Print

Author Topic: Game Endings (spoliers!)  (Read 9078 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2006, 07:42:35 AM »
I thought Resident Evil 4's ending was pretty cheesy. But then again, has any RE ending ever not been cheesy?
every

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2006, 09:31:50 PM »
Ending of Yoshi's Island = possibly the best game ending EVER.
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

Sqrt2

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2006, 02:22:49 AM »
I like the end sequence of LoZ:Majora's Mask the most, and definatly beats the ending of both Ocarina of Time and WindWaker.
AA fanboy and proud!

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2006, 03:29:13 AM »
Spoilers for a game that hasn't been released yet (what?) below

For those looking at the Sonic the Hedgehog (X360, PS3) game for a decent story, you'll be VERY dissapointed.  The story basically ends with Sonic dying at the hands of Mephiles, and then later getting revived by the power of the chaos emeralds (yes, chaos emeralds can revive people now apparently, I hear Shadow the Hedgehog 2 will involve Shadow gravedigging for Maria), then figting the final boss, Solaras, in the usual Super form.  After Solaris is destroyed, it creates some kind of time paradox, and the events in the game never happened (Dude Where's my Car anyone?). Yea, really a crappy storyline, the gameplay seems to make up for it though.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2006, 08:32:44 AM »
Whoah, whoah...slow down. Is this a joke? Where'd you get all this? Sonic DIES? Is Sega trying to annoy its fans? First they shoehorn in Ripoffy the Miss Cleo psychic hedgehog from some random MySpace nerd's Sonic fanfiction, and now this? Yech!
every

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2006, 12:20:41 PM »
I kid you not, a tester for the game gave me the game script for the game, containing all the stories. ( Screenshots for proof @ http://www.sonic-cult.org/newsx/fullnews.php?id=111 ), and yea, that's essentially what happens in the last story.  Sonic gets killed, then revived, then time resets itself after deeating the last boss because apparently its a trancendent being that exists in the past, present and future, or something.

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2006, 04:40:33 PM »
I'm gonna stop buying Sonic games. They totally suck now.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2006, 07:18:15 PM »
The guys at the IGN Sonic boards aren't going to like this.....

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2006, 08:33:28 PM »
Hmmm, first a "super" form that turns Sonic gold, then a being that becomes "perfect" after absorbing certain items, now the Chaos Emeralds having the ability to revive people?

Sounds like the DBZ/Sonic connection has come full circle.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2006, 04:56:47 AM »
Hmmm, first a "super" form that turns Sonic gold, then a being that becomes "perfect" after absorbing certain items, now the Chaos Emeralds having the ability to revive people?

Sounds like the DBZ/Sonic connection has come full circle.

I hear Shadow the Hedgehog 2 will includee a gravedigging mission to find Maria's dead corpse and revive it.

« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2006, 08:25:33 AM »
That's about the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. Sonic games are digging themselves a deeper grave with these pathetic plot points.

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2006, 06:43:38 PM »
That's about the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. Sonic games are digging themselves a deeper grave with these pathetic plot points.
You ought to check your sarcasm detector :P

« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2006, 08:37:43 PM »
Wha.........?

I'm not being sarcastic. I really think these plot points are stupid.

And if you think I'm making a joke on the "Grave Digging," I'm not. That's not sarcasm anyway.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 08:39:22 PM by PaperLuigi »

« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2006, 11:14:50 PM »
Wha.........?

I'm not being sarcastic. I really think these plot points are stupid.

And if you think I'm making a joke on the "Grave Digging," I'm not. That's not sarcasm anyway.

I meant that *I* was making a joke aout the grave digging mission.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2006, 01:16:25 PM »
Really? I thought you were serious!

Print