Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1710353 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6795 on: June 25, 2010, 09:15:39 AM »
So after holding on to my Wii for weeks, first importing a new disk drive from China (or somewhere) and then fiddling with the laser, the guy from the semi-local quesadilla joint/videogame hub (that does repairs on the side) recently proclaims that he has no idea what's wrong with the thing. Granted, I'm ****ed that I'm either going to have to wait another month or so while I send the thing to Nintendo or buy a new Wii, but it's exacerbated by the fact that a couple Wii games have, for some bull[dukar] reason, nontransferable save data--chief among them being Super Smash Bros. Brawl, which my brother and I invested more than enough time in (granted, downloading a 100% save state is an option, but there's something to be said for all those records and dates being your own).

So assuming they can't fix it, which is looking increasingly likely, my primary option  to save all my data is to get a new Wii, then have my friend run the games on the old one (that I can’t move off) a hard drive.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #6796 on: June 25, 2010, 11:18:43 AM »
They've apparently added twenty more levels to Uncharted 2's multiplayer.  And I was getting so close to my X...
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #6797 on: June 29, 2010, 10:37:03 PM »
Some of my relatives decided to move back to Michigan. I'm already upset about this, but...

They took off at around midnight last night. I just got word a couple of hours ago that they didn't make it there. The dad was having seizures and is now in a hospital in Ohio. I sure hope everyone is okay...
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #6798 on: July 14, 2010, 04:21:57 PM »
What is with this Katy Perry crap all over YouTube?  When I said I wished Lady Gaga would just gogo away, I didn't want something just as bad to pop up in her place.

« Reply #6799 on: July 14, 2010, 04:46:01 PM »
At least Perry isn't as difficult to look at.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6800 on: July 14, 2010, 08:52:41 PM »
True dat.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #6801 on: July 16, 2010, 11:28:31 AM »
Not liking Katy Perry I understand, but Lady Gaga is simply this generation's Britney or Madonna, and she's also legitimately good. I don't understand why people like to ***** and moan about pop on the radio; if you don't like it, just buy an iPod or play your CDs. If you're thin-skinned enough to get upset at a musical artist's exposure then maybe you shouldn't be listening to music.

I mean, look at me; I listen to inaccessable underground hip-hop and industrial, but I've learned to like other stuff like radio fluff and classic rock simply because it's everywhere. And learning to like new music is never a bad thing.
every

« Reply #6802 on: July 16, 2010, 11:35:50 AM »
What is with this Katy Perry crap all over YouTube?  When I said I wished Lady Gaga would just gogo away, I didn't want something just as bad to pop up in her place.

Exactly. I already disabled what's new and popular on my Youtube homepage to prevent further brain damage from our mindless culture. Did I go too far?
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #6803 on: July 16, 2010, 11:39:52 AM »
You didn't go far enough.  But they don't let you remove the Featured Videos module.

Lady Gaga is simply this generation's Britney or Madonna
Is this supposed to make her look better?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6804 on: July 16, 2010, 12:10:12 PM »
At least Britney Spears was attractive.

Speaking of music, what is this bull[dukar] on Wikipedia about there being a Rock Band Network on the Wii? Granted, the only song I wanted was "Goth Girls" by MC Frontalot, but that's still part of the reason I bought RB2.

« Reply #6805 on: July 16, 2010, 12:32:59 PM »
You didn't go far enough.  But they don't let you remove the Featured Videos module.
Is this supposed to make her look better?

I know, but I ignore it completely, and complain just enough to not get my account suspended.
At least Madana was completely original. (not that it helps)

« Reply #6806 on: July 16, 2010, 02:17:14 PM »
I like some of Madonna's music.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #6807 on: July 17, 2010, 08:51:04 AM »
Exactly. I already disabled what's new and popular on my Youtube homepage to prevent further brain damage from our mindless culture. Did I go too far?

[wtd]? You go on Youtube and fully expect to not get brain damage or find something brainless? Are you new to the Internet?

But for reals guys, you guys need to get more tolerant. Every day I look at YouTube videos I see at least 600 comments devoted to saying whatever I'm watching is better than Lady Gaga. If, apparently, everyone hates her, then why is she our yardstick for quality on everything all of a sudden?
every

« Reply #6808 on: July 17, 2010, 11:51:02 PM »
If, apparently, everyone hates her, then why is she our discostick for quality on everything all of a sudden?

She's not that bad. I find a couple of her songs annoying, but most of her work is generally tolerable. I will listen to any of her songs before most of everything else that's out right now.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #6809 on: July 18, 2010, 12:08:25 PM »
[wtd]? You go on Youtube and fully expect to not get brain damage or find something brainless? Are you new to the Internet?

But for reals guys, you guys need to get more tolerant. Every day I look at YouTube videos I see at least 600 comments devoted to saying whatever I'm watching is better than Lady Gaga. If, apparently, everyone hates her, then why is she our yardstick for quality on everything all of a sudden?

Because public opinion eludes me.

Print