Print

Author Topic: Favorite Kirby Game  (Read 9872 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2007, 08:28:15 AM »
For me, it's always been Kirby Tilt n' Tumble. I got it for Christmas when I was but a wee lad, and instantly ripped it open, ignoring the packaging and manual. When I found that my attempts to control Kirby with the D-Pad were futile, I gave up and called the game stupid. Until my aunt pointed out that the game uses motion-sensing to roll Kirby around, at which point I was excited beyond words and spent the rest of the day in my room playing it (until someone announced that I had gotten a Hot Wheels track set...I'm a sucker for Hot Wheels).
every

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2007, 09:08:19 AM »
For me, it's always been Kirby Tilt n' Tumble. I got it for Christmas when I was but a wee lad, and instantly ripped it open, ignoring the packaging and manual. When I found that my attempts to control Kirby with the D-Pad were futile, I gave up and called the game stupid. Until my aunt pointed out that the game uses motion-sensing to roll Kirby around, at which point I was excited beyond words and spent the rest of the day in my room playing it (until someone announced that I had gotten a Hot Wheels track set...I'm a sucker for Hot Wheels).

Ah man, I forgot about tilt 'n tumble. It was frustrating at times, but that added to it's charm.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2007, 01:46:09 PM »
I've always liked Kirby's Dream Course. What, you don't remember that one?

++ EPIC WIN for KDC

I remember ho good it felt when I finally got 16 gold medals. Ya that game was hard but very fun.
~I.S.~

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2007, 02:17:11 PM »
I basically sucked at the game, but it was still fun.  :P
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2007, 03:02:39 PM »
(does ANYBODY have more than 99%?)

Yes, I do. My favorite Kirby game is perhaps Kirby Squeak Squad. It's very addicting, even when I already beat it. The Ghost Power is awesome, you get to take control of most enemies. I also liked how you had items at the bottom, sort of like an inventory. Sure, it may seem a little easy, but it puts a thought in your brain about what you should or should not bring with you. It had more script and plot twists than other Kirby games as well. The Boss Endurance in the game is very hard. It took me at least a month to beat it with all the powers (Including no power) without using a Maxim Tomato, but with some powers, it was completely impossible (Wheel, Ghost, and probably something else I forgot).   
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2007, 06:13:42 PM »
Kirby SuperStar! The case says it all: Seven games in one, and they've all got a neat gimmick.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2007, 10:47:27 PM »
In addition to the two games I mentioned in my previous post, Kirby's Avalanche, Kirby's Dream Course, and Kirby's Pinball Land are some of my other favorite games in the Kirby series. Kirby's Avalanche was the game that introduced me to Puyo Pop, and Kirby's Pinball Land was the first Kirby game I actually owned (anything I played before it was emulated), and Kirby's Dream Course...I don't even need to say anything about Kirby's Dream Course.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2007, 11:22:15 AM »
Kirby Super Star for me.
That was a joke.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2007, 08:25:47 PM »
Amazing Mirror. They got rid of the Ball power, yeah, but it still had a wide range of powers (Smash FTW) and some awesome levels that all came together at one point or another. I didn't play much of the co-op mode (only once do I remember) but from what I did I can tell it's good. The music's good, the challenge of getting everything is good (does ANYBODY have more than 99%?), the game is good.
It truly is possible to get 100%, as I have done it. Also, Amazing Mirror is definitely my favorite, with Super Star in a close second. I actually never played the Co-op in AM, but it seems as if it would be good.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2007, 04:01:12 PM »
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror. It had a great plot, huge levels, and it was a challenge for once (most Kirby games are way too easy for my tastes). It took me a while to get 100% (yes, I've done that).

I also like 64 and Squeak Squad. 64 was my first Kirby game, and I still like its large levels and good music. Squeak Squad, I didn't like it quite as much as Amazing Mirror, but it also had a good plot and it added great replay value to collect all of the treasures. Still, it was too easy, especially considering that Dark Nebula was easier than the Daroach fight before him!

I'm also fond of Tilt 'n' Tumble...Gah, I haven't played a Kirby game in a long time. I should play Amazing Mirror or Squeak Squad sometime.

I haven't played any Kirby game that came out before 64, except for Adventure on an emulator (and Nightmare in Dream Land). I just got Super Star on an emulator, though...let's see if it's as good as everyone says.
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2007, 06:31:52 PM »
Canvas Curse is getting pooped on in this thread.

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2007, 06:41:33 PM »
Oh yeah, forgot to mention, I also like Canvas Curse. :P
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2007, 08:08:17 PM »
Canvas Curse, despite having sucky mini games, was great. Nifty gameplay (with some difficulty, even!), great music and sound, decent graphics, and unlockable players for even a bit of replay value. I have about 25 medals left to get...
Edit: Well, beating the game's not hard... getting all those blasted medals, though...
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 08:15:52 PM by Bird Person »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2007, 08:10:25 PM »
I've only played Crystal Shards, and I remember always getting stuck in I think Rock Star when I was younger.

I loved that game.

Hacker Pikachu 25

• Technicolor nightmare
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2007, 06:19:33 PM »
I haven't played many due to many of the systems getting obsolete.<(>.<)>But for me it's gotta be Amazing(more like A"maze"ing) Mirror.^(^_^)^

Kirby says "Poyo poy!"
Klonoa is the best game I've played YET!!!

Print