Print

Author Topic: The song that will never die  (Read 10146 times)

« on: April 21, 2005, 07:11:57 AM »
Hey everyone again!  Another topic and another one about favorite things.  Okay, this time I was just wondering, what are your favorite versions of the SMB overworld song? (or any Mario song!  Topic updated!)  There has to be like at least 50 of those, right?  Man, that song is going to be around forever I bet.

Anyway, my favorite version of that song so far is probably the one in the first SSB (also played shortly in Melee) that had the horns, but the one in PM:TTYD was also catchy. Oh, and I gotta mention this... one song I heard at OC Remix made me laugh for awhile.  The instruments kept changing, volume would shot up at one point, you could hear Mario's voice part way through (along with some little kid's), and these two guys were rapping about noodles.  Heh heh.  So what's your favorite version?

"Do you got a mullet goin’ on?"

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 4/22/2005 12:31:15 PM
« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 11:04:30 PM by Yoshisaurus Rex »
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2005, 03:55:41 PM »
I like the "Super Pipe House" version from SMRPG that is mixed with the World 1 Map Screen in SMB3.  I believe that song is also in M&LSS on some map.

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.” -Atticus Finch
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2005, 04:53:17 PM »
Unsurprisingly, it's at the pipe transport map.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2005, 06:29:35 PM »
That's a tough question. Hmmm . . . I don't really know, so I'll just say this for now. Maybe sometime later I'll be able to actually crack this cookie. Or maybe not.

Oh, and this one is kinda catchy, too. ;P

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."

The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2005, 06:58:22 PM »
Uh, I guess I like the one in the version in SSBM the best. I can't really decide. The one in PM:TTYD is good, too.

Random Anime?Manga Quote:

"Oh God...Am I still a girl...or half of a gay couple?"--Kyo. Girl Got Game vol 7.
Random Anime Quote: "Wiggle, Squiggle! Look, I'm a mollusk!"
--Freesia Yagyu, Jubei-Chan 2 episode 3.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2005, 07:41:10 PM »
My favorite version of the SMB theme is the one found in Super Mario All-Stars.

"Don’t look into car headlights and freeze, because you might get run over or shot."
That was a joke.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2005, 08:29:52 PM »
Dirty Mix

Time slowed and Reality bent.

But on and on the Eggman went.

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2005, 08:35:55 AM »
Um, the one in Super Mario Sunshine was cool (the underground one with the awesome levels there).  Also the one in super mario all-stars was kinda cool.  And I know there was another real cool one, but I'll post it when I can remember [wtd] it was.

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2005, 08:35:56 AM »
Um, the one in Super Mario Sunshine was cool (the underground one with the awesome levels there).  Also the one in super mario all-stars was kinda cool.  And I know there was another real cool one, but I'll post it when I can remember [wtd] it was.

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2005, 01:37:32 PM »
Yep, that's the one, TEM.  Just didn't want to say the name of it (even though it isn't bad).  Does anyone know what that weird voice says near the beginning?  And what it says after that? (I think it was "Hit-a select-a!" but I can't really tell).  "Yow!  Noodles!  Yow, yow!  Noodles!" XD

The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2005, 01:48:18 PM »
I wasn't linking it for you, that's my favorite version. But I'm glad to be of help any way.

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2005, 02:26:47 PM »
I like the one in SMW.  You know, if you stay on the Special Zone map screen for 5 minutes(Like anyone has the time).  Gotta love the steel drums...
W/E

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2005, 06:12:23 PM »
That Dirty Mix was originally made with images too, called "Super Mario Blitz".  It's at Newgrounds, though, but it looks cool, plus the weird voice is a partially synthesized version of the creator's little brother, I think.  It spells out what he says when it's like "Hit-a Select-a" too.

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.” -Atticus Finch
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2005, 06:23:06 PM »
Yeah Super Mario Blitz has really cool music.
Slap-Worthy!

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2005, 06:42:13 PM »
His little brother?  Heh, that explains the "you mean I have to start all over again?"

Print