Print

Author Topic: Mis-interpretations  (Read 8324 times)

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« on: October 11, 2006, 02:39:20 PM »
When I'm playing games, I ussaully interpret the voices completely wrong.

Like In Mario Hoops:

-When Mario dunks the ball I thought he said "oh yeah!", but until I read the review, it said "boo yeah!"
-During the character select screen, for I while I thought the theme was "We are... Te-e-e-am" but it really was "3 on... 3"
-When the White Mage finishes her super shot, I THINK she says, "It's too late!"

There were some other things too, like in Warioware Touched, I did not understand a word of Ashley's song until I read the lyrics for it...
...By the way, one time when Mario dies, what is he saying in Super Mario Sunshine? it sounds like, "Vidividechi". Or something weird.

Any of this happens to you?

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 03:23:21 PM »
I usually understand Mario's voice just fine.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 05:21:38 PM »
From what I understand, he says "arrivederci" in Mario Sunshine, which means "goodbye".

Anyway, when you select a star in SM64, it STILL sounds to me like he's saying "Hmph, pickle!" or something.
Go Moon!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 05:26:35 PM »
"Hmph, pickle!"
HAHA HA HA AHA AH HA Ha Ha ha ah hahaha!  Thanks!  That's the hardest I've ever laughed at anything on this forums. Now I'll think of that every time I play SM64.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2006, 05:27:56 PM »
I thought it was "Nitpickle!" for a long time.

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2006, 05:30:51 PM »
My dad thought Mario was saying "pickle", too.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2006, 05:34:24 PM »
Anyway, when you select a star in SM64, it STILL sounds to me like he's saying "Hmph, pickle!" or something.
What? :?  Anyway, On MK64, when you selected Mario GP, I had no idea exactally what Mario was saying.  I used to think he was saying "Are you ready?"  Then I realized the 'Are you' was actually 'Mario', but I could not fugure out what 'ready' actually was.  It was only when I figured out what GP stands for that I realized that Mario was saying "Mario Grand Prix."  Actually, there's another voice clip from MK64 that I misinterpreted when I was younger: I used to think "Peachy!" was "Thank you!"
Regards, Uncle Dolan

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2006, 05:51:33 PM »
My cousin thought Luigi was saying "Mexico!" whenever he passed you up in MK64.
I thought he was saying "Fetcha!" in SMA2 when you get an item while not small... the same voice clip is used in SM64DS and MKDS.
SMA has way too much voice acting for its own good. I don't know half the stuff the characters are saying (partially because when you beat three enemies in a row, that long clip is cut off when you get that heart that appears). And when you beat a red Birdo... is she saying, "I... hate you!" or what?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2006, 06:16:11 PM »
I used to think "Peachy!" was "thank you" also.
That was a joke.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2006, 06:35:59 PM »
I've always been able to understand what Mario says (except, perhaps, "So long, le Bowser!"), but my father never could understand a thing. One case: In SM64, he thought the star selection noise was Mario saying "Pop-sicle!"

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2006, 07:34:48 PM »
In Super Mario Sunshine, whenever Mario dies, I thought he says Blarro! It's actually "The Horror!"

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2006, 09:13:51 PM »
For goodness sake. Mario says "Let's-a go!" when you choose a star in SM64. I've seen way too many people say otherwise on GameFAQs. On the other hand, what he says when he throws Bowser is debatable.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2006, 09:19:11 PM »
We know that.

I've actually liked to interpret it as "ME-XICO!", as if Mario was hiding something from all of his fans.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2006, 09:42:43 PM »
I'm sick of the mailbag questions "What is Mario saying when he throws Bowser? Is it in Italian? Swahili? Martian?" SO LONG-A, BOWSER!
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2006, 01:46:23 AM »
In Mario Kart: Double Dash, it sounds like Baby Luigi says, "Baby Wee-geee, heh heh" in a sarcastic way.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Print