Print

Author Topic: Moustaches FTW  (Read 6049 times)

« on: April 19, 2007, 03:18:27 AM »
Anybody notice the obsession with moustaches in Mario games? 'Stache' power in M&L? And like every good guy in Super Paper Mario has a moustache. And they talk about/reference them almost constantly in dialogue.

For the record... I have a moustache, too.
Kickin' it since 2000.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 01:45:58 PM »
That might be because the series' main character is known for having a mustache, so I guess they decided to use it as a running gag.

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 02:05:32 PM »
Here's the real issue:

moustache vs. mustache  :O!!

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 02:35:52 PM »
:{o
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 02:59:59 PM »
Mustaches were also frequently mentioned in SM64DS. The Mushroom Kingdom might as well be the Mustache Kingdom now.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 06:14:02 PM »
Mustaches are manly. Thus, the bushier and thicker it is, the more manly you are. This applies to the Mario Bros, who are probably the epitomy of manliness in the Mushroom Kingdom. As well as neighboring lands.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2007, 08:15:03 PM »
A woman with a thick mustache is very manly indeed.
That was a joke.

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2007, 08:22:42 PM »
The reason I grew my mustache was because of the Mario series. And yes, mustaches are awesome, and deserve much mention in the games.
I'll think of a better signature later!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2007, 01:28:36 PM »
A woman with a thick mustache is very manly indeed.
She must have taken a lot of 'roids, or was born with a lot of testosterone.

If I was a guy, I'd probably want to grow a mustache, or even a beard.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2007, 04:17:13 PM »
Steroids cause women to grow facial hair?

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2007, 04:56:06 PM »
Steroids cause women to grow facial hair?

They can contribute to it- Many women have really thin and barely-noticable facial hair anyway- And even then, they usually take means to hide/get rid of it. But with steroids, that facial hair becomes much more visible.
I'll think of a better signature later!

Fwirt

• Now in Cherry
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2007, 10:10:51 PM »
I know one girl who has a visible moustache and beard, and doesn't seem to take any measures to conceal it (it really freaks me out.)

It's moustache, not mustache.  (Just like theatre not theater, colour not color, and grey not gray.  But I guess it all depends on whether you're speaking english or american.)

:}o
"Say, you good at video games?  I'm not good at video games.  The last time I fired up one of my old Sega tapes it made me a waffle."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2007, 11:41:35 PM »
There is no national distinction between gray and grey. However Firefox spell check doesn't know what "grey" is.
You manoeuvrer.
That was a joke.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2007, 05:25:43 PM »
Where I'm from it's mustache, theater, gray, and color.

and center, not centre
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2007, 05:40:24 PM »
eh govnuh, cheerio and all that good stuff.

Print