Print

Author Topic: Super Mario World Special Tubular Cheat?  (Read 4316 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« on: March 24, 2005, 01:02:16 AM »
I came across the following on eegs.com:

> It seems that all of you find tubular hard....well I found a trick! As you move to the right, hold down left at the same time. You will go about 5 times faster, and you can zoom to the end on your first balloon! Cool huh?

Is this true?  If so, does it also work in the Advance version?  (Sorry, I am breaking my own rule and am too lazy to check myself.) G'nite.

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2005, 01:12:59 AM »
Well, I don't really think you can do that with a 1st party controller.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2005, 01:17:26 AM »
I think your right.  Maybe the guy is using an emulator.  Huh.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2005, 01:55:56 AM »
Kinda like the LttP Up-Down glitch.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2005, 08:01:18 PM »
I think I experienced this using ZSNES.

"Don’t look into car headlights and freeze, because you might get run over or shot."
That was a joke.

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2005, 09:21:20 AM »
You can beat tubular without using balloons at all.  Just go in with a blue yoshi, go and hit the p-switch and run and jump to the blocks, and slurp up a red koopa troopa and fly to the end...way simpler.

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2005, 10:39:55 PM »
Also, I've found a glitch that gives Mario/Luigi a VISOR-looking black thing over their eyes! It works in the Advance version, but I'm not sure about the SNES version.

1. Go to Star World 1.
2. Go to where he key is.
3. Pick the key up.
4. Walk all of the way to the right, so the key is in the wall.
5. Release the key.
6. Now, your character will look weird! You can move out of it, so it doesn't have any lasting effect, but it's cool!

It''''s funny until someone gets hurt. Then it gets hilarious!
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Print