Bros. Attacks
13 (54.2%)
Bros. Items
8 (33.3%)
Can't decide.
3 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Print

Author Topic: Bros. Attacks or Bros. Items?  (Read 8103 times)

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« on: March 03, 2007, 10:50:47 AM »
After playing Partners in Time, I thought up of this, what do you prefer, the physically impossible Bros. Attacks, or the Bros. Items? For me, It's Bros. Items, I love the cannonballer, jumping across from one screen to the bottom, what's yours?
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2007, 11:12:19 AM »
I can't decide. They were both awesome was of attack. I enjoyed Bros. Attacks because of the button pressing and tactics of how to use them, it was fun to watch and attempt to perfect. The bros. items, were repetitive, but very effective and were a bit fun as well, I liked going crazy with Copy Flowers and did pretty good with it as well.
I'm a horrible person.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2007, 01:01:24 PM »
Although I liked both of them, there were more things I liked about the Bros. Attacks than Items. Firstly, I found that the Bros. Attacks were more fun to preform. Secondly, they weren't as repetitive (although this repetitiveness allows for massive damage). Last, they didn't involve propelling an infant at an enemy, which seems reckless, especially since the future of the entire world hinges on the survival of these babies.

I do think that the attacks and items looked equally cool, however. The Copy Flower was quite amusing.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007, 01:04:43 PM »
I can't decide, but I know that I loved the GBA game while the DS version became boring to me.  I've yet to finish it, but am going to replay the original GBA game. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2007, 03:06:14 PM »
Definitely Bros. Attacks.  They were simply more fun to learn and to perform, especially once you learned the advanced techniques.  Not to mention the versatility you get at that point.  And I liked drawing from the replenishable bros. points much better than using a finite item.

And then there's the issue that I thought M&L:SS was a much better game than M&L:PiT in many ways, which doubtlessly relates to my preference here.

Still, a number of the items WERE pretty fun to use (like losing oneself in the clone flower's process, and just kinda zoning out and laughing at how fast it's getting).  But for me it's Bros. Attacks all the way.
Go Moon!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2007, 03:13:41 PM »
"Can't decide" is a lame option. Either you like Bros. Attacks or Items more, If you can't decide think long and hard.
I voted attacks. While not as versatile or variable as items, they look cooler when used and go along with the game more sensibly--it makes sense that you'd be unable to do Fire Bros. at the beginning simply because they haven't learned how. The old-fashioned "Oh, yeah, we won't get any orders of the most powerful item until later in the game and no enemies around here will have them" rule just isn't as realistic. Also, the Advanced versions are awesome. 
Okay, the Copy Flower was cooler than any other Bros. Item or Attack. It's also super-powerful when mastered...But the first time I got Advanced Thunder Bros. right... oh man.
Fifth: Well, you get eternal Bros. Items with the Ulti-Free badge, which is kind of cheating... though you have to work your butt off to earn it so it's fine with me.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2007, 04:40:33 PM »
I liked the Attacks better. They were less repetitive and less cheap to use.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2007, 06:43:11 PM »
While they're both awesome, I don't think anything can beat Mario whacking an electrically charged Luigi into the ground and having the submerged Luigi zap an enemy from under their feet!  BTW My internet was down for days, but it's back!
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2007, 06:52:18 PM »
After some thought, I've decided I like Bros. Items more. I like them better because since there was more of them, there was more variety (In my opinion, at least).

Although, deep down, I do kinda miss the bros. point system.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2007, 10:16:10 PM »
Bros. Attacks for me. More fun and more entertaining.
Also, Superstar Saga was fun and I beat it.
Partners in Time was boring and I did not finish it.
That was a joke.

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2007, 12:47:48 AM »
I picked Bros. Items. I probably can't beat the game (or at least, not for a long time) without the Copy Flower.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2007, 11:01:33 AM »
After reexamining the games I changed my vote to Bros. Attacks.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2007, 06:15:53 PM »
I have realized that Partners in Time is very underappreciated.  I admit that its not as great as Superstar Saga, but it's by no means a bad game.  I feel like I'm one of the only ones here that has finished it.  I didn't mind the Bros. Items, but I would've loved to have seen what kind of Bros. Attacks the babies could've had.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2007, 06:20:25 PM »
Partners in Time: A great game.
Superstar Saga: A fantastic game.
So SS is better. PiT is still great. I lost my original copy of PiT. I got a used copy today to make up for it and I'll never regret it.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2007, 06:45:55 PM »
I certainly finished PiT!

Print