Print

Author Topic: The Toon Discussion Thread  (Read 77555 times)

« Reply #120 on: August 27, 2006, 03:19:11 PM »
Spongebob is awesome. Don't diss the sponge.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #121 on: August 27, 2006, 03:27:55 PM »
I'm not dissing SpongeBob, I'm saying I don't like him. There's a difference.

Dissing ~ "SpongeBob is stupid." or "LOLZ SPUNGBOB IS STOOPID LOLZ"

Stating dislike ~ "I absolutely CANNOT stand SpongeBob SquarePants..."

See? Difference.
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #122 on: August 27, 2006, 04:28:23 PM »
Hey, it was just a joke! I wasn't actually getting angry at you for "dissing" him.

« Reply #123 on: August 27, 2006, 04:55:07 PM »
You just brought out my fond memories of watching Pooh and Muppet Babies as a youngun. I love those shows. It stinks that girls can get away with watching that stuff without ruining their reputation. If I were caught watching shows like that nowadays, I'd be laughed out of the room

And why would that matter to you? As long as you enjoy what you're watching you shouldn't be ashamed of it. Honestly, I have watched kiddie shows like Hamtaro and Arthur right in front of my friends and I have watched Sailor Moon, Cardcaptor Sakura and W.I.T.C.H. right in front of my parents. No one ever questions my masculinity either, which is all good with me.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #124 on: August 27, 2006, 05:57:25 PM »
Ah well, I guess you're right Mr. Wiggles. I'd like to point out how much Bobby's World pwns.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #125 on: August 27, 2006, 06:13:49 PM »
The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh was a good show.
That was a joke.

« Reply #126 on: August 27, 2006, 08:35:30 PM »
Tigger is the best. He PWNS Rabbit.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #127 on: August 28, 2006, 09:58:01 AM »
One thing I loved about The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh was the awesome characterization.

« Reply #128 on: August 28, 2006, 10:40:40 PM »
You know, I could never figure out the sex of Rabbit.  -_-'
But, he's a guy, apparently.
Anyways, Winnie the Pooh was the one show that I watched as a kid, so, naturally, that cotton-brained bear is my favorite child icon.  I liked the episode where a huge rain storm came in and flooded the Hundred Acre Woods... and the one where Pooh got stuck in Rabbit's hole was pretty great too.
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

Jman

• Score
« Reply #129 on: August 28, 2006, 11:42:08 PM »
I have many fond memories of that show.  I both of the episodes you mentioned on video.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #130 on: August 29, 2006, 08:07:15 AM »
You know, I could never figure out the sex of Rabbit.  -_-'.

Neither could my cousin. You can easily tell he's a guy because of his personality. He seems to be older than the other characters and is kind of a grouch. Yet at the same time he guides the other characters whenever they're stuck. Somewhat of a father figure.

« Reply #131 on: August 29, 2006, 02:31:05 PM »
GIJoe all the way, I love watching that on Action Blast! every morning, I think it is cobra, I'd rather be Cobra than GIJoe.
I only watch [adult swim]

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #132 on: August 29, 2006, 07:46:53 PM »
Meh. The original GI Joe was the best.

« Reply #133 on: August 29, 2006, 08:11:02 PM »
Tom & Jerry, a true classic that is still airing on Cartoon Network. I loved that show since I was around 5. I still like it now because I don't remember any episode I watched.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #134 on: August 29, 2006, 08:39:12 PM »
But Tom & Jerry isn't a show, it's a series of theatrical cartoons. Unless you were referring to Tom & Jerry Kids, which isn't as good as the classics.

Print