Print

Author Topic: What is up?  (Read 2432 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« on: September 26, 2007, 09:38:01 PM »
Is it me, or has the amount of fan creations fallen since the birth of this board? It's clear that fan fiction is still alive (which is fine, if you like fan fiction), but where's all the good stuff like this, this, or this? Is it that nobody has anything? No, I think I know what it is: the concept of posting a whole thread for one JPEG too crazy-sounding to some, while a story is considerably longer. I've been making a lot more stuff in Photoshop as of late, maybe because I'm getting better at it or because I don't feel like it'll be ignored anymore (nothing is worse than working forever on something to have it the last post on the page in TMK Art Museum and be seen by one person). This whole board is TMK Art Museum now. And admit it-- everyone likes praise. You might even get more images posted in the threads you make, from similarity, like this. Even if you don't think one item is enough to constitute its own thread, you could make a gallery or something. Post things! Impress each other! If you get negative feedback or suggestions, don't cry--improve!
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 09:42:30 PM »
What about this? I know it's not really a Mario pic, but it's a fan creation nonetheless. Should I like...I dunno, make a thread about this?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 09:44:35 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 10:21:25 PM »
PaperLuigi, posts like that remind me of why I don't post often nowadays, especially when they're posted in "srs biz" threads or threads that address things about which I care. I don't want to go in-depth on that subject and destroy the purpose of Bird Person's thread, so I'm simply going to say what I came here to say.

I would also like to see people other than Bird Person posting pictures. I, for one, will probably begin posting some as soon as I start scanning some of the non-comedy stuff I've drawn. Having seen the drawings of people other than Bird Person (such as the very nice Soviet Hammer Brother to which he linked), I know that other artists are on these forums, and I too would like to see them post their pictures in new threads, rather than in the TMK Art Museum thread. That thread seems to be to Fan Creations as ANGST and HOPEFUL are to General Chat, except on a much smaller scale.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 10:25:06 PM »
Mmmm... Needs more... power. Like shading, lightning, or a sword or something. I'm not saying everybody should post every little thing they draw--I make a lot more than what I post, and only post what I think are the best ones in their own threads (usually the hand-drawn stuff that I color technologically). For example, I've been thinking of starting a gallery-type thread for Some Photoshop I Made At School. None of those live up to my personal thread-worthy standards alone...
As for it being Mario-related, I don't think that's any more a problem than in Game Help. Like the Phoenix Wright clock--not Mario-related at all, but still worth a thread here.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 10:26:41 PM »
Oh, I gotcha. I apologize for missing your point the first time.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2007, 02:32:23 AM »
I got a Scanner/Printer/Copier for my birthday, so when I get the energy to hook it up and then draw something, I'll show you guys.

Print