Print

Author Topic: What [ticks] me off is...  (Read 79807 times)

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #60 on: December 23, 2007, 04:22:32 PM »
Exactly.
"it's always the present"

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #61 on: December 23, 2007, 07:19:27 PM »
Its megamush again, this topic is the place where you can post all the things that either make you really mad, that [tick] you off, or you just hate!

Mine are...

- telemarkers

They're called telemarketers.
What's your problem, Cambodian?

« Reply #62 on: December 23, 2007, 07:32:26 PM »
This was corrected already, Rao.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #63 on: December 23, 2007, 09:19:20 PM »
Whoops, so it was. Sorry.
What's your problem, Cambodian?

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #64 on: December 26, 2007, 07:46:15 PM »
I know one thing that seriously ticks me off is my psycho of a sister. She's 26, lives with our grandma, and gets away with everything. Seriously. Everytime she goes to jail (which is very often) grandma bails her out. Yet she says I'm pathetic because I live with mom. What the dukar...?
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #65 on: December 26, 2007, 09:08:44 PM »
Wow. What exactly does she go to jail for, usually?
every

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #66 on: December 26, 2007, 09:57:18 PM »
She's gone to jail so many times that I've lost track. She's quite the drug user though and she's got, like, 29 misdemeanors. Don't even get me started on the time she got drunk and used my name. I'll never forgive her for that.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #67 on: December 27, 2007, 02:57:22 AM »
Oh, that's nothing.

My parent's good friend's crazy ex-wife was arrested for selling cocaine to children.

What did she get? Well... A letter to the judge explaining how she "wouldn't break the law again." That's it, a writing assignment. No jail time.

Oh, I forgot, she also got permanent custody of their two daughters. I forgot about that part.
~I.S.~

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #68 on: December 27, 2007, 11:21:00 AM »
Jesus, seriously? A writing assignment? And full custody of their kids? Was the judge asleep, or something?
every

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #69 on: December 27, 2007, 12:30:09 PM »
Pfft. Mom always told me that grandma favors Psycho because she's her first grandchild. She must be right. I guess my 22 years of being good and staying out of trouble means nothing to gram-gram simply because she was born first. I had no idea she was so shallow.

But seriously. When Psycho got drunk and used my name, grandma wanted me to go to court and plead guilty!

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #70 on: December 27, 2007, 03:48:55 PM »
Jesus, seriously? A writing assignment? And full custody of their kids? Was the judge asleep, or something?

Well, she is a woman... and all men -are- child molestors in the eyes of today's courts, so it makes perfect sense!

But seriously. When Psycho got drunk and used my name, grandma wanted me to go to court and plead guilty!

After this incident I would refuse to admit my grandmother existed, disocciate mysef from her ASAP, and even not go to her funeral when she died. That said, I somehow think this may not be an option for you, but taking the fall for someone else's misdemeanor? After that many prior convictions? That's ... unacceptable.
~I.S.~

« Reply #71 on: December 27, 2007, 05:03:39 PM »
I like how people just excuse situations like that concerning the elderly as "they're just old and confused." I'm sure quite a few elderly are very aware of what's going on around them, and are just being immature or rude. My maternal grandmother did that a lot with my sister and I back when we were around the ages of 10-13. My mother scolded her one day when she witnessed this, and we didn't see her for awhile. Next time we saw her she stopped acting rude like that.

I remember once, she said she'd be overjoyed if one of our precious cats died (I quipped back with "you'll die before the oldest one does", a sentence that wasn't true).

My mother also heard this gem over the phone. Grandma thought she hung up after trying to call us, but my mother answered at the last second, and could hear the conversation going on between her grandpa, who was still alive at the time:
Mom: "Hello?"
Grandmother: "The church is over there Tony. TONY."
Grandfather: "What?"
GM:"You just missed the [insert present tense of f-bomb here] church!"
Mom: *chuckle after a bit of shock, calling out to dad* "Did your mother just say the f-word? HELLO? MOM? She can't hear me."
GM: "You know you have to go to the party at Richard's [my uncle] on Friday."
GF: "Yes, I know."
GM: "I hope that little [insert 7-letter b-word here] Alissa [my sister] doesn't go with Jerry [my dad] and Ro [my mom] to the party. She's liable to come.

Needless to say my mother didn't like hearing that last sentence. Grandma was not welcome in our house for the next two months until she apologized for making such a statement. Her reason for calling her that:
"She never says hello to us, or thanks us when we giver her gifts. Amanda [our (adopted) cousin] always does those things."
Mom argued back that she doesn't do that with anyone, nor do my brother and I (we were very quiet until a certain age).

So yeah, not all elderly people are "old and confused".
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #72 on: December 27, 2007, 06:04:15 PM »
I'm pretty sure my grandma wasn't faking her Alzheimers, although she did seem to occasionally take advantage of the fact that everyone let her get off easy whenever she did something weird.
every

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #73 on: December 27, 2007, 07:36:10 PM »
This one time my grandma beat me up, poisoned my dog, and burned my comicbook collection.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #74 on: December 27, 2007, 07:45:55 PM »
I never said that my grandma was senile, although I'm beginning to wonder if she is now. Then again, I don't think she's ever been the same since grandpa died and Psycho moved in.

Print