:03:07 PM »
The second-to-last level in Turok (right after the T-Rex and right before the final boss) with the bodies hanging everywhere made me stream warm urine down my pants when I was a wee (hehe) lad. And now that I'm older, I realize that it has a psycholigal scariness, too - There's a ton of guns and health all around for you to pick up, which more than clues you in to the fact that there's a tough-as-nails boss fight at the end...I haven't yet beaten that stinking Campaigner...
every

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2006, 03:28:12 PM »
Well I'm gonna say the goriest CARTOON is Billy & Mandy.
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2006, 03:29:27 PM »
Yes, but that's not a game.

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2006, 03:30:09 PM »
Just sayin'!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2006, 03:32:08 PM »
Well, you could just say it here.

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2006, 03:43:52 PM »
It's gonna have a game which probably isn't going to be AS gory.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2006, 03:46:15 PM »
It's going to have a game? Do you have a source to back this up?

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2006, 04:09:31 PM »
I searched Billy and Mandy on my Insight Broadband and found OFFICAIL PROOF that there is going to be a game right here
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 04:12:41 PM by coolkid »

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2006, 04:53:00 PM »
It doesn't matter if there'll be a game of it. The cartoon itself isn't even that gory. (You obviously haven't seen the stuff on Adult Swim.)

By the way, you seem to be on a bumping spree. Anyone else notice?

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2006, 04:55:53 PM »
Their is barely any "New Topics" that are intresting but at least none of my bumps are from the last page.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2006, 05:00:08 PM »
If there arn't enough new topics, try making one! :D

It could be fun, but you need a certain amount of posts.

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2006, 05:01:04 PM »
They end up closed or they die down.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2006, 05:04:53 PM »
And bumping a topic that's already died down is any better? I f a topic dies down, it usually means it not worht posting in anymore. Making a new topic is probably better.

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2006, 05:05:49 PM »
I was talking about what happens to my topics and they do that rather quickly........

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2006, 06:02:46 PM »
Well, I'd say that this topic died rather GORILY. Har! And that it RESPAWNED! Haha! Anyway, now that more games have come out by now, I'd say Dead Rising is probably the goriest game out right now.
every

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2006, 08:06:09 PM »
Is that game any fun? Game Informer gave it a 9.25.

Well, it's not like I can play it anyway. It's for the darn XBOX360!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2006, 08:45:45 AM »
Hey, Dead Rising's practically THE reason to buy a 360! I mean, it's hard, and repetitive, but still a classic.
every

« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2006, 03:39:13 PM »
Goriest game? Well, with the right MODs, Call of Duty 2 is the goriest game ever made. I know, I've owned some mods that make the game extra-bloody. I got shot, and blood just spurted everywhere. About 250 units of blood.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2006, 08:42:43 AM »
The goriest game (and possibly the only gorey sp? game) I've ever played was Resident Evil 4.  I don't think it would be the goriest out there, though, cause the gore didn't really bother me.  Just grossed me out a little.  In fact, I found it kind of funny when  a vilager's head would explode.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2006, 03:46:20 PM »
What amuses me greatly is that the U.S. version of RE4 is actually the uncut edition, with the decapitations. In the Japanese version, getting attacked by a chainsaw guy will slice off part of your head (sounds gory, but it isn't) instead of taking it clean off in a realistic manner, and there are no exploding heads to speak of. An interesting case of reverse-censorship there.
every

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2006, 11:50:30 PM »
I was at a friend's house in fifth grade and he was playing this game where you shot people, I think it was called Golden Eye. Looked pretty bloody to me.

I hate shooter games period.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2006, 12:16:52 PM »
I was at a friend's house in fifth grade and he was playing this game where you shot people, I think it was called Golden Eye. Looked pretty bloody to me.

I hate shooter games period.

There's no blood in Goldeneye. I checked.

PS: The game is based on the James Bond movie of the same name and was critically acclaimed for redefining the first-person shooter.

« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2006, 04:19:36 PM »
Alien vs. Predator 2 for PC is a VERY gory game.  When you start off as an alien, you actually have to eat your way out of this guy's stomach.
I only watch [adult swim]

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2006, 04:55:26 PM »
*pukes*

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2006, 04:54:31 PM »
I played AVP 2, and the part where you burst out of the guy isn't playable; and you don't eat your way out, you sort of burst out...you know, like in the Alien movies. Of course, the sequence was pretty gory, but I like to go into pointless detail like that.

Of course, if Thrill Kill were to have come out, it would've been the goriest, what with the lewd acts with midgets on stilts, etc. I just love bringing up Thrill Kill; it's very weird, even to me.
every

« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2006, 05:55:05 PM »
There is one part in Metal Gear Solid that is kinda gory: Grey Fox is now a cyborg ninja thing, and with his sword and stealth skills, cuts through a whole line of spooked soliders. Blood just went everywhere.

In MGS2, a character named Vamp did the same thing, although instead of cutting one soilder in half (Grey Fox did this), he slits his throat. Blood went everywhere.

In MGS3, there is a secret in the game, starring some dude with hook swords. In the "game," you just.............cut up zombies. Blood is everywhere............Again.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 06:52:59 PM by PaperLuigi »

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2006, 06:03:45 PM »
Oh yes the "cutting dudes in half" scene. I remember that one...

« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2006, 08:29:47 PM »
Dude, now I want to play Metal Gear so bad. I'll see you guys later.

« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2006, 06:09:42 PM »
Wolfenstein 3D is the goriest game! At least, ESRB seems to think so, giving it a M rating, haha.

« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2006, 06:36:28 PM »
I played AVP 2, and the part where you burst out of the guy isn't playable; and you don't eat your way out, you sort of burst out...you know, like in the Alien movies. Of course, the sequence was pretty gory, but I like to go into pointless detail like that.

Of course, if Thrill Kill were to have come out, it would've been the goriest, what with the lewd acts with midgets on stilts, etc. I just love bringing up Thrill Kill; it's very weird, even to me.

Ummm, I wonder how many versions they made of AVP2, because the one I played you did get to play while you were in his stomach.
I only watch [adult swim]

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2006, 07:06:23 PM »
Wolfenstein 3D is the goriest game! At least, ESRB seems to think so, giving it a M rating, haha.
Uh, there are a lot of M games.

« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2006, 10:47:08 PM »
*laughs*

The point is Wolf3D has got less gory graphics then games like Doom 3 yet they rate it M for mature, haha. It's like Mario jumping goombas being rated T for teen. I was making a exaggeriated remark. Why is everyone is uptight around here? LOL
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 10:57:28 PM by Lava89 »

« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2006, 12:37:52 PM »
There's no blood in Goldeneye. I checked.

PS: The game is based on the James Bond movie of the same name and was critically acclaimed for redefining the first-person shooter.
If you mean GoldenEye 007, that did look like it had some blood in it. I played it at my friend's house not too long ago. (Yes, I do have friends. >:O) If there was blood, though, it MIGHT have only showed it coming down on someone's screen when they got shot in multiplayer (I only played multiplayer, so I don't know about single-player). I'm not positive it was blood, however.
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2006, 04:14:29 PM »
That's the only time blood is ever shown in the game. When a player dies and the red stuff comes down the screen. It probably isn't supposed to be blood, more likely a fancy fade-out.

« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2006, 09:14:15 PM »
A fancy fade out based on blood, yes.

Goldeneye 007 had no blood. It was rated T.
Perfect Dark had blood. It was rated M.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2006, 07:18:42 AM »
Ummm, I wonder how many versions they made of AVP2, because the one I played you did get to play while you were in his stomach.

Hmm...now that I think of it, I do remember PLAYING that sequence with my friend's version a few years ago, but when I fot my own copy a month later, all I did was WATCH that sequence. Did I get some sort of weird censored version?
every

Sqrt2

« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2006, 02:18:55 AM »
If you mean GoldenEye 007, that did look like it had some blood in it. I played it at my friend's house not too long ago. (Yes, I do have friends. >:O) If there was blood, though, it MIGHT have only showed it coming down on someone's screen when they got shot in multiplayer (I only played multiplayer, so I don't know about single-player). I'm not positive it was blood, however.

When you shoot the soldiers part of their uniform turns red so yeah there is blood in the game.

As for my Goriest game, I'm torn between RE4 and Turok 2 (especially if I use the cerebral bore against an enemy).
AA fanboy and proud!

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2006, 08:10:42 PM »
I'd have to go with RE4 as the goriest game I've played. Even I was shocked by the gore (enspecially when the Leatherface wanna-be saws off Leon's head), though I've played the MK games (though the gore in those games is made at a lighter tone).
Professional Paisano here

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2006, 08:36:12 AM »
I forgot about Turok 2. With the possible exception of Soldier of Fortune 2, it's the goriest game ever. But then there's Half-Life (you should see the over-the-top blood splatters on enemies)
every

« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2006, 04:44:28 PM »
Metal Gear Solid isn't particulary gory, but blood does go all over the place. It kinda adds dramatic effect!

« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2006, 01:55:50 PM »
I'm thinking of a particular scene in The Twin Snakes that was very, very gory.

Soldier of Fortune 2 is 80x gorier than Half-Life.

« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2006, 06:11:04 PM »
The Gray Fox scene where he cuts that one guy in half? That's about as gory as it gets.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2006, 03:06:55 PM »
He didn't just cut a guy in half! He cut a basketball-sized hole in a guy and a whole bunch of gory things. SPOILER The scene where Raven was eaten was pretty gory too
RE4 was very gory too, and MK is just silly. You can't call that "lifelike blood and gore". Same goes for Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. Bloodrayne looks pretty gory too, and Killer 7 is very gory.

« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2006, 06:25:21 PM »
That one part where he had the genome soilder impaled was funny. "W-wha? A-a ghost?" If that's all you can say before you're about to die, then you deserve to get kicked to the wall. *blood goes everywhere.*

« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2006, 06:32:04 PM »
I'd give the title "Goriest Game" to the Mortal Kombat games.

More specifically, Shaolin Monks. Although I think this game is completely awesome, there is (as always) way too much blood.
Alas! I have returned. (3/22/07)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2006, 05:23:54 PM »
Well, even though SOF does feature graphic decapitations and dismemberment, the amount of actual blood (the red stuff) is surprisingly small. Of course, the gore (assorted nasty stuff like dismemberment and guts) is fairly common.
every

Print