Print

Author Topic: A suggestion to Sapphira...  (Read 3349 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: May 23, 2003, 08:30:59 AM »
Hey Sapphira, since you obviously love writing stories, there is a really interesting web site called fanfiction.net. It contains thousands of fan fiction stories about anything and everything you could think of. You could post your story "The Prophecy" there, they even have a section where you can rate the stories (as good or bad). Go there! www.fanfiction.net
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2003, 12:08:05 PM »
Heheh...I have that site bookmarked. I even registered there. :) I tried posting my story, but got annoyed because I would have to save EACH CHAPTER to a seperate Word document. It won't let you copy-paste it; you have to upload it from an already saved file, like Word or WordPad or something. That's why I haven't posted it. :(

--------------------
Deep inside us all is a little green elf telling us to burn things.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2003, 12:31:33 PM »
Oh, well I just thought I'd let you know... I think you are a terrific writer with good grammar and spelling. You also use a lot of descriptive imagery in your stories, which is another thing I like!

Read my story titled The Last Kingdom Standing. I just started it today. I'm trying to make it dark and gritty like yours, but so far I can't think of any ideas. Could you help me?

---------------------------------------------
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2003, 12:50:18 PM »
Thank you. ^_^

Oh, and your story sounds good so far, to me. Although the marriage proposal sounds similar to the beginning of mine... Actually, I think it's kind of become a cliché in stories... Oh well. Anyway, I like it so far. And I'm psyched that my story has encouraged others to start theirs. ^_^

--------------------
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2003, 02:26:16 PM »
Oh yeah, are you ever gonna continue your story? It's good so far. As for ideas...I can't really help you there. They kind of have to be your OWN ideas. Besides, I squeeze all the "idea" juice I can for my own stories. It wouldn't be original if I helped you.

What generally works for me is to surround yourself with all different sorts of media. Watch TV, movies, read novels, play video games [ :) ], etc of different themes and styles. Well, I don't do that stuff JUST to get ideas; just pay attention more when you do. Also, try letting your mind wander before you go to sleep.  My most creative ideas come from dreams.

I've started paying closer attention to the author's writing styles whenever I read a book. That's also helpful.

Other than that, this is about all the help I can give you. I'll be happy to proofread, though. :) Anyway, I hope you'll continue. It's got good potential. :)

PS--CH 14 is up in "The Prophecy" in case you didn't know yet. :)

--------------------

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2005, 12:23:34 AM »
I also have a suggestion for you, Sapph.  I remember that you said you didn't have The Prophecy finished yet, but had the unedited story done.  Do you think you could post that if you don't have time to complete it how you want to?  I'm that desperate to find out what happens!

Now I'll try not to say anything more about your story because I don't want to drive you super crazy.
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2005, 12:59:13 AM »
WOW
WAY TO REVIVE A 2.5 YEAR OLD TOPIC
That was a joke.

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2005, 01:02:09 AM »
W.T.D.

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2005, 12:48:17 PM »
Two and a half years?  Holy Koopa!  Sorry, this was a last minute idea and I didn't know where else to ask it.  I probably should have just sent her a message but I forgot about that.  I apologise for this.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 11:35:19 AM by Yoshisaurus Rex »
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2005, 11:26:17 PM »
I've signed up to fanfiction.net. Look for me- my name's Dragon of the Wind.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Print