Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1718512 times)

« Reply #5520 on: May 04, 2009, 11:47:35 PM »
What's the good cause?

« Reply #5521 on: May 04, 2009, 11:55:19 PM »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #5522 on: May 05, 2009, 03:24:24 AM »
I've got acute laryngitis, which is really just extremely annoying. Every time I mention it to someone who doesn't know what it is, they kind of freak out. I'm also not going to work, cause they still think I'm about to get swine flu >_>
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #5523 on: May 05, 2009, 01:41:48 PM »
How absurd that anyone wouldn't know what laryngitis is. It's rather common, isn't it? I've had laryngitis a few times in my life, one case being so severe that it damaged my voice for months afterward.

« Reply #5524 on: May 05, 2009, 06:40:56 PM »
Apparently its not very common in Los Angeles. No one that I know has had it before.

With even more angst at hand: I've got a presentation to do, cause I'm on the student forum at UCLA, and I need to be able to speak. Letting my partner do all the speaking while I'm just standing there looking pretty isn't my idea of fun. I'm praying that I get my voice back for Saturday.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #5525 on: May 05, 2009, 06:51:31 PM »
If worse comes to worst, you could always bypass your laryngitis by using a Stephen Hawking-approved electronic voice generating device...

"For me?"
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

kirbyman

• Tourette's
« Reply #5526 on: May 05, 2009, 07:27:43 PM »
About two weeks ago, I was with my scout troop on a campout, and when I got back that Sunday morning, my Mom told me about a copperhead that bit one of my dogs on the nose.
The poor guys right upper lip was swollen like a lead balloon. My Dad took him to the vet and luckily he recovered just fine though.

« Reply #5527 on: May 05, 2009, 07:36:07 PM »
At least he recovered.

My bloody allergies are kicking in. I got a runny ****ing nose, I cough way too ****ing much and I sneeze way too f- *sneeze*
One Ring to rule them all. One Ring to find them. One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

« Reply #5528 on: May 05, 2009, 08:04:05 PM »
The trick is to accept, if not embrace, one's allergies as a fact of life. I'll admit that everyone's assumptions that our allergies are as contagious as a fever or Swine Flu get annoying, though.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5529 on: May 05, 2009, 10:05:30 PM »
Well, now my school has Swine Flu Fever, so to speak--my mom's cellphone got one of those bot-calls, pertaining to the fact that, tomorrow, students will get some sort of sheet regarding it. Whether it's because some anonymous fellow pupil has it or they're just being cautious, I don't know. This doesn't angst me up because I'm afraid of the flu--rather, I'm sick of all this irrational, media/politics-fed paranoia (but really, no matter what, who isn't?). However, if school ends up getting temporarily cancelled, that may turn into glee. Until assignments get backed up... so maybe not.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #5530 on: May 05, 2009, 10:50:53 PM »
They call everyone to say a handout is being given out tomorrow?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5531 on: May 06, 2009, 07:16:44 AM »
I guess it's for the kids who never tell their parents anything or are absent or just lose stuff. But, yeah, my school is run a little questionably sometimes.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #5532 on: May 06, 2009, 11:33:35 AM »
I'm with ShadowBrain, this Swine Flu crap is getting on my nerves. Didn't we do this twice already this decade? The human race isn't going to die from something like this, so there's no need to sensationalize it.

That reminds me, some girl at the campus dorms apparantly had it, and the case was featured on the local news, but the place wasn't shut down or anything. I guess the administration is smart enough to not buy into the fear tactics.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #5533 on: May 06, 2009, 06:33:46 PM »
I am so sick of people asking why I'm not as big as a house because I work at a place that sells sweet tasting food. I want to ask them if they sample the food at the places they work, or take home free shirts, or take away video games or movies..

I also am having a lot of trouble with rude foriegners. If you can't come to a country and learn to speak the dominant lagnuage properly, you don't need to come to this country.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #5534 on: May 06, 2009, 08:53:14 PM »
The CDC just announced H1N1 isn't as big a deal as originally thought. Those dumb***es.
One Ring to rule them all. One Ring to find them. One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

Print