Poll

Does this topic really even need to be back?

Yes
3 (25%)
No
2 (16.7%)
WTD is this thing?!
7 (58.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Print

Author Topic: The Fungi Gazette  (Read 6264 times)

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« on: June 09, 2006, 07:37:52 PM »
'Ello everyone. I decided that we should create a magazine sort of thing to keep track of all of the things going on in our world, The Mushroom Kingdom's world (the site and the real thing), and about any members. You should even write your replies in a magazine/ newspaper form, if you want to be creative. If you wish, and if the rules allow it, you can even write funny, humorous, and non-degrading things about other members, like "Mr.Melee Marries Turtle" or "Bird Person is Actually a Duck." (sort of like The National Enquirer). Please have fun with this and don't make it get out of hand by writing too many stories or bad, insultive things about other members. This is meant to be a fun topic and a serious topic. Good luck and start the presses!
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 07:50:22 PM »
Mario Declares Diet!
by: G-Dawg

Mario has announced world wide that he is in fact going on a diet. "No a-more ravioli for-a me!" says Mario ending his beautifully put speech. He hopes in this effort to lose weight that it will be easier to defeat Bowser and at the same time boosts adoring fans confidence to lose weight themselves. In conclusion Mario makes the world a better place!

(Sorry I didn't do it in newspaper format...hey that was really fun.)

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 07:57:05 PM »
G-Dawg breaks Solidmushroom misreads the rules
By:Solidmushroom

Earlier today,fellow writer of The Fungi Gazette decided to write an article about another mushroom kingdom. Hopefully the administrators will fin G-Dawg's outside news a good idea and not something to be punished for. If not, the hanging will be tomorrow at noon. Good luck G-Dawg, good luck.

UPDATE: I was wrong, I apologize to G-Dawg and all of his affiliates.
UPDATE:Solidmushroom's hanging will take place noon tomorrow.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 08:08:44 PM by solidmushroom »

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006, 08:01:54 PM »
I'm SORRY! Hey!
I decided that we should create a magazine sort of thing to keep track of all of the things going on in our world, The Mushroom Kingdom's world (the site and the real thing), and about any members.

Or the real thing, HA!

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006, 08:23:09 PM »
Fungi High Vandalised

FUNGI High, a Fungitown high school, was shamelessly vandalised by criminals in an awful act of cruelty.

Police investigated the scene, and discovered that Bud Wig, a student at the school, was responsible for this heinous crime.

"We are investigating," Principal D. Deezer told our reporters, "and Bud Wig will be dealt with appropriately."

Reporter: U. L. Timashado
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2006, 11:46:09 PM »
QUACK!
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2006, 06:36:32 AM »
The Truth Is Out!

Bird Person, a regular on the forums, has shown us his true identity: a duck.

That's right. Member Lizard Dude was basking in his heat lamp when he saw Bird Person dive into the nearby pool.

He noticed that his feathers looked absolutely dry, and knew most bird's couldn't swim.

Putting two and two together, he called local Fungi authorities to accuse the "bird" of being a duck.

After a few hours of investigation, Bird Person let out a horrible "quack" to tell the truth.

Be on the look out for "Duck" Person, as maybe he'll change again...

By: Mr.Melee

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2006, 02:34:07 PM »
Chupperson Normal?

TULSA - In a groundbreaking new study undertaken by a crack research team from M.I.T., it has recently been suggested that Chupperson Weird may, in fact, not be weird at all.

"Yeah," one researcher said. "We went into this study expecting him to be all weird and stuff but actually, he's a pretty normal guy. Just goes to school and works and plays games and stuff."

In light of this shocking development, many rival scholars dispute these claims.

"This is just preposterous!" sputtered Alfonse P. Blumpko of Harvard. "Why would he be called 'Weird' if he wasn't weird? Have you seen what this guy wrote in Lemony nitendos: a series of unfortinate events?"

