Print

Author Topic: Mario Galaxy on DS?!  (Read 16944 times)

Kojinka

• Bruised
« on: December 13, 2007, 08:46:48 PM »
I found this video when I was looking for Mario Galaxy footage to redub.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3FVLyzmNAI
I don't know how real this is.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 09:06:52 PM »
I'm sure someone on the site can elaborate. It's an awesome video nonetheless.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 09:12:07 PM »
Looks like a movie someone made and played on their DS.
That was a joke.

Linkin800

• Choppy words and a sloppy flow
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 09:14:45 PM »
If only it was true.... Maybe it is! Would be an awsome idea if they did that wouldent it?
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2007, 09:22:27 PM »
I'm pretty sure that DS is fake. During one of the scenes, the stylus whips around the screen rather quickly... and it shows MOST of the stylus, and there wasn't a hand anywhere near it.

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2007, 09:26:24 PM »
I really doubt they'll put SMG on the DS. SM64 is easy to see, but Galaxy...it just seems too illogical, to have one of Mario's biggest games ever on the Wii and then not but a few months later slam it down on the DS. It's a good video, but only a video.

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2007, 09:29:35 PM »
The luigi model is too off.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2007, 09:29:55 PM »
That's what I would have said on the comments had the comments not been disabled
I really doubt they'll put SMG on the DS. SM64 is easy to see, but Galaxy...it just seems too illogical, to have one of Mario's biggest games ever on the Wii and then not but a few months later slam it down on the DS. It's a good video, but only a video.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2007, 09:39:58 PM »
I must admit that the graphics appear quite primitive towards the end. The man must have done some work to make it look more convincing, though it would have been better had he not shown the Wii footage at the beginning.

Wiiario

• Has seen Kirby naked
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2007, 10:19:06 PM »
It does look VERY convincing. My theory is that it's from Everybody's Nintendo Channel in Japan, and all this guy did is record it. That would make sense with the fake stylus, Nintendo usually does that. He MAY have edited it, with the math thing. But you have got to admit, if someone had made that as a joke I'd doubt we'd see it this soon. That would have taken a LOT of time and resources. Do you think we should contact Nintendo about this? We'd probably get an automated message, but still.
I really don't care much for logic.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2007, 10:27:06 PM »
My theory is that it's from Everybody's Nintendo Channel in Japan, and all this guy did is record it.
It's not.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2007, 10:39:00 PM »
Looks like just a very well-done hoax.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Wiiario

• Has seen Kirby naked
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2007, 10:45:23 PM »
Darn. I can't help but feel that's it's real. Another thing, did anyone notice that one of the areas shown before the "golden DS" was from the first beta of the game? Those hills were from Yoshi's island to. How in Hell did that guy make that??! You know what kind of programming and hacking skill it would take to make that? And the fact such small time between Galaxy's release and this movie? Less than a month! Their is NO way he could beat the game, come up with the idea, hack the game, build new models from scratch, build DS models and a playable engine of the game on the DS and get that video up and running. If he did make it, which a lot of people seem to think that and yeah, he could of made it but in such a small amount of time? I... DON'T... THINK SO.

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2007, 10:51:04 PM »
It isn't real. It's a hoax. No one said it was going to be easy, Neo.

Wiiario

• Has seen Kirby naked
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2007, 11:10:53 PM »
What does leave me weird is that he disabled comments. I've only seen people do that in hoaxs, well the videos I've seen anyway. It is a hoax probably but I don't want to believe it!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2007, 01:00:29 AM »
YouTube comments are a waste of time anyway.

Well, it wasn't a terrible creation. Or idea. Handhelds do work better for cooperative modes like this. If it were a separate game, would I buy it? Unlikely, unless for some reason the DS is still around by the time Galaxy is ripe enough for a 64 DS-style remake.

But this guy went through so much unnecessary trouble. He could've just copied models from Super Mario 64 DS...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2007, 07:16:48 PM »
That is really interesting. I'd kill to see who made that.

