Print

Author Topic: The greatest video game trailer ever!  (Read 6063 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2009, 05:55:46 PM »
So is it an RTS or is it about dancing? I can't tell.
That was a joke.

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2009, 08:41:41 PM »
The game is indeed an RTS, and a godawful one at that.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2009, 09:00:25 PM »
Really? Felt like turn-based strategy to me, as choppy as it was.

Here's some other people talking about how bad it is. I agree with a lot of what they say, but here are some highlights from when I tried the game if you don't want to read those excellent articles for some reason:

- As already mentioned, incredibly choppy. Part of this is my computer, but I've heard from other people with better computers about the same problems.

- Horrible stuff going on with the difficulty level. There are long-range units that can destroy tanks in one hit - on the first level.

- No creating more units, and no reinforcement system to deal with this like I've seen in some RTS games. From what I played, you start a level with some units, and that's what you've got. No revivification, either (as seen in some games with no unit creation or reinforcement system and even some with one or the other or both of those).

- Hard to tell what's going on. Regardless of the level of zoom, humans and the little Martian guys that look sort of like Pikmin are kind of hard to see. Also, there's no way to change the resolution.

- No multiplayer. This is almost certainly a good thing in this case, but developers should know by now that multiplayer is almost necessary for the genre (to the point where some games don't even ship with single-player components).

Godawful indeed.

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2009, 02:06:18 PM »
Err, what I meant by RTS turn-based strategy. Oh yes.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Print