Print

Author Topic: Is shadow mario an official character now?  (Read 5468 times)

« on: October 21, 2003, 10:37:46 PM »
Hmm, i'm just wondering. I've been hearing that he is now an official mario character that has been added to the series. Not much is known about shadow mario, the only things we've known and heard is that he had an appearance in mario golf for gamecube and super mario sunshine. I've heard he might be in mario party 5 as well. Thats pretty much all we know. Shadow mario was created by bowser and he likes to cause trouble and paint places with his paint brush. He likes to get mario in trouble, and his voice sounds a big like warios or maybe more higher. What do you guys think of shadow mario, and do you think he should get a new character to the series?
"Itsa me....MARIOOO"

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2003, 10:48:51 PM »
Well, if the Koopa Kids got to be in two games, Shadow Mario (I guess) deserves equal rights.

I’m not stupid, I’m LD.

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2003, 05:40:37 AM »
The Koopa Kids have appeared in THREE games:

Super Mario Bro.s 3 (plus, the GameBoy Advance version), Super Mario World, AND Yoshi's Safari!

All of these games are ADVENTURE games...

How could Shadow Mario be counted as one of the official characters if he appeared in just one adventure game?

Besides, where are the Koopa Kids now?

By the way, are you sure it was Shadow Mario that appeared in Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour? I don't have the game, but I doubt it...

I am a pure Super Mario lover!!

...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!

I will even drawn the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2003, 12:34:03 PM »
What are you talking about? There are characters that pretty much made no debut in any super mario games. Toadette is now an official mario character, and she is in Mario Kart double dash. She will most likely be in mario party 5 as well. She's brand new, and she has never been in any other mario games before. Waluigi isn't really new, but he was just made up quickly so wario could have a partner. And shadow mario was in mario Golf for gamecube, he's a secret character. I wouldnt be suprised if Shadow mario became an official character.
"Itsa me....MARIOOO"

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2003, 02:54:22 PM »
By the way, Hope, the 7 named koopa kids also appeared in "Mario is Missing" (the PC version, anyway...I've never seen the SNES version).

I don't mind Nintendo making lots of Mario characters and making them part of the franchise quickly, but I wish they wouldn't make so many REDUNDANT characters.  For example, Baby Mario AND Mario in the same game, at the same time?!  That makes me mad.  And Shadow Mario was just Bowser Jr. (himself a somewhat redundant character) in disguise.  And the whole concept of an "antimario" is redundant anyway, because WARIO was created to be the "antimario".  Let's just hope Shadow Mario doesn't appear in a future incarnation of Super Smash Brothers.  That series has enough clone characters as it is.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2003, 03:45:00 PM »
Somebody asked where the Koopa Kids went. Well, different people make different games, so the Koopa Kids may or may not be included. Something around in that area.

Shadow Mario IS a character in MG:TT.
Never heard of this "Toadette" person. You say you have seen this "Toadette" on MK:DD? Well, if so, MEGAߥTE or David would have reported it, for they went to E3 and BOTH tested the games. So we'll see about that.

Off topic: One of my friends told me that he saw a commercial for Mario128. I think he's full of crap, actually. Now when you see this folks, don't start spreading rumors. He must give me proof before I actually start to believe it. When I get proof, which he'll never say, I will tell y'all.

the secind rurel of suces:
 Never hire uvg to be your lawyer and speak for you...
the thurd rurel of suces: Never let uvg write reviews for your site...
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2003, 03:48:24 PM »
I've been a mario fan for years, i dont need to spread rumours about anything. Whats there to spread? I, myself thinks that having a female toad seems kinda cheesy. Let me find the link to the pic and i'll show you your proof.
"Itsa me....MARIOOO"

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2003, 03:50:38 PM »
Secret characters wouldn't have been in the E3 demo veresion of Double Dash.  That is, if there are secret characters at all (I haven't heard anything, and I'd rather like to keep it that way.)  The E3 demo only had the 16 characters everybody knows about.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2003, 03:59:04 PM »
http://www.mariokartdoubledash.co.uk/finished_screens/Other%20pics/toad.jpg

Thats Toadette. Theres also a few more pics of her with toad in there kart. There secret Weapon is the golden mushroom.
"Itsa me....MARIOOO"

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2003, 11:04:03 PM »
I'd say Shadow Mario has been an "official" character since Super Mario Sunshine...
That was a joke.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2003, 11:04:32 PM »
...even if he is Bowser Jr.
That was a joke.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2003, 11:28:17 PM »
Yup.  Though it's kind of rude to bring it up around him.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2003, 09:39:47 AM »
I was wondering when someone would bring that up CW.

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2003, 10:30:37 AM »
Ok. Here's the scoop to all your questions even if they were already answered in the thread.

1. Shadow Mario may or may not be an official character now. He IS in MarioGolf: TOadstool Tour, and I own the game and unlocked him. To get him, you must complete all the ring courses in One-Player mode.

2. Shadow Mario is not his own character, and Bowser did not create him. Bowser Jr. (The latest addition to the Koopa family) simply purchased a special Paint Brush made by E. Gadd Enterprises (Or whatever his company's name is) and got a special Bandana from somewhere that can transform him inot Shadow Mario when he puts it over his face.

3. There are three classes of children of Bowser: Bowser Jr. who seems to be the most probable of the all the children and was introduced in Mario Sunshine, Koopa Kids/Baby Bowsers who are numerous and appeared in Mario Party games, and the Koopalings which were in Super Mario Bros. 3, Yoshi's Safari, Super Mario World, and Mario is Missing.

4.Toadette is not a new character. It is simply a female version of a Toad. Like Toad, it can be the actual character Toad, or simply the race of people. Toadtettes have appeared in numerous games which include Paper Mario and Super Mario RPG.

There. Now everyone stop arguing because you've been blessed by the wisdom of Meowrik this time!

------------------------------
 I am Meowrik, the 5th Samurai Pizza Cat. My trusty Jalapeno Katana along with my Chili Claws will prove my might!
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2003, 01:15:21 PM »
Meowrik answers all.

Though I don't think that baby bowsers are Bowser's actual children. But what do I know?

"Walk softly and carry a Super Scope."
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

Print