It also reminds me of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cbdJeE-x6E
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 07:18:42 PM by Shyguy92 »
"it's always the present"

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2007, 12:56:11 AM »
Who said anyone had to hack the game to make a movie with similar (not even found in the game, I guess?) models? I haven't seen the whole video yet.
That was a joke.

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2007, 08:04:13 AM »
It's fake. The Wii part was clearly off (though I applaud the effort) and the DS graphics looked like N64 graphics. I'm not sure they'd be so quick as to release Mario Galaxy DS this early.

*wants to play on the beta level
KOOLO LIMPA!!!

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2007, 10:02:07 AM »
YouTube comments are a waste of time anyway.

Every comment I see in a YouTube video is either a derogatory insult or a loud obscenity.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2007, 11:48:26 AM »
Every comment I see in a YouTube video is either a derogatory insult or a loud obscenity.
Nah, I've read a few praises and compliments. (although I love the spam comments that are completely random and have nothing to do with the movie whatsoever.  Some of them are actually pretty funny)
Regards, Uncle Dolan

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2007, 05:13:06 PM »
Nah. Even "watch Friends" is better than "read YouTube comments."
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2007, 08:17:46 PM »
Why hasn't this been linked to yet?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2007, 11:38:04 PM by Suffix »
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2007, 10:41:43 PM »
They forgot the "FREEPRONWHATEVER.COM" spam from the random bots.

Still great, though.
-Your friendly neighborhood potato.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2007, 11:30:29 PM »

Still great, though.
I like how they said Louis instead of Neil(sp?)  XD
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2007, 10:02:06 AM »
Yeah it looks cool, but the DS isn't powerful enough to have Super Mario Galaxy on it, unless the graphics are worse and the game is smaller. I don't believe that it's real; Nintendo wouldn't make one on the DS 1 month after its release.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2007, 07:53:38 PM »
Maybe Nintendo's been working on it for a while?
If it is a hoax, then it's one of the best, if not the best, I've ever seen.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2007, 08:08:58 PM »
Yeah it looks cool, but the DS isn't powerful enough to have Super Mario Galaxy on it, unless the graphics are worse and the game is smaller.
Nah, they'd just replace half the Galaxies with screen-rubbinb minigames.

« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2007, 11:12:42 PM »
I thought it could be, but 10 Wii Points for each DS star is destroys it's credibility.
Hey, wazzap? It's the Phred-guy! Isn't that nifty?

Wiiario

• Has seen Kirby naked
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2007, 03:27:57 PM »
Not true. From the "trailer" we saw a DS download play icon on screen before the DS version is shown. That implies that it was a DS download play software which could not hold 121 stars. So I'd say if it were real, it would only be about enough stars for like 100 Wii points and that you'd only be able to get them once. To bads it's fake. :-(
Someguy must have A LOT of free time on his hands though.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2007, 11:31:00 PM »
This just in... it's made by the guy who made that video of the "Nintendo On" (Google it). He's an digital art student, or something... I've seen vids of his before, and it makes sense--just like his work.

« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2007, 09:02:34 AM »
I hope its not a hoax. That would be sweet to have on the ds.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2007, 11:49:56 AM »
It is.
That was a joke.

« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2007, 04:06:18 PM »
Its fake.

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2007, 04:12:06 PM »
If the NDS can have Super Mario 64 DS, it MIGHT have a Super Mario Galaxy DS on it. Though it is VERY unlikely! 
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2007, 04:44:16 PM »
If we ain't gettin' Super Mario Sunshine DS, chances are we ain't gettin' Super Mario Galaxy DS.
KOOLO LIMPA!!!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2007, 05:42:53 PM »
For the last time, this is a hoax!
That was a joke.

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2007, 07:24:53 PM »
Some people don't read the whole thread.

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2007, 08:10:58 PM »
If the NDS can have Super Mario 64 DS, it MIGHT have a Super Mario Galaxy DS on it. Though it is VERY unlikely! 
Yeah, with some modifications, they could easily put it on the DS if they wanted to, but they won't.
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2007, 05:14:12 PM »
It's obviously fake. Just look at the graphics. They're not DS material.

« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2007, 07:14:49 PM »
It does look VERY convincing. My theory is that it's from Everybody's Nintendo Channel in Japan, and all this guy did is record it.

