Print

Author Topic: The Digimon Topic  (Read 3460 times)

Hacker Pikachu 25

• Technicolor nightmare
« on: October 08, 2007, 06:00:02 PM »
Hello, and welcome to my Digimon topic. This is a place where you can talk about the games, characters, and even make up your own Digimon! I'm thinking of making a digi-club. PM me if you want to join! Of course, you can post Digimon problems here, too.  Many DigiRevivers to all, Pichu25
Klonoa is the best game I've played YET!!!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 02:48:09 PM »
Just a question: People still like Digimon? I always thought that went the way of the Taco Bell chihuaha.
every

Hacker Pikachu 25

• Technicolor nightmare
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 06:45:32 PM »
Grrrr....Attack, my Digimon army, ATTACK!!!

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2007, 08:16:50 PM »
Sure. what? No..... Digimon?

Really?

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2007, 09:08:20 PM »
I watched the fourth season of Digimon, which was fairly recent. It was okay, but didn't quite match up to the days of Yore (the first three seasons). Back when it was in it's prime, Digimon was fantastic. Way better than Pokemon (the anime, not the game). Pokemon was formulatic from the start, while Digimon had fresh plots nearly every episode. And Saban was a pretty good dubbing company; much better than 4kids. Too bad Saban doesn't exist anymore :(.

Well, that's my two cents.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2007, 10:47:29 PM »
Digimon, like Yu-Gi-Oh!, just never worked for me. I could tell, "This is a fad that will not last very long at all..." and I was pretty right. None of my friends got into Digimon and Yu-Gi-Oh lasted about a month (true it is that my friends are into the Yu-Gi-Oh card game again, even the less expected ones [to which I ironically comment "Ahahahaa... you guys are such dorks." <all the while getting insane chains and combos in Planet Puzzle League>]).

Anyway, Digimon. I figure it never worked for anyone I knew because at its time, Pokémon was widely accepted as the awesomeness and everyone thought it was a rip-off. Even at that age we made fun of their naming system, like Washing-Machine-mon. So we all just kept being n00bs at Pokémon (you know the days when you'd train your starter alone to dangerous levels and pay no attention to anything else and pretty much suck a lot [working on a team of six is actually not as hard as it sounds]) and paid no mind to anything else... I didn't even know Digimon was still around. How does that saying go...? "If there's a burger, someone will eat it?"

Interestingly, this topic was made on the same day I heard the word "teight" for the first time in years. Ah, the days of my youth... like the scent of fresh lemon, you see.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2007, 09:25:41 AM »
Whatever you say, Grossberg.

I have ROMs of Digimon World Dawn and Dusk, but I haven't tried them yet...I wonder if I'll ever get around to that.

Hacker Pikachu 25

• Technicolor nightmare
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2007, 05:44:16 PM »
Team Time!
Current:
Leskimon<3
Dinohumon<3
That clam Digimon
Kunemon
Seadramon<3<3
Gekomon

Oh yeah! Training targets!:
Raremon
Gizamon

Got a spare WiFi USB adapter?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 05:58:03 PM by pichu25 »

matto

• from America's hatto
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2007, 08:50:21 AM »
I watched the fourth season of Digimon, which was fairly recent. It was okay, but didn't quite match up to the days of Yore (the first three seasons). Back when it was in it's prime, Digimon was fantastic. Way better than Pokemon (the anime, not the game). Pokemon was formulatic from the start, while Digimon had fresh plots nearly every episode. And Saban was a pretty good dubbing company; much better than 4kids. Too bad Saban doesn't exist anymore :(.

Well, that's my two cents.

I bolded that one sentence for one plain reason: It's just plain WRONG. Saban's dub of season 1 and 2 were full of stupid godawful puns, and script changes that didn't make any sense. Season 3, the best of all the Digimon seasons, had a better dub script (mostly due to the fact the voice actress who did Motoko Kusanagi in Ghost In A Shell: SAC was one of the script directors).

I liked Season 1 more then Season 2, and the movies were awesome as well.
Canada, eh? '87

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2007, 01:28:00 PM »
Teight?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2007, 02:04:17 PM »
I don't lke Digimon anymore, but I still love Gatomon.

As a pre-teen I worshiped Digimon.  The first season was my favorite.  Granted when I first heard of the series, I thought it was a Pokemon ripoff.  I didn't know very much about Pokemon at the time because we never had the WB where I live.  But I saw a Digimon episode involving Gatomon and Wizardmon, and I found their characters to be very likable.  For a little while I thought Matt and Tai were  really cute.  I even made up my own Digimon and a Digidestined crest. 
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Hacker Pikachu 25

• Technicolor nightmare
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2007, 06:22:42 PM »
I don't lke Digimon anymore, but I still love Gatomon.

As a pre-teen I worshiped Digimon.  The first season was my favorite.  Granted when I first heard of the series, I thought it was a Pokemon ripoff.  I didn't know very much about Pokemon at the time because we never had the WB where I live.  But I saw a Digimon episode involving Gatomon and Wizardmon, and I found their characters to be very likable.  For a little while I thought Matt and Tai were  really cute.  I even made up my own Digimon and a Digidestined crest. 
I made a crest 'cause you gave me an idea. Curiosity is my crest.

Print