Print

Author Topic: Funny/Bad moments on other forums  (Read 15432 times)

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2006, 07:38:49 AM »
Just curious, what does KRR stand for?

And I think this pretty much sums up that Ed is a piece of crap and should be fired. Heck, we should make petitions to get him fired. Ha ha ha, just kidding.
Professional Paisano here

« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2006, 10:16:29 AM »
KRR= Kirby's Rainbow Resort. The Kirby equivalent to TMK and Serebii.

I'm pretty sure smfan1080 wasn't talking about Ed, but some guy similar to him. Just goes to show you how power can corrupt the even the smartest people.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2006, 06:08:09 PM »
Odd. I always thought KRR was a nice place (so nice that KRR is a friend of TMK). How long ago was this?
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2006, 10:08:52 PM »
I wasn't talking about the Edward Elric guy. This was someone else - more specifically, a woman.

That stuff didn't happen all that long ago; I joined the forums in July of last year, I think, and the bad stuff started happening pretty much right away.
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2006, 05:10:39 PM »
Whoohoo. I've been to DKVine again. I didn't flame, didn't complain, but they flame me for trying to support Nintendo.

I also said I owned 3 DK games and they flame me. I like Donkey Kong. Enough reason to join.

« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2006, 07:29:04 PM »
This is the only forum I go to ever since.

GameFAQs: Once liked it there, posted on AC boards, really nice people, but power-hungry mods and opinion is outlawed drove me away

GameSpot-Fanboyisim be darned! Too much! Too much! Plus, I felt like an outcast.

Most Wishy-Washy

« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2006, 04:58:16 PM »
dude667, about Gamespot, which forum did you go to? System Wars is a place where people who may not watch their backs can be owned very badly. Also, I saw so much Zelda fanboys at the GC boards and MKDS was a hit at the DS boards, but a shadow after ACWW and MPH came out.

« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2006, 01:26:16 AM »
Just a note: I've been banned from KRR. The reason: I wanted to be banned, and requested it. I became utterly sick of the place after certain events occurred, and I don't regret my decision a bit. The site itself is okay, of course, but a lot of the people on the forums, including and especially certain mods/admins, are complete... well, you get the idea.

I'm not trying to start any "board wars" or anything, especially since KRR is listed as a "friend of TMK". But I wanted to mention some of my experiences there, and to give it a fitting recommendation in case anybody else is considering joining the boards there.
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2006, 01:43:22 AM »
Wow, to request a banning of yourself on a board, that's like, I don't know, a sign that the place is a blackhole of suckingness or something.

As for DKvine, well, I don't view them in a negative light anymore (a certain friend showed me the light) but I'm not surprised at their response to Aaraom's return. I mean, you basically burned every bridge with everyone there. Besides, just because you like/own DK games doesn't neccasarily mean they'll accept you again. It's a Rareware fansite, not a DK one. Well, it is, but in a loose sense of way.

Finally, this isn't really a bad experience more like a creepy one. Rangerboard gets some really weird people, and the most recent one to join (and get banned) was a girl named Brandonssexylady. Her creepiness stems from her (really bad) poetry that talks about what she wants to do with Brandon J, last years red ranger. It was pretty graphic and detailed which is why I won't post any of it here as an example. She was eventually banned for annoying everyone that gave constructive criticism to her poetry which really, really needed it. She would flame anyone because she believed they were being delibirately mean to her. Later, she was discovered to be sending a petition to random people's emails to get Rangerboard shut down for supposedly being the epitome of rudeness and for the power hungry mods. She even wrote seem really scary poetry about how she wanted everyone at RB dead! She seriously needs to find help.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2006, 08:02:10 AM »
Yikes! I'm feeling sorry for people like that, because that's just not right.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2006, 08:53:46 AM »
Yeah, I agree with you Mr. Wiggles. I accepted them hating Nintendo the first day I joined. It wasn't a bad forum at all. I would love it, but then they had to bash me for voting for Mario Kart: Double Dash as my favorite racing game. Also, if you're thinking I voted twice, the voting reseted after I voted the first time. It's fine that they hate Nintendo. But thinking I'm a (bad word) for just trying to defend Nintendo, that's when I started to become frustrated. I mean that no one knows anything about the RREV except the specs and games. But they always think it will be a failure when it launces. I also made a new name just to take away the troubles of the last name, but no use. However, I didn't tell them yet that I was going to like DKVine, but I didn't like it the moment they bashed me for liking Double Dash.

Also, I think that Double Dash is close to Jungle Beat. When I mean close, I mean that you're closed to liking that and then being bashed.

I liked Double Dash and it's LAN mode. Then they said my opinion means nothing to them. Not to mention calling me unintelligent.

So if you have your own opinion, get ready for the possibility to be flamed. If you like a game no one else likes, flamed. If you don't like 1 Donkey Kong or Rare game, but love the others, flamed.

It especially gets worse when Chiphead or Sean is on. I feel more comfortable without them on as they flame me for having an opinion. I mean I'm an intelligent and nice person here, but I can't act like this at DKVine as I'm distracted from my bashing and being flamed at.

Also, they won't let me use the Mario avatar anymore. What??

« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2006, 10:55:29 AM »
Okay, every member on the Peach-Paradise forums got flamed yesterday by a girl who flamed Peach, then flamed us, then a mod banned her permanantly and reported her, then somehow she got back on, then she said she was sorry and just jealous of Peach. So she was permanantly banned. That was bad for me cause I got called something very profane.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2006, 01:50:27 PM »
Wait Peach Paradise the Spanish forum?
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2006, 03:06:38 PM »
No, Peach-Paradise.com, ran by Miss Alice of the UK.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2006, 03:26:00 PM »
Oh okay, because I go to a forum where pretty much everyone speaks Spanish.
I'm a horrible person.

Print