Print

Author Topic: The Kraken Attackin'  (Read 4898 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« on: May 28, 2008, 11:24:20 PM »

More EarthBound. The jolly old Captain tells Ness a long rambling story of times long in the past, and Ness listens politely. Jeff, who rarely sleeps, stays up fixing who-knows-what into a battle-ready gadget. Paula and Poo have already nodded off, and no one notices the perpetually bloody-mouthed Kraken drawing near to the ship. This is the last night The Captain will spend with his prized slippers.

"BP, why in heck do you waste your time showing EarthBound fan art to a bunch of people who haven't played the game?" Well... I finally realized why. I want you to play it! I have to show you how good it is.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 11:58:33 PM »
It's certainly working - I automatically think "I really want to play through this game again" every time I see one of your awesome pictures, and this is no exception.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 01:41:22 AM »
Your skewing and texturing skills only get better and better.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 05:31:15 AM »
Yeah, I can't wait for it to come out for the Virtual Console, or for me to find a copy of the SNES game. From what I played on a ROM, this is an amazing game, and yes, your pictures also make me want to play the game.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 10:55:58 AM »
I want to play it too, but I have to wait for it to come out on Virtual Console, since my old SNES got destroyed.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2008, 03:58:54 PM »
Delightful!
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2008, 05:06:59 PM »
I want to play it too, but I have to wait for it to come out on Virtual Console, since my old SNES got destroyed.

I think it's storytime!

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2008, 07:02:11 PM »
The thicker outlines make it look pro.
"it's always the present"

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2008, 05:51:05 PM »
I've heard that Earthbound is good so many times I'm actually considering playing it. You accomplished your task!

Very, very nice picture. Good job on the lighting effects.
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2008, 08:59:35 PM »
With what program do you make all of your drawings?
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2008, 09:24:32 PM »
GIMP. It's like Photoshop, in some ways, but it's free and stuff. I can't say which is better--GIMP has some of its own problems, but MAN it has some sweet filters made specifically for logos. I always use the neon one for my lonely little signature in the corner. And I don't know if I've really looked for it, but I haven't found the Photoshop equivalent for GIMP's paths. Paths let you make selections and lines along curves very precisely. Paths and layers are my best friends (figuratively).

The thicker outlines make it look pro.
Haha... I was going for a Paper Mario-like look. Though, I think a modern-day EarthBound would look best with The Wind Waker's graphics, as long as the main characters kept their dotty eyes.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2008, 08:10:34 AM »
Tell me, where can I find GIMP?

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2008, 10:10:15 AM »
Wikipedia compares GIMP and Photoshop pretty well.

Tell me, where can I find GIMP?
Here. Remember that Bird Person has a graphics tablet, too.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Print