Print

Author Topic: Nintendo Has Been Robbed!!!  (Read 4731 times)

« on: April 24, 2005, 08:43:24 AM »
You may have remembered during the 90s Nintendo had cool franchises like Conker and
FF. But the f****** B******* pair Sony convinced Square to leave Nintendo and make FF for Sony but still some are for Gameboy. Also, Microsoft took Rare and now Conker is for Xbox. What going happen next, Pokemon or Starfox?

Edited by - Aarom11 on 4/24/2005 8:23:26 AM

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2005, 09:15:36 AM »
1. Where did you get those percentages, and what do they even represent?
2. How do they combine to form your summary? Does each category have a "point value" assigned or something?
3. The heck are you trying to prove anyway? That Nintendo is the best? I'm sorry, but you just can't prove opinion.
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2005, 09:25:39 AM »
Thanks CashCrazed For telling me about what I was doing. I'm just outraged about what happened in the past to Nintendo.

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2005, 10:08:42 AM »
Well you know there are Final Fantasy games for Nintendo agian, thgouh not any new numbered ones.

Random Anime Quote:
"Dita... let''s go!"--Hibiki Tokai. Vandread Second Stage episode 13.
Random Anime Quote: "Wiggle, Squiggle! Look, I'm a mollusk!"
--Freesia Yagyu, Jubei-Chan 2 episode 3.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2005, 10:15:35 AM »
Pokemon and Star Fox aren't third-party franchises.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2005, 10:46:42 AM »
 This is ridiculous.

Nintendo and Square split because of their own differences. In fact, the real reason was a disagreement over the N64's use of the cartridge format. They packed up, and moved over to Sony's CD-format PlayStation. Quite simply, it was Nintendo's own folly, and as you probably don't know, from the time of the split, up until just before Final Fantasy Tactics Advance was released, both companies were very bitter towards one another. In fact, before they split, Square was considered one of the closest development branches to Nintendo, hence Super Mario RPG. However, aside from offering Squaresoft an alternative, Sony was relatively uninvolved, contrary to what you seem to think.

As for other series, like Conker, that's because Rare left Nintendo, and was bought by Microsoft.

You have your anger in the wrong places.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2005, 11:04:21 AM »
I'm sorry, Black Mage, but you rock. ;D ;) ~_^ >;-/

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2005, 11:21:31 AM »
Thanks Black Mage.  I didn't know why Square left after such a tight relationship on Mario RPG, but it make sense.  I think a lot of companies where upset with Nintnedo sticking to a cart system since that reduced their profits.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2005, 11:38:34 AM »
If Square made their own game system, they wouldn't get far without Nintendo.

Got Bird? -Bird Person<(^v^)>
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2005, 04:58:50 PM »
I think ol' Fox will be living in the Nintendo House forever.  No problem there.  I miss Rare though.  If they stayed with Nintendo we might have had Banjo Threeie by now. I can't stand thinking it will come out on the (Su)Xbox.

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2005, 07:05:39 PM »
Rare joined Microsoft?  Does this mean all new DK games will be on Xbox, or did Nintendo keep him?  Cuz I would jump off a bridge if I ever saw DK on Xbox...*shudders*
W/E

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2005, 11:11:36 PM »
DK is a Nintendo franchise. You do the math and you tell me.

As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2005, 12:36:10 AM »
TAV: Just before Rare left Nintendo, they sold the rights to the Kongs to Nintendo. I mean, (Correct me if I'm wrong) DK was kinda owned by Nintendo in the first place (pre-DKC), and Rare didn't sell him back... (Goes into weird, alternate future dream)

Also, Starfox Advenutres was made by Rare, but Nintendo still own Starfox. If they didn't, Nintendo would be sued by Rare for making Starfox: Assault.

Edited by - No-One on Whichever day that happens to be convenient for me at Whatever time I feel like it.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2005, 08:33:15 AM »
Where are you, The Almighty Voice? I thought you might have realised by now that there are some late Donkey Kong on the GameCube!

By the way, even though Nintendo always owned StarFox, weren't Rare the actual owners of character Krystal? I mean, Krystal was in Rare's original Dinosaur Planet game which was cancelled for the Nintendo 64!

Nintendo always owned the character Donkey Kong, but what about his remake design and all the other Kongs like Diddy? Those were created by Rare themselves!

Had Rare actually sold their copyrights for the DK remake, all those Kongs, and Krystal?

The Pokémon Company is still owned by Nintendo, right? It can't be an independent firm, can it?

I am a pure Super Mario lover!!

...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!

I will even drawn the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

Edited by - Hope(N Forever) on 4/25/2005 7:37:16 AM

I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2005, 12:29:54 PM »
They gave the rights of Diddy and the rest of the DK crew to Nintendo.

Pokémon was created by Nintendo and never went anywhere.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Print