Print

Author Topic: Wouldn't a new 2D Mario game be fascinating?  (Read 2294 times)

« on: October 10, 2003, 06:30:37 PM »
We've been having alot of ports of classic Mario games and I think it's wonderful in a way that it brings the magic to those who missed it the first time...But...I feel like we're missing a real oppurtunity. The GBA is basically a handheld SNES, and that means it can be a portal back to the glory days of 16 bit Gaming. A second coming, so to speak.

I think it'd be great to see Miyamoto and his crew came swinging in with a new 2d Mario game. Maybe it'd be Super Mario Brothers 4, maybe it'd be Super Mario World 3...But whatever it would be called, I'd certainly like to see it. If this game were to exist, what would you like to see in it?

I really liked how there were secret paths and secret worlds in Super Mario World 2, so I'd definetely like to see some sort of overworld system although that's probably a given for platform games by now. Another idea I've been toying with is a Mega Mushroom-one that makes Mario taller than his regular size. 'Twould be amusing to see.

Tell me, tell me! What is your vision for the next 2d Mario game?

~~~~~
Kweeh! Kweeh! Yes, Kweeh forever!
Kweeh! Kweeh! Yes, Kweeh forever!

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2003, 06:37:50 PM »
A game where each characater has its own missions and storys. ex. Mario Luigi Yoshi Toad ect. Sorta like SMB 2 but more...

Should I put something here?

Edited by - Super Yoshi 7175 on 10/10/2003 5:38:42 PM

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2003, 06:58:34 PM »
Or they could call it Mario and Luigi.

If you don''t have anything nice to say, make sure you have something heavy to throw.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2003, 08:30:51 PM »
That's an RPG. This is talking platform.

Hmm... I'd like to see maybe more playable characters... Not only Mario, Luigi, Peach and Toad, but perhaps Wario or Waluigi... Heck, if Peach can do it, why not Daisy? And Wooster!
Each would have different ways of playing, and you'd have to figure out which character was best for each level. That would be pretty cool. And perhaps some 2D versions of familiar 3D locales.
That was a joke.

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2003, 02:37:40 PM »
I'd like to see a Mario and Yoshi tag-team type game, sort of like the tag-teams in the DKC games.  You could choose between Mario being in control and having Yoshi follow him, or have Mario ride Yoshi who will be in control.  Mario would have his usual powerups, abilities, and items (perhaps even the suits from SMB3), and Yoshi would have his abilities and items from Yoshi's Island.  There would be areas, objectives, items, etc. that could only be obtained/completed if you were a particular player.  You would need to switch often in order to get 100% in the game, and also to finish certain levels and beat certain bosses (particlarly later in the game).  This game would be lengthy, innovative, diverse, and at the same difficulty level as the NES/SNES Mario games (not short, easy, and half-a**ed like Yoshi's Story).  Koji Kondo should do the music.  And for 2-player mode, the second player's tag-team would be Luigi and a red Yoshi.

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2003, 04:53:51 PM »
Super Mario World: Double Dash?

I’m not stupid, I’m LD.

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2003, 06:03:53 PM »
It'd have to be in a Super Mario bros 3 format. Exact same way it's layed out, of course, all new levels and everything. Over 101 levels. Many many items and power-ups. Fun and weird bosses for every world. Cut-Scenes with speech(well, text boxes). And a really <fun> plot.  
No, really, I did get SMA4 six days early.

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2003, 07:27:32 PM »
I would like any new Mario game as long as it has fun bosses like Bowser Part 2 in SMW2

Print