Print

Author Topic: How many stars in SM64DS?  (Read 10460 times)

megamush

• Infinite member error
« on: June 10, 2007, 09:09:52 PM »
The instructions and on lots of websites...

But with a DS Codebreaker i found out that you can actually get 240 stars
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 10:13:24 PM »
Uh huh. There are only 150 actual stars.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 04:40:37 AM »
Where are the other 90 stars?

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 05:32:49 AM »
This is a complete and utter lie. Someone told me you can play as Princess Peach with a code breaker too.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2007, 07:44:44 AM »
i have 240 stars right now

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2007, 11:14:25 AM »
Proof? You're either lying or you've done some serious crap to the game.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2007, 11:36:40 AM »
So big deal if you hacked a counter. It doesn't mean you actually collected that many stars.

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2007, 12:49:48 PM »
You might as well hack it up to 999, if it goes that far.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2007, 02:15:00 PM »
How many did you have before cheating, huh? Cheats do not in any way make you a good player. I frown upon you.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2007, 06:23:04 PM »
You might as well hack it up to 999, if it goes that far.
255 being the maximum, unless I'm mistaken.
But yeah, with CoreBreaker you can do lots of crazy ****.

nodyarG

• Wishes he was as cool as Luigi
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2007, 09:48:19 AM »
Would you mind telling me what the heck a Codebreaker is? I've only heard of Gameshark and Action Replay. 
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2007, 10:33:48 AM »
go to http://www.cmgsccc.com/games.php?system=nds this is the ds codebreaker web site.

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2007, 06:12:01 PM »
150 there is, unless you've found a way to get 100 coins in levels were they don't even have 100 coins....but I doubt it....

nodyarG

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2007, 04:00:24 PM »
The only places where you can get 100 coins AND a star are the original 15 courses. I should know. I beat SM64DS.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2007, 09:15:15 PM »
How many did you have before cheating, huh? Cheats do not in any way make you a good player. I frown upon you.
I had 133 stars befofe cheating

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2007, 09:33:59 PM »
Well, it's got 150, fair and square (which, if you ask me, makes it a genuine contender for the best Mario game ever)
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2007, 09:35:37 PM »
This topic= Phail

Linkin800

• Choppy words and a sloppy flow
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2007, 12:55:47 AM »
Originaly they probly wanted that many stars in the game but did either of these two.

1. Rushed the game to launch with the system.

2. Couldent fit all of them into the game and just went with that many.

Im prety sure they only made it into a DS game was becuase normaly Super Mario 64 was oringinaly sopose to have 30 stages but got cut in half becuase they wanted it to be releashed with the n64. But the DS version only has 15 normal stages and about I think 10 mini stages.

Oh yes and one intresting thing I came by. A Super Mario 64 level editer called Toad's Tools 64 and inside the textures (that comes straight from the ROM) in the program there's this very strange texture. A YOSHI EGG!! Yes you got me A YOSHI EGG! It has a total of about 6 textures all that look like it's bouncing up and down.

So im thinking that originaly they were going to have it so you could ride Yoshi on one of the stages and Yoshi could eat enemys and turn them into eggs. But since the rush of the game they just made him appear at the top of the castle at the end of game.

If you dont belive me go get a ROM of the game (only if you have the game already otherwise it's illigal) and download this level editer. Just type Toad's Tools 64 and you should get the site. Oh yes you also have to download the extender thats also on the site. If you dont know how to use the program the website should say how to.

WARNING: THERE SHOULD BE NO LINKS WHAT SO EVER TO ANY ROMS IT IS VERY ILLIGAL!!! You'll have to find them yourself.
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2007, 10:44:11 AM »
there are only 150, stuff like action replay and stuff can screw up the numbers to make it look like you have more.

search all you want, but you'll only find 150 stars per profile.

Linkin800

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2007, 12:29:36 PM »
there are only 150, stuff like action replay and stuff can screw up the numbers to make it look like you have more.

search all you want, but you'll only find 150 stars per profile.

But it can also put stuff that was on the game but was never used in the game. I already know that theres only 150 becuase i beat the game with out a action replay infact i dont even have one at all. Im just saying that originaly they could of had that many but dident for some reason. But they could have ended up not removing that number on the star count.
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2007, 01:40:54 PM »
Just because the counter goes up that high doesn't mean they ever intended for there to be that many stars. Counters in computers don't work like that.
That was a joke.

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2007, 02:07:20 PM »
A YOSHI EGG!! Yes you got me A YOSHI EGG! It has a total of about 6 textures all that look like it's bouncing up and down.

So im thinking that originaly they were going to have it so you could ride Yoshi on one of the stages and Yoshi could eat enemys and turn them into eggs. But since the rush of the game they just made him appear at the top of the castle at the end of game.

These?

I'm pretty sure it was originally supposed to be in the message where Yoshi said congrats for beating the game.
KOOLO LIMPA!!!

Linkin800

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2007, 02:38:50 PM »
Yah thats them. But why only have them in the congrats message?

Also Chup I said that it COULD have that many I dident say that there's sopose to be that many.

nodyarG

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2007, 11:18:52 AM »
YAY! INTERNET'S BACK UP!!!!!!

I personally don't use anything like that . . . EVER(except when I used a GameShark to give myself 2000+ Battle Points in Pokémon Emerald)! They can MAJORLY mess up your game.  I should know. I saw a video of SM64 with a GameShark being used. Everything was a mess of sections from different objects(walls with ! blocks, Mario looking like Luigi, Mario having a big fist, etc.).  The game was also lagging quite a bit and Mario's moves were so exaggerated that if he was to jump, he would go right to the top of the level.  Never use a GameShark.  You will regret it(except maybe if you need Battle Points :) )

Linkin800

« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2007, 03:14:25 PM »
YAY! INTERNET'S BACK UP!!!!!!

I personally don't use anything like that . . . EVER(except when I used a GameShark to give myself 2000+ Battle Points in Pokémon Emerald)! They can MAJORLY mess up your game.  I should know. I saw a video of SM64 with a GameShark being used. Everything was a mess of sections from different objects(walls with ! blocks, Mario looking like Luigi, Mario having a big fist, etc.).  The game was also lagging quite a bit and Mario's moves were so exaggerated that if he was to jump, he would go right to the top of the level.  Never use a GameShark.  You will regret it(except maybe if you need Battle Points :) )

This is Toad's Tools not Game Shark. It's a Super Mario 64 level editer on you're computer.

Print