Print

Author Topic: Brawl's Ups and Downs  (Read 99671 times)

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #195 on: April 01, 2008, 10:11:23 PM »
Golden Hammer Brawl
I always do this on random Wi-Fi matches, along with picking Spear Pillar. I started this after growing tired of constantly getting no items and Final Destination.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #196 on: April 02, 2008, 07:40:04 PM »
I probably wouldn't have beaten Lizard Dude quite as easily as I did if not for lag...
You try recovering as Olimar on Lylat Cruise with one second pauses between every 4 frames.

And while that was obviously a very extreme case, the internet is not fast or stable enough to make any claims of relative skill based on online play in any fighting game.

-Lizard Dude

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #197 on: April 02, 2008, 08:58:31 PM »
I always read the proto-signature at the end of his posts. WHY?

Wiiario

• Has seen Kirby naked
« Reply #198 on: April 07, 2008, 03:12:49 PM »
I always read the proto-signature at the end of his posts. WHY?

Because he CONTROLS you.
I really don't care much for logic.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #199 on: April 07, 2008, 05:06:03 PM »
Ups: This YouTube vid.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #200 on: April 07, 2008, 05:09:33 PM »
That video made me laugh.
Ditto used Machop!

« Reply #201 on: April 09, 2008, 01:22:13 PM »
Snake, do you copy? Snake!? SNAAAAAAAAAKE!

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #202 on: April 09, 2008, 01:55:04 PM »
Snake, do you copy? Snake!? SNAAAAAAAAAKE!

-LD
fixed.

« Reply #203 on: April 09, 2008, 02:45:59 PM »
I didn't say that.

I use 140.17 and that burst transmission clearly came from 140.85.

-Solid Lizard

« Reply #204 on: April 11, 2008, 06:58:12 PM »
Up: Every trophy in the game and every sticker in the game. Posting here since the old Brawl spoilers thread died. Warning: major major spoilers.

They're pretty cool, although I died a little inside (that's a bad thing) when seeing some of the Donkey Kong series trophies. And 76 of the trophies are Pokemon-related!

Major up: Luigi with Peach's moveset. I know this is from Melee, but it's still hilarious. Gives "Mama Luigi" a whole new meaning.
You didn't say wot wot.

Wiiario

• Has seen Kirby naked
« Reply #205 on: April 11, 2008, 09:46:36 PM »
Quote from: penguinwizard link=topic=11398.msg503950#msg503950
They're pretty cool, although I died a little inside (that's a bad thing) when seeing some of the Donkey Kong series trophies. And 76 of the trophies are Pokemon-related.

Well that's not THAT bad when you consider theres over a million Pokemon!
I really don't care much for logic.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #206 on: April 11, 2008, 09:56:48 PM »
Not yet. Only 493 if I remember correctly.

Yeah, I have something of a bone to pick with Sakurai for so many Barrel Blast trophies, but only Mother enough trophies to represent stuff in the game. I'd've liked to see more of Mother 3's cast in 3-D. Not an afro lizard with boobs.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #207 on: April 12, 2008, 12:36:36 AM »
Yeah, did they even hire any trophy modelers this time? Most of the trophies in Melee were brand new models. This time they had almost twice the development time, and yet virtually all the trophies are models that already existed in other games or would have been made for Brawl anyway.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #208 on: April 12, 2008, 08:25:31 AM »
^ Well, I guess there hadn't been a whole lot of updatings of games at the point that Melee came out on the Cube.

They're pretty cool, although I died a little inside (that's a bad thing) when seeing some of the Donkey Kong series trophies.
Like I said, shameless Barrel Blast propoganda.

Yeah, I have something of a bone to pick with Sakurai for so many Barrel Blast trophies, but only Mother enough trophies to represent stuff in the game. I'd've liked to see more of Mother 3's cast in 3-D. Not an afro lizard with boobs.
LOL... Kalypso, I think.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #209 on: April 12, 2008, 09:35:30 AM »
At least Squitter and Expresso were two of the few trophies that weren't borrowed renders.

Print