Print

Author Topic: MKDS Error  (Read 6151 times)

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« on: March 26, 2006, 05:49:17 PM »
I don't know if this is of any importance, but I found a pretty noticeable error in the MKDS Instruction Booklet. On Page 09, where it's talking about mini-turbos, look at where the black info. box is. It reads: "Releas "R" to perfprm a mini-turbo." Of course, it should be "perform," not "perfprm." If this topic is not useful, please close and/or delete it.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2006, 07:29:21 PM »
Actually TMK already knows, just look at the MKDS page.
I'm a horrible person.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2006, 09:32:18 PM »
I noticed this on my first read-through of the manual. Indeed, it is here: http://www.themushroomkingdom.net/errata.shtml#mkds
That was a joke.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2006, 09:49:32 PM »
Yea... it's been noticed before... still interesting, though. You'd think that for a largely-released game, Nintendo would mind its p's and q's reading over the manual...

...or p's and o's. Whatever that was.
~I.S.~

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2006, 12:29:29 PM »
Ah, there's something I don't see on the list there... the Luigi's Mansion manual is missing a LOT of apostrophes, especially in the "ask E. Gadd" portion.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2006, 10:55:12 PM »
Lots of modern manuals are horribly edited slapped together rush jobs.
That was a joke.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2006, 11:05:58 PM »
Most games themseves have been rid of errors, though. Unless the game is HUGE, I noticed a couple of things in PMTTYD.
1. Rawk Hawk dealt 3 damage per attack, but had 1 defense point in the Japanese version. This was changed to 4 attack and 0 defense for the American release. However, Goombella’s tattle book still reads 3 attack and 1 defense.
2. During the Crystal Star sequence in the middle of the Shadow Queen fight, one of the Shellshockers comments. It was probably intended that King K spoke instead.
There are also a few errors here and there in the Tattle log that aren't really errors, just inconsistencies. Sometimes, instead of the usual "HP: 6", it says "HP is 6".

All your base are belong to us...
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2006, 02:04:46 PM »
I remember seeing an error in MKDS, SPP, MPH, and I believe M&L:PiT. FFIVAdv was fine I think.

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2006, 03:57:33 PM »
Since people are talking about certain errors in manuals, do strategy guides count? Because I found an error in SMA4:SMB3's official strategy guide.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2006, 04:04:56 PM »
I'm not sure but on Mario Tennis PT, after you beat the island open, meet Mario in singles, and if you are playing as Clay, toadsworth says, "He cannot come" even though hes referring to Ace. (and vice versa when you're playing as Ace.)

Also, when you are in doubles and talk to Elroy before you Vs. him, he will say something like "So you think you've already one just because you've got a ticket to the island open?"

I'm not on often, so I dont have much time to check if this is true.

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2006, 09:41:27 PM »
In Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, in the Tattle Book, if you look up Shady Koopa(I think), it will have an error of something like "...a higher rank of a paratroopa...". I haven't played the game in a long time, so I forgot exactly which koopa type it was, and what it said. I just know it used paratroopa instead of koopa. So, look up the koopa types and you'll see.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2006, 11:32:51 PM »
No, no. It was a Paragloomba, and she described it as a "slightly tougher Parakoopa." It's not in the book, it's just what she said.

M&L: PiT has a few errors in the progress descriptions for Save Blocks. I can remember a couple more that have to do with unnecessary apostrophes, but only one specific error stands out in my memory: The Shroob's have been defeated! (After you beat Princess Shroob and save in Peach's Castle of the present, you'll get that message.)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 11:37:15 PM by Bird Person »
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2006, 02:12:41 PM »
Ah, I was thinking it was in the book. But I do know that she didn't say 'Parakoopa'. It was 'Paratroopa'. I'll go check later.

Might as well rename this topic: "Video Game Errors".

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2006, 11:11:25 PM »
Hmm... Well, I know the Paraglomba situation is one error, but I don't remember one about Shady Koopas... I might have simply not noticed. They might both be there.
It's YOUR problem!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2006, 02:49:14 PM »
OK guys, I found a new one. In M&L:PiT, save after you get the Spin Jump. The message will say "Now Mario and Co. can reach those places that were too high before!" It should be "too far before!".
It's YOUR problem!

Print