Print

Author Topic: Signatures on other forums  (Read 8593 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2008, 01:59:17 PM »
Funny how now, I would definitely call the banners in my post up there "annoying."
Not awesome like this one I made but am not using.

All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2008, 10:35:36 PM »
I'm preparing in case I ever have to post on a TF2 board.

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2008, 11:18:53 AM »
ah, the forums i go to everyday...
the super mario flash forums!

they are great. 'm a moderator there, and i also have the "level rater" and "great level maker" position.

sadly, the last 3 days (including today) something has gone wrong with ppbb88 forums like this one, so i haven't been able to access it. :(
i currently have 3577 (i think that's the amount) of posts there, so that should give you an idea of how large these forums are (above 3000 users already!)

anyways, i can't remember my signature too well...but it goes somewhat like this:

Click here to join my forums! 8)

I am an LR!
I am a GLM!
i am a Mod!

Please support me for GLM admin! :D

sadly there seems to be no smileys here...:(

http://www.phpbb88.com/smfforum/index.php?mforum=smfforum

that's the link to SMF forums by the way. ;)

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2008, 06:41:55 PM »
Rule Number 7: No advertising web sites.

This will be the last we hear of it out of context, understand, Mr. Moderator?

EDIT: Smilies are evil.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2008, 07:11:48 PM »
i currently have 3577 (i think that's the amount) of posts there, so that should give you an idea of how large these forums are (above 3000 users already!)
I have to call this fake. There's no way some forum on a crappy free host could be this big.

sadly there seems to be no smileys here...:(
They're here. You just aren't looking hard enough.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2008, 12:48:41 PM »
Here is my signature at GameFAQs..

Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

It used to say Toad was the ultimate video game character, but people got confused when they thought I was talking about the generic Toads and not the Toad.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2008, 01:00:35 PM »
Hate to break it to you, but they're all named Kinopio in Japan.
That was a joke.

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2008, 03:05:13 PM »
You're kidding me! I thought only the one was Kinopio, and the rest were Toads!

.. wow. That makes my favorite character even less unique.. :(

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2008, 04:27:04 PM »
You could call them "Mushroom People", since that's what Kinopio means, right?

Actually, here's an old article from Coin Heaven discussing this problem.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2008, 05:23:57 PM »
As far as I care, Yoshi is the first Yoshi you meet in SMW who lives in the house on Yoshi's Island, the character from the spin-offs and Smash Bros., and just like red Kirby is Kirby, Luigi in Waluigi's clothes is Luigi, and Lucas with Claus's hair color and clothes is Lucas, it's Yoshi no matter the color scheme.
But there're more of them on the screen!!
Well, so? You can have multiple Foxes and they're all still Fox.
But you've set up Yoshi talking to other Yoshis/Pikachu talking to the one with Red's hat before!!
Yes and that doesn't make them real separate characters any more than Ganondorf with a white beard is actually Silver Neelsen or Kirby with Donkey Kong's power is actually the Bubble Monkey. If you're going to take my musings as canon, go ahead and believe that Nana and Zelda are Wario's girlfriends.

Same for Toad, the SMB2 character (despite what color limitations did to him there), the spin-off character, he who first informs Mario and Luigi of Peach's kidnapping in Super Paper Mario, the Toad who goes to Mario's house in Super Mario RPG, and I think there was one Toad who hung out with Gadd throughout Partners in Time as well. He's probably the shield Peach uses in Melee and Brawl, too.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2008, 05:46:51 PM »
He also had Wario's Woods.. and there are only a few who share the same style of clothing/accessories (Red dots, blue vest). I agree that the first character you meet, who also happens to share the name of the species, is the one character. It is often open to interpretation, as I think the Toad in the first Paper Mario appears as the last one to let you sleep at the makeshift Toad House inside Peach's Castle before the final fight with Bowser.

I feel slightly better. Thank you, BP.

Print