Print

Author Topic: Eating Contest wallpaper  (Read 3537 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« on: September 06, 2007, 09:22:13 PM »
I posted this image not long ago:

I colored it in Photoshop, added a gradient background, and a neat-o filtered "S4m" signature... Shing!

I was going to use the wind filter on Yoshi to indicate Kirby's suction, but that only works horizontally. Motion blur didn't cut it either. Balls of light will have to suffice.
Despite the dimensions and the fact that it's a clear, pretty PNG and not a disgusting compressy JPEG, this is only 331 KB. Take THAT, JPEGs!
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 09:50:19 PM »
I was going to use the wind filter on Yoshi to indicate Kirby's suction, but that only works horizontally. Motion blur didn't cut it either. Balls of light will have to suffice.
You could have rotated the image so that part was horizontal, then only apply the filter to Yoshi.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 09:59:19 PM »
Wow, that's amazing. Heh, I wonder what happens next.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 10:29:35 PM »
Updated with great thanks to MaxVance. Thank you for you constructive criticism, TEM. Honesty is the best policy. Now 363 KB.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 10:45:45 PM »
I liked the actual lines in your original pencil drawing better. Now it just looks like Kirby is really scared and Yoshi is furry.

An improvement over the balls, though, and still a good pic from the start.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2007, 10:53:22 PM »
Yeah, that's why I post the original and after Photoshop--some will always prefer the un-computed pencil. And my handwriting.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2007, 06:32:24 PM »
I like both versions. The Photoshop'd version makes more sense since I saw the first version first.

I like your handwriting. It looks oddly like mine.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2007, 06:36:36 PM »
I wonder which one tastes best. :P
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2007, 12:39:11 PM »
Kirby tastes faintly like marshmallows and really melts in your mouth.

Yoshi tastes like chicken.

Pac-Man tastes kind of medicinal.

Print