Print

Author Topic: NSMB Mario vs Luigi.  (Read 8309 times)

« on: July 08, 2008, 06:45:20 PM »
Well, I love this minigame. It is fun and intense. I think it is one of the best multiplayer games ever. This also applies to the Mario Advance fight minigame. I wish there were updated versions with WiFi.

Talk about your experiences with this games. And if you haven't played them, then I strongly recommend you to do it.
Don't use real life to avoid videogames, it is not healthy to escape from problems.

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 08:39:59 PM »
I highly disagree. While it is decently fun, it is no where near the multiplayer of even...*gasp*...Mario Party. But it does get a star for creativity.

*Pun intended.

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 08:46:55 PM »
I love it, and wish there were more games that would do some kind of multiplayer like this.

I just wish there were slightly more variety in the scenery. By the time you've played all five (is it five?) arenas, you have at least two that are your favorites and at least one you never want to play again. The other two are just there and you will likely play them if your friend picks them.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 05:49:14 AM »
And it also needs to give out mega mushrooms and starmen neutrally instead of to the loser... although it is fun to steal a mega mushroom by jumping in between them and it.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 10:36:33 PM »
It's fun and all, but to be honest I've had more fun with the multiplayer in Super Mario 64 DS.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 10:40:15 PM »
I don't have anyone to play it with.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2008, 11:37:00 PM »
You don't have any friends that own the game? Sorry to hear that, but the multiplayer here isn't that great. You're not missing much.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2008, 05:09:55 AM »
It's fun and all, but to be honest I've had more fun with the multiplayer in Super Mario 64 DS.
The SM64DS multiplayer could have been far better had it not been so restricted in its modes. As it is, it just feels that the multiplayer was rushed out so the game could meet the DS launch. NSMB's multiplayer was better, mainly since it felt like it had some work put into it.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2008, 06:51:34 AM »
The SM64DS multiplayer could have been far better had it not been so restricted in its modes. As it is, it just feels that the multiplayer was rushed out so the game could meet the DS launch. NSMB's multiplayer was better, mainly since it felt like it had some work put into it.

+1.  I liked the variety of the stages, but I hated that only the player that was losing by about 5 stars could get a mega mushroom, which I already mentioned.

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2008, 10:58:00 AM »
I haven't played multiplayer NSMB... I feel sad all of the sudden.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2008, 12:16:57 PM »
It was okay, but it gets kind of old. It'd be better if it had wifi, though I'd prefer a co op mode.
No image sigs? =(

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2008, 05:53:36 AM »
Mario and Luigi vs. Wario and Waluigi... that actually sounds fun, assuming the AI of the opposing team isn't unfair...

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2008, 06:50:24 AM »
Hate to be The Grinch here but man. Low standards. If I'm going to be playing a multiplayer game, give me Smash or something. Mini games like this last a few minutes before my opponent and I are totally bored and move on to something else. Of course it can be better than nothing if you're someplace you can't play a better game, but once in a while there's nothing wrong with just talking instead of gaming... even if you just end up talking about gaming.

What can I say, my heart's a dead tomato splotch with moldy purple spots.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2008, 08:34:12 PM »
Oh yeah, well my hearts a rotten banana peel with cat poop smeared all over it.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2008, 09:44:17 PM »
Let it be known once and for all that the previous two posts, when read in quick succession, are a cheap substitute for syrup of ippecac.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print