The study will be published in the October issue of Nature.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2006, 04:07:30 PM »
Mario Hotel goes Bankrupt.

Main St. TMK:  After less than six months of operation, and a prom party that rocked the house, Mario Hotel, the brilliant establishment downtown has gone bankrupt.  Most blame the decline of the hotel on Bowser, who took over the Mushroom Kingdom as chronicled in the novel, "Revenge of Luigi."  Others blame it on the economy, which has taken a tumble since the reign of terror began. 
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2006, 05:08:23 PM »
GiftedGirl May Not Be So Gifted Anymore
Reporter Kermit Furog

KENTUCKY- Earlier this morning, GiftedGirl was hit by a taxi. Thankfully, she didn't sustain any serious injuries, but doctors are slowly becoming aware of an underlying problem.

"I gave her a math test to see if she had any brain damage," pediatrician Tom Burchett says, "and when I came back from the bathroom, I saw that she had given the same answer to each problem: 1."

Doctors have confirmed that she has a serious case of amnesia. We tried to get an interview with the girl, but an angry nurse shooed us off. Hopefully, someone can get her back to normal.

Update: GiftedGirl seems to have recovered, although she keeps asking why the sky is green.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 06:24:59 PM by GiftedGirl »
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2006, 05:24:44 PM »
Solidmushroom's hanging
Anonymus
As you heard yesterday, solidmushroom was destined to be hung. However, right when the floor of the gallows were about to drop, A cyborg ninja calling himself "raiden" sliced off the top of the gallows and declared that the punishment was too much for such a petty offense. Solidmushroom was off the hook.

Update: Solidmushroom is filing a huge lawsuit against the mushroom kingdom police.
Update: Solidmushroom won the case. The mushroom kingdom police paid him the sup of 1,000,000 golden coins, making solidmushroom pretty much immortal, since this money is worth 10,000 lives!

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2006, 02:18:07 PM »
Deezer is not dezzer

FUNGI FORUMS- Local forum member MEGABYTE unvieled the ground-breaking discovery that Deezer is not really dezzer!

The story goes that Deezer was the creator of the Fungi Forums, and dezzer is actually a hidden person in most Where's Waldo? books, hence the term "where's dezzer?"

Deezer has not made any comment on this, and appears to be nervous about everyone knowing this amazing truth.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2006, 05:18:48 PM »
 The Rumor Mill with Bert C.

It has been rumored that David Dayton has officially confirmed his next post. It appears to be causing quite a stir among Fungi Folk, as Mr.Dayton's posts are rare and legendary. More as the rumor develops.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2006, 11:04:09 AM »
Yoshisaurus "Wrecks"

Yoshisaurus Rex has succeeded in destroying half of the General Chat section in the Fungi Forums.

"I'm not general, I'm personal, so I'm takin' it out!," the rabid dinosaur commented. "General Video Game Chat is next!" he added with a snarl.

Only one can guess what this savage beast will do next.

He is currently playing poker back at home, and winning.

If you see this mad-reptile, contact our presses at 1-shroom.

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2006, 03:35:28 PM »
Bombette refuses to blast through Mt. Rugged
Bombette.  There are only a few words to describe her: pink, sassy, and explosive.  She helped Master Mario reclaim the Star Rod from Bowser, and rescue Princess Peach in one of the kingdom's most frightening moments.  Now the kingdom wants her to blast through Mt. Rugged for a new path of traintrack that will cut travel time from Toad Town to the sandy mountain nearly in half.  Yet Bombette refuses to do so.  She is angry at the Mushroom Kingdom for not putting a stop to the imprisonment of bob-ombs at Koopa Bros. Fortress.  Is our pink heroin over reacting?  The Minister has refused to comment on the matter.  The kingdom has wanted a shorter way to travel to Mt. Rugged for quite some time now, but it seems that we will all have to wait a little longer for more help to arise before plans can be put into action.

By: fuzzy
"If you want to make enemies, try to change something."--Woodrow Wilson

Print