Print

Author Topic: Hitler paradox!?  (Read 13448 times)

dżamper

• You forgot Poland!
« on: November 11, 2007, 04:29:11 AM »
Bad Hitler -> World War -> Poland wins -> Freedom of Poland
No Bad Hitler -> No World War -> No win of Poland -> No freedom of Poland

Thank you Hitler?
Yoshi's broken English!     Lesson 1: All your base are belong to us!     Lesson 2: Please would paper chuck in wastebin Thank you!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 04:49:27 AM »
But our princess is in another castle!
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 08:30:10 AM »
Do you live in Poland?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2007, 09:59:32 AM »
Look at it this way:

Time traveler goes back in time to stop Hitler from being born > Time traveler discovers that there was no World War I or II > Silas Warner is not inspired by WWII to make Castle Wolfenstein in 1981 > Because there's no CW, id Software never makes Wolfenstein 3D, the first FPS > Time traveler discovers the present day only has sports and puzzle games > Time traveler goes back in time to stop himself from making the time machine > Because the time machine does not exist, the time traveler could not go back in time to prevent himself from making the time machine with which to go back in time to prevent himself from making the time machine with which to go back in time... > the universe explodes
every

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2007, 10:28:40 AM »
I've never liked the concept of time travel...
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

dżamper

• You forgot Poland!
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2007, 10:34:09 AM »
Do you live in Poland?
Yes
Look at it this way:

Time traveler goes back in time to stop Hitler from being born > Time traveler discovers that there was no World War I or II > Silas Warner is not inspired by WWII to make Castle Wolfenstein in 1981 > Because there's no CW, id Software never makes Wolfenstein 3D, the first FPS > Time traveler discovers the present day only has sports and puzzle games > Time traveler goes back in time to stop himself from making the time machine > Because the time machine does not exist, the time traveler could not go back in time to prevent himself from making the time machine with which to go back in time to prevent himself from making the time machine with which to go back in time... > the universe explodes
It's like killing your grandpa before he make your dad...
Yoshi's broken English!     Lesson 1: All your base are belong to us!     Lesson 2: Please would paper chuck in wastebin Thank you!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2007, 10:43:06 AM »
It is possible that Poland would have become free even if there was no Hitler.

On another note, I just had my IP address blocked from editing Wikipedia. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2007, 10:49:58 AM »
No Wolfenstein 3D also means no Commander Keen, because the main character is BJ's grandson...but no Castle Wolfenstein certainly doesn't mean no FPS with the Wolfenstein 3D engine but a different name.

dżamper

• You forgot Poland!
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2007, 11:47:59 AM »
It is possible that Poland would have become free even if there was no Hitler.
Quote from: Toad from Super Mario Advance
I think so!
But not in 1918 :)

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2007, 12:21:55 PM »
What now?  1918 was the end of World War I, not World War II in which Hitler was involved.

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2007, 12:43:02 PM »
Hitler killed 6,000,000 Jews and you think it was okay because his existence gave Poland freedom?
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2007, 01:01:45 PM »
I don't think anyone said what he did was okay.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2007, 01:06:55 PM »
What I meant to say was, we should thank him for starting the war and giving Poland it's freedom, and ignore the fact that he did other things (such as killing off 6,000,000 Jews) other than lose the war to Poland.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2007, 01:42:03 PM »
On another note, I just had my IP address blocked from editing Wikipedia. 
For what offense?

No Wolfenstein 3D also means no Commander Keen, because the main character is BJ's grandson...
I'm pretty sure that was something they threw in for fun after the fact, not the reason for creating Commander Keen. But from a Mariology-type perspective, totally.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2007, 02:29:30 PM »
Yeah, -ology-wise, the character himself wouldn't exist. That's what I meant. The game would probably still exist with the same main character, but not with the relation to an earlier game (unless for some reason BJ was the main character of the aforementioned game using the W3D engine).
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 02:32:35 PM by WarpRattler »

Print