Print

Author Topic: Shouldnt Boshi be Yoshi's rival?  (Read 5267 times)

« on: October 26, 2003, 08:32:37 PM »
Well, so far some characters have there own rivals. Mario's is Wario's, Luigi's is Waluigi's, Peach's is Daisy (in some ways), and yoshi? I think it would be cool if Yoshi had his own rival.

In super mario RPG, i remember there was an evil blue Yoshi and his name was "Boshi". I always thought Boshi should be Yoshi's rival. Dont ya think so? I think they should be rivals. I also think Toad should have his own rival to. Anyways, dont you think some characters should have rivals? Like Boshi? I dont want it to go out of control with rivals, but Boshi seems like a cool rival for Yoshi.
"Itsa me....MARIOOO"

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2003, 09:32:00 PM »
1. Boshi isn't evil
2. Boshi is owned by Square, therefore he can't appear in any other Mario games.
That was a joke.

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2003, 09:33:26 PM »
I didnt really mean he was evil, but he seemed like a rival for yoshi. None the less, i still think yoshi should have his own rival.
"Itsa me....MARIOOO"

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2003, 10:03:11 PM »
Actually, according to SMB, goombas are the rivals of toads.  And Yoshis' rivals could be Rexes'

-----------------------------
Luigi likes to flirt in his backwards shirt!  Yay!
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2003, 07:22:18 PM »
I don't get how Square owns Boshi considering that he was directly based on Yoshi who is a Nintendo-only creation.  Plus, Rare gave up the rights to the DKC characters, why can't Square do the same for the SMRPG ones?  Just wondering.

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2003, 07:22:40 PM »
Boshi only seems like Yoshi's rival before he gets beaten. Then he's not such a bad thing.

Yoshi and the rest of the Yoshi clan cannot have rivals because they are always happy {or should be],

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2003, 07:27:07 PM »
I think that it's fair to say that Rexes are the rivals of Yoshis. They both have 'baby and 'adult' forms, and they have projectile attacks, also they are both repitilian in nature.

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2003, 08:11:46 PM »
I'm sorry, but I don't believe I've ever seen a "baby" Rex.
And Rexes only inhabit the one island of Yoshi's Archapelagon that is part of Dinosaur land. None of the other islands have Rexes on them.
If anything, Yoshi's rivals are Bandits. They can do anything that a yoshi can do, though the problem is the same as with Rexes. They only live on one island.

"Walk softly and carry a Super Scope."
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2003, 08:56:33 PM »
I think he might mean when you stomp on a Rex and he gets squished.
Remember, Bandits live in Dry Dry Desert too.

TanookiMallow, it's conceivable that Square could sell the SMRPG rights to Nintendo, but I don't think they want to, and Boshi is an individual character. He's not Yoshi, so they can own him.
That was a joke.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2003, 06:30:42 AM »
D'oh!

I was thinking of those big triceritops things on choco mountain.(can't remember what it's really called)Sorry, completely disreguard my last post, in which I describe a freakish mixture of the Rexes and the triceritop-things.

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2003, 10:14:18 AM »
Screech, did you know the Rexes will now come back in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga...?

TheEggMan, those dinosaurs are called Dino-Rhino, and if you want to know the small ones are called Rhino Torch! And furthermore, you find them on Chocolate Island, of course...

Chupperson Weird, I agree with you! Nintendo owns Yoshi and the yoshi theme, and if anyone creates his or her own character based on Nintendo's yoshi theme, it's never necessary that Nintendo owns those characters, but their creators do!!

As for myself... I'm not sure who does Yoshi rival; besides, yoshis are very peaceful creatures...

I am a pure Super Mario lover!!

...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!

I will even drawn the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2003, 05:29:29 PM »
yes, but some of them (at least, one)are very competetive.

"Walk softly and carry a Super Scope."
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2003, 05:53:57 PM »
I bet you theres gonna be a baby version of wario and waluigi as well. Baby Wario and Baby Waluigi...lol.

If they dont decide to make yoshi's rival a rex or Dino-Rhino, they can easily just make a regular Yoshi from Yoshi's race bad. It could be a black Yoshi thats jelous of the regular Yoshi because he has so much pride. The evil yoshi could be named Wayoshi lol.
"Itsa me....MARIOOO"

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2003, 08:45:46 PM »
Ahem. Hope, the small versions are called Dino-Torch, not Rino-Torch. Just thought I could correct you. Heh-heh. I love busting people's chops. As for oshi, like some people said on here, Boshi is a character owned by Square, so unless sold to Nintendo, he couldn't appear in any other games unless made by Square.

------------------------------
 I am Meowrik, the 5th Samurai Pizza Cat. My trusty Jalapeno Katana along with my Chili Claws will prove my might!
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2003, 10:58:51 AM »
Gee thanks, Meowrik...

I usually remember Mario stuff like hell!!
Unfortunatly, I havn't played Super Mario World in a while...

I am a pure Super Mario lover!!

...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!

I will even drawn the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

Print