Print

Author Topic: Nintendo Fall 2007 Conference brings new Mario game details  (Read 7005 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: October 10, 2007, 01:00:06 PM »
Nintendo's Fall 2007 Conference dropped a few surprises on Mario fans. First, they announced Dr. Mario & Saikin Bokumetsu, a new WiiWare title that is a remake of the original Dr. Mario, complete with an updated look, Mii interaction, and Wi-Fi play. Next, they shared some new details on Mario Kart Wii. The game will introduce motorcycles to the series and come packaged with the Wii Steering Wheel when it releases in Spring of 2008. After this, Super Smash Bros. Brawl was shown, where Sonic was announced as a playable character. Unfortunately, the game was delayed until January 24, 2008 for Japan, and it is unconfirmed as of now what the new American release date will be. Finally, a new Mario baseball game was announced entitled Super Mario Stadium Baseball

TMK will be updating with official screen shots as they become available. For the press releases, head on over to our blog!

Link: Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Press Release, Super Smash Bros Brawl Press Release (TMKBlog)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 10:59:23 PM by Deezer »
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 03:28:32 PM »
Unfortunately, the game was delayed until January 24, 2008 for Japan, and it is unconfirmed as of now what the new American release date will be.
I was wondering if anyone noticed that. Sakurai is a sneaky one, slipping in a delay next to an update like today's.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 05:14:01 PM »
Whoah, how'd I not know this was happening?

WiiWare Dr. Mario: Sounds fine to me, but I'd like a little more than old, short games with face-lifts and Wi-Fi--that's what the DS is for (zing!).

Motorcycles in Mario Kart: Trying to man up, eh, Nintendo? How ironic... the series that invented the kart genre is now implementing these. Oh, well.

Sonic in Brawl: I'd rather he wasn't, but what can ya do.

Possible Brawl delay: *Holds up razorblade* Don't make me do it...

New Mario Baseball: One wasn't enough? Zero wasn't enough?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 05:39:01 PM »
Possible Brawl delay: *Holds up razorblade* Don't make me do it...
You'd rather an unpolished Brawl with too much wasted potential than wait even a couple more months?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2007, 08:53:55 PM »
I hate Mario Superstar Baseball...so...much. Even hearing the word "baseball" drives me nuts.

And actually, I seem to recall Waluigi's extra kart in MKDS looked like a chopper. Or am I mistaken?
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2007, 04:18:41 PM »
You'd rather an unpolished Brawl with too much wasted potential than wait even a couple more months?
No, I'd rather they don't tell us the release date until they're ABSOLUTIVELY sure it'll be ready by then. They'd better put in Geno and 50 stages to make up for this.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2007, 04:50:03 PM »
I hate Mario Superstar Baseball...so...much. Even hearing the word "baseball" drives me nuts.

And actually, I seem to recall Waluigi's extra kart in MKDS looked like a chopper. Or am I mistaken?

I don't care much for MSB either (Where's my Toad?!), and you're right about Waluigi's extra kart (the Zipper it was called, I believe.)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2007, 05:11:27 PM »
No, I'd rather they don't tell us the release date until they're ABSOLUTIVELY sure it'll be ready by then.
Hmmm... you've got a point there. But I don't like the whining. It's childish.
At least it's still coming before my birthday! I wouldn't want my traditional at-home party to suck...

Edit: I don't know how I feel about motorcycles in Mario Kart, but I'm still going to buy it. I don't HAVE to use them.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 05:13:40 PM by Bird Person »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Sqrt2

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2007, 06:40:14 AM »
No, I'd rather they don't tell us the release date until they're ABSOLUTIVELY sure it'll be ready by then. They'd better put in Geno and 50 stages to make up for this.

It looks like someone's going to be disappointed come Feburary/March next year then.
AA fanboy and proud!

Print