Print

Author Topic: Some Questions that are VG related (Updated with more questions since 22nd)  (Read 4254 times)

« on: October 04, 2007, 04:53:16 PM »
1. I'm looking to suscribe to a new mag. (Besides NP.) I want one that covers all 3 companies with many previews, reviews, and a bunch of other goodies. By goodies, I mean like those extra stuff at the end of a magazine like Tips & Tricks. I want previews and reviews, so, any suggestions? Oh, and which one will make more for my money?

2. I used to play MapleStory before, and I quitted since I found out I was using some glitch illegally. I'm going to start over with a new account, so I'm going to install it again. The thing is, I want to reduce lag. I've heard that having more RAM will make your CPU faster, and you have to add some memory card to increase your CPU. I'm not sure where to buy and how to do that, so is there any way I can clear up space besides Disc Cleanup and deleting random stuff?

-------------------------------

1. Any good Video Game websites like GameSpot that has many features like that website? Boards like System Wars? I'm asking because I got banned from GameSpot for being a "Legend" and using trying to be smart in the GameFaqs shared boards. Also, anything related to CNET I'm basically banned from since GameSpot/GameFaqs are part of CNET.

2. What's the difference between an Xbox 360 Premium and Core besides the Specs, data storage, HD, or whatever?

3. (Off-Topic) Isn't quitted a word? I looked at the dictionary, and it says that it's a past form of quit.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 08:35:56 PM by HolyAarom »

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 05:42:28 PM »
My favorite gaming mag is Electronic Gaming Monthly. Fits your description in every area.

Also,
quitted

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 06:22:04 PM »
All right, my school subscribes to EGM, so I'll see if I can get one of those subscription cards.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 07:44:28 PM by HolyAarom »

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 07:05:27 PM »
EGM's your best bet.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2007, 05:10:30 PM »
Deleting stuff won't increase your RAM. And more RAM won't make your CPU any faster than it already is. It will help your CPU run things more efficiently though. Aside from that, get a good Internet connection.
That was a joke.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2007, 07:01:40 PM »
1. I don't know how well EGM compares to other magazines since I don't really care about magazines, but you can find lots of free EGM subscriptions out there... they're stackable as well so you can effectively have EGM forever without ever paying for it.
For example: http://www.zdmcirc.com/forms/EGM_062906_vgxpo_form.html

2. More RAM will make Windows run faster since not as much temporary data will have to stored on the (slow) hard disk instead of the intended (fast) RAM.  Cleaning up and defragmenting the hard disk will speed up Windows since the disk won't have to spin as much in the aforementioned case of too little RAM as well as when loading data.  You can download and run CCleaner to get rid of a lot of Windows temp files.

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2007, 11:34:28 PM »
1. Whoa thanks Mß, that is pimp. The gaping void left in my heart after the death of the one good print mag, Computer Games, will never be filled, but a free EGM subscription can't hurt, and will fill the void in my mailbox.

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2007, 07:26:01 AM »
I read Game Informer. In my opinion, it's the best mag around, so you should at least look into it. It has great reviews, previews and a bunch of other stuff, like fun little quizzes, flashbacks and an art section.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2007, 10:07:47 AM »
Well LD, you might also be interested in a free Games for Windows subscription (no wonder Ziff Davis is going bankrupt).
http://www.zdmcirc.com/forms/secure/GFW_Sayswap_Partn.html

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2007, 10:22:41 AM »
1. Whoa thanks Mß, that is pimp. The gaping void left in my heart after the death of the one good print mag, Computer Games, will never be filled, but a free EGM subscription can't hurt, and will fill the void in my mailbox.

Ah, so THAT's why I haven't got any new CG magazines. (Don't ask why I was subscribed to it. I just was.)
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2007, 03:35:46 PM »
What happened was their bone-head publisher got sued to death for spamming MySpace. The magazine itself was going along fine and dandy.

I follow most of the main writers' blogs and message boards since the crash, and Tom Chick writes regular essays for The Escapist and GameSpy now at least.

Sqrt2

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2007, 06:31:33 AM »
EGM's your best bet.

Just watch out for those April Fool's Hoaxes they usually pull.
AA fanboy and proud!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2007, 09:21:32 PM »
Those are pretty easy to notice.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2007, 11:06:04 PM »
Not really. I realized the iGame was a fake about half a year after the article. No joke.

But yeah, my favorites are EGM and Game Informer. Some people bash GI because it's owned by GameStop and GameStop is evil because they sell used games and blah blah blah, but it's a great mag. I wish they'd have more variety among their cover stories...previews of previously-unknown games ten years before they come out doesn't appeal to me that much, although the rest makes up for it.
every

Print