Print

Author Topic: Bowser-"I'm too old for this."  (Read 8097 times)

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2005, 01:23:36 AM »
Oh, cool!  I didn't know that you could write your own theories!  Thanx for the editting advice too.
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2005, 08:23:00 AM »
I disagree...I think DK3 is a Mario game, why?  cuz Donkey Kong is in it!  To this day, I have no idea why TMK doesn't consider Donkey Kong a Mario character.  When Yoshi goes on his own game, that's  Mario game, as is Wario, Toad, etc.  But Donkey Kong's been around longer than any other, and yet he's bashed and not called a character.  Those DKC games are great!

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2005, 08:35:28 AM »
I just don't like how people say he's cool because "he's the biggest and strongest Mario character".  DOINK!  What about Bowser??  Liking him for other reasons is tolerable, otherwise I hate you. (just kidding ).

I like Bowser as a playable character, or would like him as one.  What was his power up in PM2 that made him bigger in those SMB-style levels?  Did he have any other powerups?

Edited by - Markio on 4/24/2005 7:36:12 AM

"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2005, 10:14:30 AM »
His power up was pieces of meat (I guess he wouldn't be the type to like mushrooms).

Personally, I wouldn't like to see Bowser get replaced. Sure he doesn't seem to get it, but his persistacne is *almost* admirable. However, I do like it when someone other than Bowser causes trouble for Mario like in M&L:SS and PM:TTYD, espcially since he shows up complaining that he was't the one to do it.

Random Anime Quote:
"Dita... let''s go!"--Hibiki Tokai. Vandread Second Stage episode 13.
Random Anime Quote: "Wiggle, Squiggle! Look, I'm a mollusk!"
--Freesia Yagyu, Jubei-Chan 2 episode 3.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2005, 11:14:34 AM »
Markio, you've never played a game with Bowser as a playable character.  You should try Mario RPG and Paper Mario 2.

(Somethings wrong with my brain this morning.  When I went to type "play", I typed "okay".  Strange.  I just noticed that my right hand must have been off the home row.  I use a natural keyboard.)

Edited by - Luigison on 4/24/2005 10:17:42 AM
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2005, 11:41:50 AM »
Yeah, i loved being Bowser in Paper MArio 2.  His fire breath was great :D I agree, Donkey Kong showed up right away with Mario (as Jumpman).  He should be in more Mario games, but where would he fit in?

What are the toads in SMS REALLY doing when Mario isn't looking?

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2005, 04:17:43 PM »
I like Bowser as an OCCASIONAL hero.
As for predictability, he's getting a little bit more creative about kidnapping her.
I've always thought that a game with Bowser as the main character should be about him rescuing his kids. Like, from Tatanga or something.

"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2005, 05:09:41 PM »
No Bowser in a Mario Game is like Eggman getting replaced in a Sonic Game (exclude Heroes).  Without them, the Series loses a lot.  Even though Bowser wasn't the main villain in PM:TTYD, We still saw him alot.

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2005, 05:29:06 PM »
Good idea Screech.  Bowser had quite a lot of kids, and I can see that being a fun game.  And yes, his tactics are getting more mysterious and fun.  I didn't even think Bowser would appear in Super Mario Sunshine.
Yeah, Eggman will always and 4ever be in Sonic Games, And hopefully the same will be for Bowser in Mario games.

"Mario!  How dare you interupt my family vacation!"

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2005, 05:32:03 PM »
Bowser was in SMS?  I never got to see it myself!  *cries and runs away, but comes back laughing because he's a lying fool!*

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.” -Atticus Finch
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2005, 06:06:57 PM »
lol.  Yeah he was behind it the whole time and just had his son do the dirty work.  The evil genius.  This made much more of a variety to the MArio games instead of the usual Bowser kidnaps her and thats that.  It makes you guess who that weird blue mario is.

"Mario!  How dare you interupt my family vacation!"

Edited by - The Blue Toad  on 4/24/2005 6:08:29 PM

« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2005, 11:20:23 PM »
"I disagree...I think DK3 is a Mario game, why? cuz Donkey Kong is in it! To this day, I have no idea why TMK doesn't consider Donkey Kong a Mario character. When Yoshi goes on his own game, that's Mario game, as is Wario, Toad, etc. But Donkey Kong's been around longer than any other, and yet he's bashed and not called a character. Those DKC games are great!"

TMK does consider DK a Mario character. They just haven't updated thier game list in ages.

As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2005, 08:56:35 AM »
You know? I think Nintendo should consider recycling the character slightly...

I mean, if the games with an antagonist called "Bowser" are getting a bit to predictable, then why not twist the plot a bit?

What if Bowser, rather than kidnapping the princess, would instead threaten to destroy her kingdom what some weapon of horror if Peach does not marry him. Kinda like the land is the hostage and the ransom is marriage.

The princess does not get kidnapped, yet Mario goes on adventure all the same, and he goes defeating Bowser, and tries to stop the monstrosity of a threat later --- somehow...

That would be cool. Maybe, something wierd might happen, and the threat gets a mind of its own!

How about on this adventure, Mario goes through several outposts which try to stop him, or at least slow him down, in which those outposts contains some bosses - say the Koopalings - where we could play a Super Mario game like we did way back during the days of either Super Mario Bros. 3 or Super Mario World!

Think about it...

I am a pure Super Mario lover!!

...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!

I will even drawn the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2005, 12:10:36 PM »
That's a great idea!  It really would give the game a cool twist.  I would most definantly play it.

I like the idea of Bowser being in love with Peach.  It gives him more of a personality rather then just having him be this mindless reptile trying to destroy everything.

If Toad is a mushroom and a mushroom is a fungus, can we say that Toad is a fungus?

« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2005, 02:14:35 PM »
Yeah, he could stil be the main enemy, but have him do something other than kidnap Peach. Or at least have one game where she doesn't get kndnapped.

Random Anime Quote:
"Dita... let''s go!"--Hibiki Tokai. Vandread Second Stage episode 13.
Random Anime Quote: "Wiggle, Squiggle! Look, I'm a mollusk!"
--Freesia Yagyu, Jubei-Chan 2 episode 3.

Print