Really, it doesn't look very convincing. I'd hate to think there are people that actually believe this is real.

Wiiario

• Has seen Kirby naked
« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2007, 10:46:52 PM »
Eh, we all know it's fake but some of us (me) don't like to accept reality. There were some spots that were impressive.

« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2007, 12:47:21 AM »
I like how people just REFUSE to believe it's fake.

Let it go, guys.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2007, 08:38:37 AM »
Why does anybody think this even makes sense, anyway? The graphics are too good, SMG on the Wii just came out, and even Nintendo knows 3-D sphere-running would suck with the D-pad. Besides, Nintendo never does multi-platform releases, anyway (Twilight Princess and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon technicalities aside).

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2007, 06:32:28 PM »
I like how people just REFUSE to believe it's fake.

Uh...

we all know it's fake
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2007, 09:58:56 PM »
but some of us (me) don't like to accept reality.

Uh...
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2007, 11:03:59 AM »
I want everybody to know, I don't believe it will come to DS, but I do think there is a slight possibility.
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2007, 11:32:42 AM »
LOL

« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2007, 11:39:40 AM »
No, there isn't. Mario Galaxy will never come to DS; it's already on a 7th-generation system, and it wasn't planned for multi-console release. There is no point in putting it on DS.
KOOLO LIMPA!!!

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2007, 06:45:42 PM »
This reminds me of another time when I had high hopes for something else...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMi8NZeEHts&feature=related

"Tis a shame that this game didn't get developed... Of course for those people that hate that game... Well w/e

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2007, 09:30:34 PM »
Oh yeah, I remember that. Maybe we'll see that in the future, but who knows.

dżamper

• You forgot Poland!
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2007, 10:11:12 AM »
When I was watching this video first time, I was think'd it's true  :D
Yoshi's broken English!     Lesson 1: All your base are belong to us!     Lesson 2: Please would paper chuck in wastebin Thank you!

« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2008, 02:50:43 PM »
Mario Galaxy will never be put on the DS. Mario Sunshine would be a good DS game, but Nintendo will never do it.
One Ring to rule them all. One Ring to find them. One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2008, 03:03:04 PM »
I'd think I'd see Sunshine on the sequel to the DS and Galaxy on the DS' sequels' sequel, in keeping with Nintendo's current pattern:

GB: DK94, remake of Donkey Kong and first Mario arcade game
GBC: SMBDX, remake of Super Mario Bros and first original Mario NES game
GBA: SMA2, remake of Super Mario World and first Mario SNES game
NDS: SM64DS, remake of Super Mario 64 and first Mario N64 game

Therefore, logic follows that Sunshine's sequel would be on the DS' sequel, and that Galaxy would follow, assuming the pattern continues. To be truly honest, I can't see Galaxy coming out on a portable console for many more years to come.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2008, 10:45:10 PM »
I'm sure it's fake. The characters look weird, and the controls would be too complicated.
It's-a Me, Wii-Player

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2008, 12:07:38 AM »
...Where have you been?

« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2008, 07:37:17 AM »
ㅤ ㅤ
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 02:29:53 PM by Mr.Toadsworth »

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2008, 12:44:52 PM »

Still great, though.

DON'T READ THIS
On Sepruary 41th, a 14-year-old girl name Mahnmae Bathineo was killed by a knife 47 times. Repost this to 20 videos or you will be haunted by her Boo.

Well, now that that's out of the way, I can say that Pablo Belmonte's animation is still impressive, but, as always, he loses some credibility whenever text appears on the screen. The 10 Wii Points per DS Star thing is the equivalent of the "the new PBM-KHAN circuit is really near neaaar neeaaar buildings" from the F-Zero one.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2008, 02:57:22 AM »
The first part of the video looks authentic.  It looks like footage of unseen levels in Mario Galaxy (either that, or this guy is REALLY good at computer graphics). The second part of the footage could be real, athough I don't know how this guy could make the"game footage" of the DS version in less than one month after the Wii game was released.

Very impressive though. Amazing, to say the least.
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Print